Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this sucks!!!!

+2
Sandwalker
castravete
6 posters

Go down

this sucks!!!! Empty this sucks!!!!

Post by castravete Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Now did you had to change the power given by the lvl 10 assassins??...Did the guys from the other alliances complained that they can't take it...or what!!!!!!?????Why did you think I went for it in the first place???....BECAUSE I KNEW IT GIVES 11K POWER, from the test server ...this is the same shit you did with the techs...you're truly undecided...should I invest in my Up further on?...or are you going to change that thing too in month from now!!!???
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 250
Alliance : xxx
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

this sucks!!!! Empty Re: this sucks!!!!

Post by castravete Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:43 pm

after tipsy or kenzu go for it you're going to switch it back to 11k??
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:19 pm

in all fairness, it was a little obvious it was broken Smile

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 pm

ehm lets observe the train of thought
- up to level 9, spy and assassin techs gave same power
- level 10, spy gives 3200 power and assassin 11000!!! a rise from the previous 2240

anyone else think there's something wrong?
glad you reported it to me before someone else did right when you got it on the test server and noticed the obvious mistake, oh yeah forgot, it wasn't you who reported it but someone else.

so cut the pointless whining, you really should have known better
and about the UP, struggling to see the relevance
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by castravete Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:21 pm

wow...no kiding....when you set the algoritm fo these upgrades you haven't noticed??...that was the point of making this upgrade...in this game when you go for a new upgrade:what's the usual order??...if I'm not mistaken it is:weapons, covert and assassins(and covert covert covert for reaper)...you still have players that play for 3 moths now and have 60 assassin power!!!!!!...and I shouldn't be the one to report this to you...you're blameing me for nothing...you should be the one to check these things...I thought that was the point to go for it...ok?
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by castravete Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:23 pm

and btw,sand...if I had that amount of kuwal a month ago when I did the upgrade and I would have invested it all in Up...in one month, how many Uu's would I have earned untill today???...make the maths...and that's my f... point!!!!!
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 pm

castravete wrote:you still have players that play for 3 moths now and have 60 assassin power!!!!!!
it's called being inactive, surely you know what that means.

castravete wrote:that was the point of making this upgrade
well as a rule of thumb, bugs are generally meant to be fixed, or you still not getting the message that when spy level 10 and assassin level 10 don't have the same value something is obviously wrong?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Perhaps that, those who invested in assassin level 10 should have the kuwal for level 10 refunded and level downgraded to previous... who did the mistake it`s not important, it`s how you fix it... and that it`s fixed...

I think that castravete is right about the UP thing... he saved kuwal for 1 month to get this level because he knew the power that it gives instead of investing into UP... and now the level is made less important than it was... thus he wasted time and resources compared with others...
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 am

I have no problem doing that and had he asked me to do it now I would certainly do it.
Up to now I was under the impression that he knew how high the power would really be and that it was indeed a programming error, therefore he bought the level knowing perfectly well that eventually it be downgraded. But that's just my opinion based on experience how these things run in the heads of the players.

Anyways a bit off the point, i'm wondering how high the assassin power would need to be for castravete to think something is really wrong. Had it been 500K instead of 11k, would he still have thought everything is as it should be?
Would like to hear a number
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 am

firstly, i woudl have thought this belongs in the bug section....
and secondly, anyone who has bought this upgrade KNOWING SOMETHING is wrong, shoud be deemed bug exploitation.... as thats what it is....
lastly, even though the game has been getting busier, it is still a new game, and therefore prone to change form time to time as new errors are found....
and i got to ask, but did you seriously think you would gain that power legitimately??? i mean come on! get real here..... a jump of over 7 k in power when everyother upgrade only gives an average of 1k rise of power???? even a noob could spot that....

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by castravete Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:11 am

lol, folks...i can see you are getting all very "saint just"-ing in here...first:I was refering to a couple of good active players that train 1 assassin in one month...if you were all in my place and you had the money...would you go for the assassin level then or any other lvl 10 upgrade...if you didn't had one yet...anyway, somehow are wright I should know it's some kind of error...but I have trusted your judgement...you should appreciate that at least;)...and i don't want my moeny back or anything...i would have done it anyway sooner or later...you are all going to do it:P...just try to let the upgrades they way you plan them...some of us try to move fast;)
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:54 am

castravete wrote:and btw,sand...if I had that amount of kuwal a month ago when I did the upgrade and I would have invested it all in Up...in one month, how many Uu's would I have earned untill today???...make the maths...and that's my f... point!!!!!

I wasn't arguing that and I agree with both Nigatsu and Uro in saying that you should be given a refund, if you want it.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by castravete Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:27 pm

I don't need a refund...I don't need nothing...I can see he's pissed of big time...even if in the main part he was he's fault...even so I've made it I'll keep it...hope he's going to keep this in mind for the future Wink
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:36 pm

Give him a refund anyway.

I recommend not researching anything you can't afford to buy within a couple of days saving.

If each assassin level gave a boost anywhere between 50% and 100% and suddently it gives 400% boost, it is obvious that something is wrong and has to be fixed and should be reported immediately!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:43 pm

here's a fun update for you castra
this is a game, based on programming, bugs and issues happen.

oh yeah and the moment you decide saying anything is someone elses fault you accept, by default, fault aswell no matter the circumstances.
but yes, sure, trying to say who's fault something is will really get stuff fixed.
I'm considering putting up a poll asking if you should get a punishment for not reporting an obvious bug.

other than that i'm still waiting for your reply to tell me how much power you would need to have gotten before you had gone and posted on the forum into the bug section or sending me a message about how the power value is screwed up.
if you dont plan on answering me this question you don't even have to bother posting about this topic.

Edit: To clarify, I really dont care who gets blamed for what, I'm just trying to understand how much I should expect certain people to think for themselves and being able to use their better judgement.
I mean it's obvious that castra is just bs'ing about honestly thinking 11k power is allright and intentional, but even past that bs'ing I'd like to see at what point he'd dont even bother saying he felt it was a legit upgrade.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by castravete Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:42 am

to get a punishment for this!!!???...wtf?...is this something personal??...does it offend you if I still believe it was your fault??...First, I haven't play so much on the test server(and please check that if you want), someone else told me:"Hey, if you have the cash, go for the assassin level up...it gives 11k power"...so you see, I wasn't the only one that thought this is something normal,senior...and, yes if it was to give 20k+ power I would start to wonder and after to ask you if this is normal...I thought this was a way to start separating players levels and start to set them in different categories, as in: some based only on assassins, spies, etc...some mercenaries type shit...and if you want to post a poll...go on...I'm really curios to see how you'll expose the problem...thank you for your time Wink
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:30 am

lol i really don't mind or care if you think it's my fault. But you're welcome to think that way if it makes you feel better.

Purely technically it is my fault cos i'm the one who's been coding the thousands of lines of the code here, so yeah sure you're totally right, it's absolutely outrageous that there are some errors at all.

Practically? Have fun thinking what you want, I don't really think much about you now though, considering the situation where I fixed an obvious bug and you went ahead to complain trying to show yourself as the victim.

And about the thing about someone else telling you this, well you're all in the same category, thinking only about yourself, your posts would be different if someone else had gotten the level and then assassinated you to the ground with little losses, shouting "murder".
The "setting them [players] in different categories" makes no sense as everyone needs to research levels from everything. If you're 2 levels lower in anything you can get massed for pennies by your enemies.

anyways, whatever bug fixed. Next time post in the bug section please.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by castravete Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:07 am

ok...i think this is going in a wrong turn even since the first post...I just thought that the lvl 10 was meant to have 11k power and that you were aware, but you have change it after some complained that this was a major advantage for my account...indeed I overreacted with the "victim" thing...but you also accused me for not reporting...well, why should I???...as long as thought you have set the thing to go up to 11k??...anyway, I don't think it's to simple to manage this type of game so let's just drop it, because I'd have done it anyway sooner or later...ok?...thanks for the help so far and keep up the good work;)
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:09 am

Smile
glad the message got through
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by castravete Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:21 pm

it did...just hope the end of this discussion comes with no hard feelings Wink
castravete
castravete
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:06 pm

castravete wrote:it did...just hope the end of this discussion comes with no hard feelings Wink
there never were any, at least none on my side
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down