Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapons factories

+8
Magnus
Lord Ishurue
Kenzu
Nomad
Alex
rflash
FarleShadow
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weapons factories - Page 2 Empty Re: Weapons factories

Post by Admin Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 am

Ok, general question.

How important is it to be able to set which weapon type will get produced first?
Original idea was to hardcode it that defense weapons get built first.

In case it's important I will most likely not give the option to chose which weapons get built first (as that would mean probably around doubling the amount of lines of code required)

But rather give the option to set the production, of the specific weapons you ordered, on hold (would actually open nice options to people imo).
Basically you order 10k attack weapons and 10k defense weapons, so defense would get built first, but you can put production of defense weapons on hold so that you'll be building attack weapons instead until you reactivate the order on defense weapons.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 am

Although I would probably repair defence weapons first anyway it would be nice to have the choice, but it isn't very important for me at least.

Would the weapons 'on-hold' automatically come off hold when the other weapons are done, or would you have to be online to start them again. It would be nice to have the option at least to have them start automatically when the others are done but I have no idea the amount of coding this would take.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 am

if i'd make it automatic then it would bring me right back to my issue of needing to pretty much double to code for the weapon building part.

so to answer your question, no, it would not be automatic.

And in case anyone wants to suggest it might be open to abuse i.e. someone stocking up kuwal and putting production on hold for later use.
1) I have no problem with people doing that
2) There's nothing to stop me to add some arbitrary limit, i.e. you can never have ordered more than 100-200 turns worth of weapons production.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:53 am

I am fine with the "on hold" feature.

I would say make it so you can not buy more then 24 or 36 hrs worth of weapons. Like a days worth. That way you don't wind up with 3 or 4 days worth in an order, and then need to switch gears due to an unforseen issue.

really, as long as you can put both weapon classes on hold I dont see the problem just as you stated it.

I also dont see the problem with having weapons "on hold" indefinitely either. Adds a bit of stratagy.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:27 pm

hmm i guess i better build the weapon factory

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:36 pm

They're like training facilities. Either buy your weapons now (beat Admin to it) or build a batch of factories that will be ready after some time.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:02 pm

i can't build them, i have other things building.

I not sure how this 'helps' the game, considering now you have to try and build a strike/def and then wait, but time will tell if this was usefull or not.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:39 pm

the timing is stellar!

I'd have to try really hard to come up with an example in which the timing would be worse. Oh well.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:07 pm

how could the timing be worse if you had 1 month to build facilities to your heart's content
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Admin wrote:how could the timing be worse if you had 1 month to build facilities to your heart's content
It could not.
Still, Sandwalker is exaggerating. Just that building training facilities AND building weapon repair facilities kind of doesn't go together.

Could we perhaps take Weapons Facilities and Training Facilities out of the equation in regards to "Already engaged in a building project"? As in, that we could build both Weapons Facilities and Training Facilities at the same time (perhaps at a slightly reduced pace, or have CY2 influence the construction speed) but not something else.

For example; I am building 20000 weapon facilities (seems only reasonable with about 2m army, and would allow for reasonable freedom in regards to weapons). At 20 a turn, it takes 1000 turns until I can build something else. I also want to build another 5k training facilities, and a Re-Education facility.
Let's ignore the ridiculousness of the example, and look at the principle. If I engage in one thing, I cannot engage in the other. Fine, that's fair. But can't I say "put this project (Weapons Fac) on hold, and continue building this other project (Training Fac/Re-ed.. anything)"? Smile
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : 510
Or the year Clovis officially establishes Frankish Kingdom - Birth of France.
Alliance : Nah.. Smile
Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Admin wrote:how could the timing be worse if you had 1 month to build facilities to your heart's content

Correct. It could have been worse. Smile

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:33 pm

on one hand, point taken
will add option to cancel construction of training/weapon facilities

on the other ...
the actual amount of times where it will really be necessary will be very limited
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:37 pm

Then whats the point of buying the weapons if we have to wait for them to be built .

If we buy them its no different than going to a store and getting them .

I dont like this , we should be able to buy them instantly .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm

you'll see later
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:09 am

Universe wrote:For example; I am building 20000 weapon facilities (seems only reasonable with about 2m army, and would allow for reasonable freedom in regards to weapons). At 20 a turn, it takes 1000 turns until I can build something else. I also want to build another 5k training facilities, and a Re-Education facility.
Let's ignore the ridiculousness of the example, and look at the principle. If I engage in one thing, I cannot engage in the other. Fine, that's fair. But can't I say "put this project (Weapons Fac) on hold, and continue building this other project (Training Fac/Re-ed.. anything)"? Smile

I dont think you need 20.000 weapon facilities.

Do you really think that you will build 960.000 weapons each day? (because that's what you need 20.000 weapon facilities for)
With 2 million army you need no more than 100.000 or 150.000 weapons in total.

I think 200-500 weapon facilities would be enough for you.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:50 am

Kenzu wrote:I think 200-500 weapon facilities would be enough for you.

If your training an extra 10k defence supers you dont want to have to wait half a day to train and arm them. Also if your recovering from a massing, someone has taken out 50K 100K or more supers, you dont want to wait 250 - 500 turns for that to happen (As you would with 200 Facilities.)

Kenzu wrote:
Do you really think that you will build 960.000 weapons each day? (because that's what you need 20.000 weapon facilities for)
Of course no one would need 960,000 weapons per day but maybe they want 20k in a few turns, not have to wait a half a day or more, especially if their upgrading weapon levels, you dont want to have to wait for days for this to happen because you only have 200 facilities.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:40 am

i really fail to see the point in this discussion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Alex wrote:
Kenzu wrote:I think 200-500 weapon facilities would be enough for you.

If your training an extra 10k defence supers you dont want to have to wait half a day to train and arm them. Also if your recovering from a massing, someone has taken out 50K 100K or more supers, you dont want to wait 250 - 500 turns for that to happen (As you would with 200 Facilities.)

Kenzu wrote:
Of course no one would need 960,000 weapons per day but maybe they want 20k in a few turns, not have to wait a half a day or more, especially if their upgrading weapon levels, you dont want to have to wait for days for this to happen because you only have 200 facilities.

-Alex

after you have been massed you probably wont have enough money to rebuild 100.000 weapons and supers in one day.

I see no problem waiting half a day to arm 10.000 supers. You are not going to train more supers to be armed within the 12 hours anyway.
The only situation when you need to train supers fast is when you increase defense to prevent being farmed (after you deposit your kuwal you wont be attacked for 6-10 hours with a small defense, since your kuwal has to build up), OR when you rebuild after being massed, in which case you probably will go on 1 or 2 days protection and will be able to rebuild 48.000 weapons with 500 facilities in 2 days, and if you feel like it, might want to build 100.000 weapons in 2 days with 1042 weapon factories.

No need for tousands of weapon factories.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:44 pm

2k suffices. It's not too expensive either. Still, it never hurts to be prepared.
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : 510
Or the year Clovis officially establishes Frankish Kingdom - Birth of France.
Alliance : Nah.. Smile
Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:09 pm

After being massed you may have money to do repairs, depending on strategy and bank size.
If you just upgraded your tech, you are sure not to have money to buy 100k of the new weapons.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2