Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

captcha

+10
Nomad
Zanti
Balthier
Nigatsu_Aka
Casshern
Magnus
Sandwalker
Kismet
Admin
Lord Pegasus
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Captcha is easy to read?

captcha - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%captcha - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
captcha - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%captcha - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]
captcha - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%captcha - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

captcha - Page 2 Empty Re: captcha

Post by Sandwalker Fri May 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Kismet wrote:
Sandwalker wrote:
Kismet wrote:I noticed a lot of them while refreshing. I could read maybe 2 out of 10 EASILY. If I had a way of posting some of these, I would. Not sure how they're goin to turn out here. The letters running over and being hidden by other letters? Please, yes that's very hard to read.

printscreen, windows+R, mspaint, ENTER, ctrl+V, ctrl+S, upload (imageshack.us), click[Reply], click[Image], ctrl+C(imageshack), ctrl+V[forum], Send.

No, I had them saved. Already on my system, the forums here are weird for uploading images.

use captcha - Page 2 Link_to_image_on_web

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanti Fri May 15, 2009 1:28 pm

I thought I was able to read them but entered what I thought was the code 10 different times before one was accepted....that's really going to be painful if I try to do that from my mobile phone....

Zanti
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Admin wrote:1) you can reload image without having to reload page, just right click and then press on reload image
2) not sure what mmo's you're talking about but any serious game I played had a login code and a few more on other places
3) unlike other admins i don't like keeping quiet about issues, neither do i pretend they will never happen. I've seen admins just pretend to ignore cheaters and autobankers because they didn't want to officially admit they exist and they didn't do anything to stop them for half a year.

So are you admitting here that you have more hackers than other games?

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Sandwalker wrote:
Kismet wrote:
Sandwalker wrote:
Kismet wrote:I noticed a lot of them while refreshing. I could read maybe 2 out of 10 EASILY. If I had a way of posting some of these, I would. Not sure how they're goin to turn out here. The letters running over and being hidden by other letters? Please, yes that's very hard to read.

printscreen, windows+R, mspaint, ENTER, ctrl+V, ctrl+S, upload (imageshack.us), click[Reply], click[Image], ctrl+C(imageshack), ctrl+V[forum], Send.

No, I had them saved. Already on my system, the forums here are weird for uploading images.

use captcha - Page 2 Link_to_image_on_web

wasn't a link on web, was a link on my system and i'd love to see imageshack resize....we might be able to read them then.

also, if you're using mspaint....... you're really behind the times. mspaint is a pita program.

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Kismet wrote:So are you admitting here that you have more hackers than other games?
what do you mean by hacker? someone who hacks into other players accounts?
don't know of any cos no one has complained yet about getting hacked

someone who is computer literate to have a program login for him to bank regularly so he doesn't get farmed even with a tiny def?
that's not hacking that's scripting
and yeh sure there was at least one person i know of who used to use it. he's partialy helping me now with advice/confirming my thoughts on what's easy for a script to bypass
an admin pretending on any other game that something like that doesn't happen is just plain hilarious, that's like a director saying his school is drugs free

about more hackers than other games? well that question is so flawed that an answer wouldn't even make sense but if you really need one then:
definitely less hackers than other games

oh yeh and mspain isn't a pita program because it's something that's generally available on many computers even outside of your home.
plus for the general cut-copy-paste-resize it's more than enough

Last edited by Admin on Fri May 15, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Fri May 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Kismet wrote:
also, if you're using mspaint....... you're really behind the times. mspaint is a pita program.

I just saw someone having trouble uploading an image and I naturally offered the simplest solution. Mspaint does its job perfectly.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Fri May 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Ok I think this subject or topic is out of proportion. I think there are hackers,scripters or whatever you have anywhere. Is say the captcha is cool just needs to be resized. That is all. It seems a bit tiny, but to cheaters nobody knows how many there are and how many there will be. If admin trys to keep em out that is fine with me. and I think also fine with everyone else
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanti Fri May 15, 2009 2:07 pm

From what I was just reading on the internet about Captcha in general is you might be able to stop your average joe from writing a banking script with a Captcha but it looks like most anyone with any programming ability will be able to crack your Captcha with a little work.

Zanti
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Zanti wrote:From what I was just reading on the internet about Captcha in general is you might be able to stop your average joe from writing a banking script with a Captcha but it looks like most anyone with any programming ability will be able to crack your Captcha with a little work.
you are 100% correct hence this can be considered a "temporary fix"
anything that revolves around text recognition is a joke to someone who has experience, but it's enough to be another step up the ladder
oh yeah and with this I am basically saying any other game which has some form of simple image recognition is sure to have autobankers running

so i'll be thinking up a system that requires a bit of "human thinking"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Fri May 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Series of 9 buttons with instructions on which to click in what order.

Say clicking 3 of them in a specific order. For me that would be harder than text recognition.

Something like "Click the fifth button after the second one but click the seventh button first." -> 725 and make sure to change the wording used randomly. The above example is easy to crack through code words but it's just an example. A complex variation on that would give me a bit of a headache.

Or use pictures in the 9 slots and instructions on which pictures to click in what order. It would be a total bitch for a programmer to figure out if a certain picture is a sheep or a cow. Just a thought Smile

LE: I'm offtopic, sorry.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Admin wrote:
Kismet wrote:So are you admitting here that you have more hackers than other games?
what do you mean by hacker? someone who hacks into other players accounts?
don't know of any cos no one has complained yet about getting hacked

someone who is computer literate to have a program login for him to bank regularly so he doesn't get farmed even with a tiny def?
that's not hacking that's scripting
and yeh sure there was at least one person i know of who used to use it. he's partialy helping me now with advice/confirming my thoughts on what's easy for a script to bypass
an admin pretending on any other game that something like that doesn't happen is just plain hilarious, that's like a director saying his school is drugs free

about more hackers than other games? well that question is so flawed that an answer wouldn't even make sense but if you really need one then:
definitely less hackers than other games

oh yeh and mspain isn't a pita program because it's something that's generally available on many computers even outside of your home.
plus for the general cut-copy-paste-resize it's more than enough

How about just save image, then upload, much easier.
mspain is a pita application. most people I know have at least one other graphics application.

you wanted others? estiah.com, any of the innogames.de games. Those are just a few examples, I play more browser games than that. Not had any problems there...

As for your statement that at least one person has done it... what happened to the rules and just banning that person? Sure help, but one person out of how many that are playing..... you consider approximately 5% of the people who would be using scripts...... you make the rest of us suffer for it. That's terrific.

Series of 9 buttons with instructions on which to click in what order.

Say clicking 3 of them in a specific order. For me that would be harder than text recognition.

Something like "Click the fifth button after the second one but click the seventh button first." -> 725 and make sure to change the wording used randomly. The above example is easy to crack through code words but it's just an example. A complex variation on that would give me a bit of a headache.

Or use pictures in the 9 slots and instructions on which pictures to click in what order. It would be a total bitch for a programmer to figure out if a certain picture is a sheep or a cow. Just a thought Smile

I would certainly go for this more than the captcha you're currently using.

Last edited by Kismet on Fri May 15, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Fri May 15, 2009 2:39 pm

So here's basically what I was thinking about. It's done in mspaint! but it's just a rough draft for those visually inclined.

captcha - Page 2 Goosea

The user would have to click the duck twice and the goose once, in that order. Obviously there's a good enough chance to get it right with two buttons. However, with more buttons and more steps, there's no way in hell you'll get in by luck. Also, I find coding the difference between animals very exhausting compared to shape recognition.

So the above is a simplified rough sketch of what I would do to replace the alphanumerical captcha.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Kismet wrote:you consider approximately 5% of the people who would be using scripts...... you make the rest of us suffer for it. That's terrific.
So you're fine for some people to have advatages over others?

and if you got some code that is able to distinguish by itself whether it's a human logging in or a script then you're welcome to share it.

and the thing with the animals only works if you use a non standard picture, i.e. have a non-ehxaustive list of images to be displayed
otherwise it's the same as putting in numbers and letters
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Sandwalker wrote:So here's basically what I was thinking about. It's done in mspaint! but it's just a rough draft for those visually inclined.

captcha - Page 2 Goosea

The user would have to click the duck twice and the goose once. Obviously there's a good enough chance to get it right with two buttons. However, with more buttons and more steps, there's no way in hell you'll get in by luck. Also, I find coding the difference between animals very exhausting compared to shape recognition.

So the above is a simplified rough sketch of what I would do to replace the alphanumerical captcha.

Mspain is still a pita program. Much better ones out there. But agreed it is on every windows system out there (let's ignore the mac and linux os systems out there for now aye? or the cell phones) (and no, I left the t off on purpose - I didn't say it wasn't usable, I just said it was a pita program --- for those who don't get pita, it's pain in the @$$)

I'd hoped you'd go for something more differentiated than a white duck and white goose Wink Cat/dog cow/horse, two things that are noticeably different..

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Admin wrote:
Kismet wrote:you consider approximately 5% of the people who would be using scripts...... you make the rest of us suffer for it. That's terrific.
So you're fine for some people to have advatages over others?

and if you got some code that is able to distinguish by itself whether it's a human logging in or a script then you're welcome to share it.

and the thing with the animals only works if you use a non standard picture, i.e. have a non-ehxaustive list of images to be displayed
otherwise it's the same as putting in numbers and letters

Some people have paid for advantages. That's legal enough. If you're simply talking about banking.. I'm not going to complain about a couple of people doing it. You have a person who you caught helping you right now..... who is to say that he (or she) has something to BEAT what you're currently doing? You didn't ban this person, right? Since nowhere did you say you had..... just that this person is helping you. After you caught him. Running what? A banking script?

You already have something on the voting page that doesn't allow you to click more often than once every 6 seconds...... can you not apply that to the whole site itself? Cannot click on something else for at least 6 seconds or more (10 max though).
The things with animals can be done. You don't have to have a non-exhaustive list. You randomize the 2 or 3 pictures and where they are (duck wouldn't always be in the first position, could be in the 2nd or 3rd). Doesn't always have to be duck vs goose either. Can be duck vs cow, goose vs cat, cow vs dog, etc. Have 3-4 pictures show but only 2 used to click.

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Fri May 15, 2009 2:51 pm

it was just an example kismet and yeah uro, you'd need a pretty big list of animals to keep it from just registering what an image stands for. You can always just record what IPs refresh the page 100 times on the login sequence and cross-reference it to your userbase and voila, autologin script.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 15, 2009 3:00 pm

if you randomize 2 or 3 pictures then it's no different that if i use a captcha

oh yeh i knew someone would pull that one out, so what that he could have something already that can beat it and whatnot, actually he doesn't have it but he could have it with 2 days of work tops, but probably less?
you didn't tell me anything new, but i'm sure you are aware of that because otherwise you would not have written it at all.

plus what would be the point of the clicking limit?
you don't need to bank every 6 seconds, but every turn/several hours
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri May 15, 2009 3:40 pm

my problem is on my moble phone. it has increased drasticly. almost 2 minutes last log in. On the phone the caption is difficult to read but to me its easy to read on my home PC.

If possible think of the moble users if you can find a way. TY
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by baikal Fri May 15, 2009 6:09 pm

well it is readable about 7 outta 10 in 1-2 seconds.
But its more annoying that i cant press enter after inputting the capta to login.
i have to tab to the login button first Very Happy

baikal
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : 411
Alliance : POHIDA
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-25

http://pohida.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 15, 2009 9:09 pm

well i had a good number of people tell me it's damn easy to read, on the other hand there's a good number of people it's hard.

i guess you can never please all Razz
oh and fixed the poll
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Kismet wrote:I HATE...Sandwalker wakes up to bank...... you think everyone when they wake up in the middle of the night can use both eyes and it's clear? So now you want Sandwalker to completely wake up to do nothing more than BANK his kuwal...... interrupting his entire sleep because now he's fully awake..... hurts his job, making him tired at work, etc. Come on. lose it already...

I have to agree with this valid argument.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by baikal Fri May 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Well maybe just a small favor.. when you do keep it (since it seems you kinda already decided on it xD) bould you place the captcha on the top of login details instead off on the bottom?
Thanks

baikal
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : 411
Alliance : POHIDA
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-25

http://pohida.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri May 15, 2009 10:59 pm

is it just me or does it not show up on the "plain log in" form?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by somebody Sat May 16, 2009 5:06 am

No, it shows in plain log in form.
somebody
somebody
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 149
Alliance : World Republic