Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boring

+8
Alex
slambot#4
retro22
Universe
Admin
Nomad
Kenzu
seaborgium
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boring Empty Boring

Post by seaborgium Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Man due to the supply turns thing it gets very boring very fast. I am all for the Idea behind it but, based on the generation you can get a max of 48 grabs a day for kuwal and only 32 raids a day.... thats hmm 10 mins?

To raid or to farm, now that is the question

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Boring Empty Re: Boring

Post by Kenzu Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 pm

seaborgium wrote:Man due to the supply turns thing it gets very boring very fast. I am all for the Idea behind it but, based on the generation you can get a max of 48 grabs a day for kuwal and only 32 raids a day.... thats hmm 10 mins?

To raid or to farm, now that is the question

The question is how much you should farm for.

Dont go for the 20 mill people, maybe you should wait until you see a suitable 40 mill target.

If you got proper attack and hit for a couple mill kuwal, you will not have more than a couple hits per day anyway.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:50 pm

no offense but i have liek 17 hours to kill .....
i carry low stirke, decent def.

I more or less complaining more for the raiding part of it.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:18 am

Well as many of us ex SGW, ex Dune, and etc etc etc, we dont want the same thing as those other games. sitting for hours on end raiding and farming in a game with no strategy or skill. Many of us like the slow pace, and the existance of real conciquences in this game.

jmo
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:04 am

its funny you mention all them, i play them also still lol.

Could do something like orgins, and give a set amount during each turn, and if your offline you get a 'little' extra

I think it was ATs reset to 45 and you get 1 stored when you attacked during last turn
then if you hadn't attacked you never gained ATs they always stayed at 45 but the stored when to 5 extra per turn.

So it was more for the people online, but didn't 'hurt' the people who didn't play as much.

I can agree with most of that. One diff i see here is you can take someones off, and income(to a point) where those you couldn't

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:38 am

getting 45 at's per turn looks really sick to me. puts some players at a ridiculous disadvantage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:54 am

Admin wrote:getting 45 at's per turn looks really sick to me. puts some players at a ridiculous disadvantage

Well yes and no. It was a good set up. To bad Gary went kinna inactive. The income system there is what killed it.

As for the AT. You got 45 per turn. If you used them great, if you didnt you lost most of them. But when you logged in you had more "stored" AT. If you used yours every turn you had no reserves, where someone with high reserves could log in and make multiple hits. It does favor the more active to an extent, but doesnt just being more active do the same? It really did help activity for some time since being online to farm as many turns a day was the only way for maximum effecency

Oh and @ Sea,,,, Then go waste those 17 hrs on those games, don't ruin this one by making it the same as them. Cool
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:08 am

yes but the only problem I have is that some types of people, due to how their lives are setup, can literally be online for 8-10 hours per day, i.e. because of work/school, etc. 45 at's per turn would be around 800-900 extra turns per day.

I agree, the idea has merit, but maybe a smaller number, or some limitation, i.e. you get 12 ST's (another 4-6 raid/farms per turn) but you can ONLY use it to farm/raid
Or question, you want the per turn thingy to be AT's or ST's

whatever, not saying i'll add it, but worth a discussion possibly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:15 am

thing is, you can not buy AT there. thats the difference. To do this you have to stop AT sales and transfers, by doing that you kill the need for ST's.

so unless you look to completely change the present set up, I think its fine just like it is.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:23 am

Well it wouldn't too much of a problem of adding this little bit of "untradeable and short term" AT's. If I'm sure of the advantages this would bring.

So the trades, not an issue
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am

I think that was good for the origins server, but now on that server I think it has both good/bad. Its great bc it puts all on the same level yet gives both play styles some extra with out being too powerful.

Personaly I think a new type of ST might be of good, something like
we currently have but if you use them all you can use the others but they cost more so
Raid/Attack turns per hit are 2-4
normal Supply Turns = 5-6 if used to raid/attack

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Hmm.. I thought maybe you could tie ST generation in with the Work Conditions? +1 per turn for Relaxed, -1 per turn for Overtime?
I don't know? There's a max to that, so it wouldn't be an infinite source of ST's, but it might speed some things along a little bit.

Ah well.. just my 2¢.
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : 510
Or the year Clovis officially establishes Frankish Kingdom - Birth of France.
Alliance : Nah.. Smile
Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:03 pm

seaborgium wrote:its funny you mention all them, i play them also still lol.

Could do something like orgins, and give a set amount during each turn, and if your offline you get a 'little' extra

I think it was ATs reset to 45 and you get 1 stored when you attacked during last turn
then if you hadn't attacked you never gained ATs they always stayed at 45 but the stored when to 5 extra per turn.

where stored?

If you lose 10 turns each time you attack, but get only 1 AT and never gained other AT by waiting, you would run out on your AT and not be able to attack ever.

"but the stored when to 5 extra per turn" doesn't make sense
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:51 pm

did you even read the whole thread?

Note i was refurring to Origins, not here. Over there teh attacks cost 15 turns per, so ya only got 3 per turn, cept every 15 turn ya could get 4 hits.
thats also why i don't do much over there.

well thats a lie
i was the most hated person to an alliance, i made there top person to hit lol

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:31 pm

Universe wrote:Hmm.. I thought maybe you could tie ST generation in with the Work Conditions? +1 per turn for Relaxed, -1 per turn for Overtime?
I don't know? There's a max to that, so it wouldn't be an infinite source of ST's, but it might speed some things along a little bit.

Ah well.. just my 2¢.

Actually make more sense to me to go the other way, neg 1 on relaxed as everyone is lazy, plus 1 on overtime as everyone is working at full pace. As you said there is a max to it, but it might cause more activity in the alert use as most with sound defenses dont use it anymore. IDK.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by retro22 Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:34 pm

If you did it that way wouldn't it never gain you any real extra ST's?

-1 on relaxed for X turns and then +1 for X turns. The only possible result would be that you miss a turn or more and end up costing yourself ST and income.

Unless you had it gain more i would say it just reinforces not using the realm alert.

retro22
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:20 pm

actually making overtime produce +1 ST might actually be a good idea.
Relaxed not creating a penalty.

In that sense it is possible to increase ST production to some degree and at some cost involved
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Admin wrote:actually making overtime produce +1 ST might actually be a good idea.
Relaxed not creating a penalty.

In that sense it is possible to increase ST production to some degree and at some cost involved

agree with the cost aspect, it is an intresting idea.

One question, will it be tied to income? as it stands now when you hit 100% the effect turns itself off. Will it also turn off ST production too? will you have to follow the present rules meaning you have to go from relaxed to overtime to keep the effect?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:21 pm

I kinda dont get the question
The motivation system will stay as it works now, except with the potential addition that you gain an extra 1 ST for as long as you're on overtime.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:34 am

Thats what i was asking. Presently when you hit 1000 the income bonus stops and you go back to normal, just like if you go below 200 it returns to normal. Does reaching 200 or 1000 end the ST boost, or just the Income boost?

when you reach 200, does just the income bonus alone stop, or does both income and ST bonus stop?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:48 am

when you reach 200 you're automatically thrown back onto normal work level. which means obviously the ST bonus will stop
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:04 pm

That was my question.

Now I ask Why should the ST bonus stop? people are just to tired to continue the pace?

Reason I am asking, is, most wars people nerf their income, but this actually make a value in increasing it. Not sure how to work it, but I just like the idea of increasing your income to increase your war effort, not the opther way around like most games.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:41 pm

Because otherwise they would rebel against you.

and no you're not increasing it. because to get motivation you need to decrease income with relaxed for a while first
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:12 pm

what the admin is saying makes perfect sense. You go relaxed, brings motivation up, at the cost of 30% of your income. In over time, you get 20% more income and the extra supply turn, making a supply turn cost 10% of your income each turn.

This makes it cheap for smaller players, but more expensive for the larger economic players...

I suppose it brings into question how much an extra ST is worth to a player in the end
slambot#4
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:22 pm

Well it will depend on each player and their play style. If they run out of ST I bet 1 is worth alot, if they never have, its not worth much.

Overall I like the idea, I think you should try it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum