Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restrict amount of invasion missions per day

+3
Admin
ian
Kenzu
7 posters

Go down

How many successful invasion missions should be allowed on a player per day?

Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_lcap13%Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_lcap0%Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_lcap13%Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_lcap0%Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_lcap50%Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Empty Restrict amount of invasion missions per day

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:00 pm

To prevent players from quitting the game after being massed once, we should increase the length of wars. Instead of making massings last 5 minutes, they should be extended to days, (should last long, like real wars).

We could achieve this by restricting how many successful invasion missions can be done on a player per day.

This would lead to longer wars and a player who is being massed, losing tousands of civilian units each day would be more willing to surrender.
and it would be easier to keep track of who won which war.

I am sure we should restrict how many successful Invasion missions "kill the civilian missions" should be allowed to be dealt on a player by another player per day. If there will be more wars, there will be more massings and we should prevent players to be massed into oblivion within 5 minutes so that they will quit playing. Maybe we should restrict invasion missions to 3 successful invasion missions per player per day. Someone who has 500.000 miners would lose 16.500 miners each day in an ongoing war. And thus he would agree to surrender under worse conditions. (or loose 6.000 workers each day if had 500.000 workers)

No one says a war has to last 10 minutes. Why shouldn't it last for one week?

Let's make the wars last longer, loose less members due to massings by restricting amount of successful invasion missions per day.

PS: Afterall there are plans to make Aderan Wars less peacefull which will lead to more wars and more massings.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Empty Re: Restrict amount of invasion missions per day

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:10 pm

No chance in hell. Miners and workers already have enough of a advantage already. There should be ZERO restrictions on the method and way to wage war - thats what makes this game so good... in that there are numerous options, yet no restrictions (i.e. raid limits and UU transfer limits restrict game play style - yet we have admin efficiency which is far better at restricting growth, with none of the negative impacts on growth style).

Invasion missions SHOULD NEVER be restricted. Otherwise it makes it entirely pointless to even have different income units. This is perhaps the worst game suggestion ever.

Edit.... to counter this suggestion, i ll just go copy my maths from a recent discussion thread i ve been having elsewhere:

If the target has 1million miners - after 50 invasion missions, the target would have been reduced down to an estimate of 581,592 miners left - a loss of 418,408 UU - which at 100,000 rates amounts 110,000 kuwal per worker including training costs - 63,975,120,000 kuwal\'s worth. This would cost the attacker 500 attack turns and 750 supply turns

If the target has 1million workers - after 50 invasion missions, the target would have been reduced down to an estimate of 818,000 workers - a loss of 182,000 UU - which at 100,000 rates amounts 107,500 kuwal per worker - 19,565,000,000 kuwal\'s worth. This would cost the attacker 500 attack turns and 750 supply turns.

If the target has 500,000 workers and 500,000 miners, the target would have been reduced down to an estimate of 411,257 workers and 345,752 miners - a loss of 154,248 miners (16,967,280,000 kuwal\'s worth) and 88,747 workers (9,539,872,500 kuwal\'s worth) - a total of 26,507,152,500 kuwal\'s worth. This would cost the attacker 500 attack turns and 750 supply turns.

This means to effectively neutralise a alliance using your own alliance - you d be looking at weeks of prolonged war-fare. Repair costs and the costs to arm up strikes etc... ensure you can\'t just wipe out an entire alliance inside of minutes - and thats not even including supply turns (a MAJOR limiting factor when it comes to invasion missions, and how many can be done).

This is the worst suggestion ever.... If you don\'t want your income units wiped out - train them as farmers.

Last edited by ian on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Restrict amount of invasion missions per day Empty Re: Restrict amount of invasion missions per day

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:12 pm

dont want them killed?
dont build them

it's simple
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:14 pm

I don't understand.

Why would it last only 5 minutes? You can always retaliate can't you? Oh, you have an account with 1 million miners, 10 mil def, 5 mil covert and zero assassins (because "you're not attacking people, why would you have assassins")? Yes, stupidity has its price. But that's an extreme.

Also, if you put all your UU into miners for the better revenue, you should expect being stomped on the head.

On a final note: invasion attacks are limited. They're not free:

Invasion
10 Attack Turns / 15 Supply Turns needed

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm

ian wrote:No chance in hell. Miners and workers already have enough of a advantage already. There should be ZERO restrictions on the method and way to wage war - thats what makes this game so good... in that there are numerous options, yet no restrictions (i.e. raid limits and UU transfer limits restrict game play style - yet we have admin efficiency which is far better at restricting growth, with none of the negative impacts on growth style).

Invasion missions SHOULD NEVER be restricted. Otherwise it makes it entirely pointless to even have different income units. This is perhaps the worst game suggestion ever.

Don't take is as a restriction, take it as an impossibility.

You send your army to one region to kill civilians, or to 3 regions, but you cant kill them effectively if you send them all around the planet, since a planet is big. Therefore it should take days, and every day you send them to different regions.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Sandwalker wrote:I don't understand.

Why would it last only 5 minutes? You can always retaliate can't you? Oh, you have an account with 1 million miners, 10 mil def, 5 mil covert and zero assassins (because "you're not attacking people, why would you have assassins")? Yes, stupidity has its price. But that's an extreme.

Also, if you put all your UU into miners for the better revenue, you should expect being stomped on the head.

Invasion

You can hardly retaliate, if you wake up one day and your 2.000.000 population crumbled to 250.000
Even if you have workers you aren't protected.

If the massing takes more days, you wake up after massing, still have 1.800.000 units, you might loose 100.000 each day, but at least you get a chance to retaliate.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Sandwalker wrote:I don't understand.

Invasion

You can hardly retaliate, if you wake up one day and your 2.000.000 population crumbled to 250.000

If the massing takes more days, you wake up after massing, still have 1.800.000 units, you might loose 100.000 each day, but at least you get a chance to retaliate.

Save us all a break. I won't be waking up to find my 1.3million population has crumbled to 150,000... why is that?.... oh wait, its because i decided to train all my income units as farmers, in the process experiencing a massive income disadvantage vs. those who choose not to train them as farmers, and instead let their greed make the decision for them.

If you don't want to run the risk of waking up one morning having lost most of your income units... train them as farmers. Its simple. Those of us with farmers trained, accept our income loss is the price we pay to ensure we won't ever wake up having no account left. Those of you with miners/ workers - must accept the chance you ll wake up one day with nothing left as the price you ll pay for the extra income bonus.

Its pretty simple really.... Nothing needs changing.

Last edited by ian on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Kenzu wrote:

If you have 2 mil miners and you end up in a war, you SHOULD lose them. It should hurt. Your account is not built right for a war and your lack of understanding of game mechanics and greed for income would be your downfall. I don't see a problem in that.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:29 pm

Sandwalker wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

If you have 2 mil miners and you end up in a war, you SHOULD lose them. It should hurt. Your account is not built right for a war and your lack of understanding of game mechanics and greed for income would be your downfall. I don't see a problem in that.

I ll add ontop of sandwalkers post - that if you go around drawing attention to yourself (such as messaging EVERY single credible alliance's memberbase on the game, asking for them to be your spies/ give you information on their alliance) then really, anything which befalls your account is of your own making. I find the timing for this suggestion interesting, given its only a matter of days after you mass messaged half the server asking them to be your spies... no doubt some alliances won't have taken kindly to that... i would have to wonder if you ve been threatened by anyone for your conduct... and thus why there is such a coiincidence in the timing of this suggestion?

You reap what you sow.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm trying to make the game more interesting

I made no harm and didn't receive any threats that. But I am not a person who forgets threats. It's good none have arrived yet.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Kenzu wrote:I'm trying to make the game more interesting

I made no harm and didn't receive any threats that. But I am not a person who forgets threats. It's good none have arrived yet.

The game is interesting now Smile - the ability to wipe out your enemies in a mass-strike makes the entire game even more interesting... since it impacts on players military strategies and account structure - which in turn impacts on their growth strategies which impact on how they actually interact with the server as a whole. It also shapes who and what they become as players.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:22 pm

I have to agree with admin on this one. If you dont want them to die, dont train them.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:38 pm

if you dont train them, you will fall behind huge players from strong alliances, who have them and never get massed.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:02 pm

well mass someone then, don't be afraid and be bluffed by politics. i see no need for change and even if i was to change it, this current set up has not been seen in a real all out war. it seems wise to me that you would only make changes after seeing some statistics from application not calculation.

and do not whine about changing things will allow more massings, it can be done right here right now, just no one will.
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Kenzu wrote:if you dont train them, you will fall behind huge players from strong alliances, who have them and never get massed.

To be honest, thats a complete load of rubbish. I don't really want to use The Commonwealth as a example - but we have 3 players including myself, all who joined AW after April the 21st (so close to 5months after most major players on the game), who are now in the top 20 army sizes, and closing to be in the top 10 on a daily basis. ALL of us have practically our entire income as farmers. By 2 weeks time - we ll have another account which joined AW after April the 21st - in the top 20 army sizes, again with just farmers. Not one of us has spent more than $20 on the game - which will have been used for buying the basic $10 SS package - and not one of us has cross server traded in anyway.

It is more than possible to not only compete, but easily catch up other players who have their entire income trained as miners - you just need to have a brain, and know how to grow effectively.

I ll be in the top 5 army sizes before the end of september with a bit of luck... and i ve got literally only 40,000 miners and 60,000 workers - how do you explain myself since i ve obviously not got many killable income units... yet am blantantly not falling behind the huge players?

You should think before you post - as clearly what you ve posted is a load of nonsense, trying to back up a ill-thought out suggestion.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by damgood Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:46 pm

Haven't read all the replies, just the title but i have only one thing to say : If you are afraid of losing them then make farmers.

damgood
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 49
Alliance : GD
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://oddee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:04 pm

danuboy wrote:Haven't read all the replies, just the title but i have only one thing to say : If you are afraid of losing them then make farmers.

agreed
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:39 pm

many newbies will make miners in the false hope that they will not loose them and once they loose them, they will give up.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 am

1. Then they are not cut out for this game

2. Thats why alliances like yours are such a valuable resource

3. Thats why forum participation is so valuable

4. If your really so worried about it, the push for 1 income unit thats untouchable and be done with it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum