Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killed the Floor

3 posters

Go down

Killed the Floor Empty Killed the Floor

Post by Gamniac Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Okay, so I made a joke of the name, so what?

Anyway, due to the annual Halloween Event, Killing Floor is currently 75% off on Steam.
You lot can get it at 4.50 for the base game, or the entire package of the game and all DLC at 7.50. (prices are in Euro's)
You can find most information on the site of the game: http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/

Killing Floor is co-op Survival Horror.
Players (a team of up to 6) try to survive against waves of artificially engineered super-soldiers and their creator, the Patriarch.
Perks allow a character to become stronger with certain weapons and grant abilities, such as seeing invisible enemies or being fireproof.
While the creatures you face are not exactly charming (one has a bloody chainsaw for a hand and a charging Fleshpound is bound to scare the crap out of anyone), the british voice acting (the game takes place in the UK) and several character models add a well placed touch of humor.

Wonder how many actually show interest...
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Killed the Floor Empty Re: Killed the Floor

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:55 pm

1time fee? No monthly? How is the replay ability ?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 pm

The trailer was funny and don't know why, but the game style seemed like a more awesome version of Postal.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:11 am

Nomad wrote:1 time fee? No monthly? How is the replay ability?

Pay once, play forever, like any normal game. Games with subscription fees generally don't allow for LAN, far as I know.

There are several difficulty settings available, leveling the perks tends to take a while, and Zeds seldom spawn the same way twice (some of them tend to spawn where nobody is looking, at one point leading to a Ninja Fleshpound, see below), so no two games are the same. Also of note is a vast number of game servers: I had every filter on, looking for a game on Normal, and still had over 50 servers servers to choose from.

Keinutnai wrote:The trailer was funny and don't know why, but the game style seemed like a more awesome version of Postal.

Don't know what trailer you saw, but the Halloween Event currently taking place is called the Hillbilly Horror, so all Zeds currently look like they walked/crawled away from the set of "Dukes of Hazard".

FYI, the game doesn't look as graphically stunning as others, like Left 4 Dead, and the story is fairly non-existent (these folks are trying to kill you, here's some guns, have fun).
Killing Floor does what it set out to do, and does it well.

And now, for the Ninja
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Yes I think I saw the Hillbilly Horror.

It's not because of how they looked like, but because of the general feel of the game, the weapons, the effects and the craziness.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Keinutnai wrote:Yes I think I saw the Hillbilly Horror.

It's not because of how they looked like, but because of the general feel of the game, the weapons, the effects and the craziness.

There's a load of guns, that's true.
And take my word for it, it can get hectic as all hell, especially when you're (almost) cornered: you'll end up fighting off a horde of several hundred on a full server (which doesn't end well, usually).
Not that all hundred are within range all at once, but it's not easy fighting your way out of the dog pile before the rest show up.
Especially since Clots, the most basic and numerous Zed, prevent you from moving when it grabs hold of you.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum