Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTR

+2
Nomad
Smog
6 posters

Go down

PTR Empty PTR

Post by Smog Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:04 pm

Where did the PTR go?
Is it still in use?
If used, will it finally be used properly?
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

PTR Empty Re: PTR

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Good questions Smog.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

Smog wrote:Where did the PTR go?
Is it still in use?
If used, will it finally be used properly?

Yes and no.

The system for measuring feeding still exists and has been improved. And on top of that it takes into account commander/officer feeding including all commander/officer feeding that happened until now.
So if you paid a high officer rate, say 400,000 kuwal, it will decrease your PTR, whereas, if you paid very little to your officers, it will increase your PTR.

But the name of the system itself is not PTR. PTR is only a number to show a player if his feeding is still ok (and this number is not visible anymore, instead you get actual numbers of how much you can send/receive in the private broker page). I guess you wanted to know if the feeding system still exists, and yes it does.

PTR is actually only the percentage, which showed if your account is in good standing or if you have been feeding or being fed too much resources.
The percentage itself is not being calculated, but you can calculate it easily by taking the numbers you see in the private broker page that show how much resources you can send and receive.

The PTR is still in use, and has been improved. When you open the private broker page, you can see how many resources you are still allowed to send and receive. These numbers are based on your previous feeding levels, which were before used to calculate PTR.

Before PTR was based on account value and used the variables account value and the amount of resources sent and received to calculate the PTR.
Now the system calculates your production in the last 365 days and uses this value along with the values of resources you have sent and received to calculate.

As far as I know, the new system allows you to send away/receive up to 20% of your production (but as far as I know, not more than 150 or 200% of 20% of average production. This means that even the biggest players cannot be fed much more than average players), and this value increases over time, as you produce more and more resources (kuwal, UU, AT). Additionally all accounts have a bonus capacity to receive resources worth up to 10,000 AT (This can be especially useful for new accounts who have a veteran friend, who wants to help them out so that they can grow much faster at the beginning). Private brokers will now also prevent you from sending more resources than allowed, and you can always see how much you can send. The advantage of this is, that less manual supervision is necessary, and players don't need to worry that they will feed too much, because the game will simply not let them make illegal feeding.

You can take my explanation or wait until admin provides his.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm

To me it looks like the same system, but with hard limits now. From what I have seen I rather like it better. *edit* Should make alliance wars harder to fight because now its not as easy to have an entire alliance feeding to 1 or 2 players. The hard limits will stop that.

I do have some questions tho if Admin can find the time to answer them, and I say admin because I think only he can answer them. If you have a good understanding feel free to offer a view if you want Kenzu.

Will the promised adjustments be made for those accounts that were heavily hit by the introduction of PTR? Admin said he would make some adjustments but it has been many months ago and nothing has been said or done.

Secondly, the system now takes into account only the last 365 days correct? So this means those who received massive amounts of resources very early should have those penalties removed from them correct? From what I see ingame this is not the case but since the display system has completely changed I can not compare the 2. An account who gained lots of resources well over a year ago, and has traded on the side of them losing to correct their PTR should now be perfectly equal should they not? But that is not the case now. Accounts with bad PTR's over 1 year old still have a bad sent/received ratio in this new system as well. So any explination or a way to compare old to new would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited by Special Agent 47 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added remark about hard limits)
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Why do we need to make a private broker to see our PTR? I don't even HAVE SS anymore =/ I'd like to see it back on the base page, because that's what it is for. getting overall stats of everything related to your account. or am i wrong in thinking that?

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:20 pm

I will leave the first round of explanation of the new trading system for the updates list which I'm writing now, afterwards I'll clarify any further questions.

for all intents and purposes, the OLD PTR system is gone (with that I mean you can completely forget the part about being "in the red" or "in the green").
The new one builds upon it and considers both old transfers to some extent as well as how the person acted on their PTR since its introduction (a person who started out with 60% and dropped it to 40% will be now be in a better situation than if they left it at 60% or even raised it)
However overall it's much simpler (hopefully, at least that was the plan, only time can tell when people write what they think of it) both to understand and to use

also sovietman there will not be a separate page for 2 main reasons:
- there's simply not enough information to justify a new page, you can see on the broker page it takes up a total of 5 lines and this information is all that almost everyone will ever need for their (the only extra thing I might consider adding is how much send/receive increased for the player in the last day)
- you only ever need it when you are sending something, and the plan in the recent years was the remove all non-vital information from the base page (it used to show basic techs, and tons of other crap)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:46 am

The list isn't ready yet, there's been more unexpected bugs to fix than I anticipated, many of which have been however successfully caught before doing any lasting damage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 am

Admin wrote:
also sovietman there will not be a separate page for 2 main reasons:
- there's simply not enough information to justify a new page, you can see on the broker page it takes up a total of 5 lines and this information is all that almost everyone will ever need for their (the only extra thing I might consider adding is how much send/receive increased for the player in the last day)
- you only ever need it when you are sending something, and the plan in the recent years was the remove all non-vital information from the base page (it used to show basic techs, and tons of other crap)

guess that makes sense Smile ty for answer.

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: