Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A way to correct some trade issues

3 posters

Go down

A way to correct some trade issues Empty A way to correct some trade issues

Post by Special Agent 47 Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Going over things in detail I have found some issues I would like to know and understand how to correct, but first thing first.

I would like to suggest that when an officer and a commander do a trade that it is NOT automatically made into a officer/commander trade and moved to a different section of the PTR screen. I found out to late this was occurring. I do now know to change the type of trade but the damage is done. That is my first suggestion.

Another issue I have found on my account, and I can see this effecting others as well, is alliance trades. This account has been through multiple alliances. Some alliances still exist and some do not. In effect I have a very nasty PTR value on the right side with a decent total PTR value on the left. Unfortunately the only way to correct this PTR on the right under the alliance and CO/officer side is to trash another persons PTR. This kind of leads back to the entire issue I had with alliance trades to begin with. They can never be fixed unless everyone pays back the exact same "value" to the exact same people. Problem is both people and alliances come and go, so once damaged you can not fix yours unless you wreck another. Yes if you can find the 10 to 100 brand new accounts to give stuff to I guess its possible, but really?

So my suggestion is unless some alliance actually uses the system, why not remove it since it is worthless. Let PTR cover it. I would suggest removing the commander/officer PTR as well and let normal PTR cover it, but it is actually used from time to time. Even tho I over pay my officers to help them, some often do brokers to correct the PTR when it starts to effect there total PTR.

Now short of finding someone to become an officer to thats willing to do exact amount trades, and finding another alliance willing to do the same, How is a person suppose to fix these 2 PTR systems? (The officer/CO and alliance PTR systems?)

Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

A way to correct some trade issues Empty Re: A way to correct some trade issues

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:Going over things in detail I have found some issues I would like to know and understand how to correct, but first thing first.

I would like to suggest that when an officer and a commander do a trade that it is NOT automatically made into a officer/commander trade and moved to a different section of the PTR screen. I found out to late this was occurring. I do now know to change the type of trade but the damage is done. That is my first suggestion.
Is this referring to what I sent/am sending you or is this about something else? I ask as it is not automatic, I have to manually set it to "transfer to commander"

Another issue I have found on my account, and I can see this effecting others as well, is alliance trades. This account has been through multiple alliances. Some alliances still exist and some do not. In effect I have a very nasty PTR value on the right side with a decent total PTR value on the left. Unfortunately the only way to correct this PTR on the right under the alliance and CO/officer side is to trash another persons PTR. This kind of leads back to the entire issue I had with alliance trades to begin with. They can never be fixed unless everyone pays back the exact same "value" to the exact same people. Problem is both people and alliances come and go, so once damaged you can not fix yours unless you wreck another. Yes if you can find the 10 to 100 brand new accounts to give stuff to I guess its possible, but really?
this acct I currently am playing also has been thru several alliances, only 1 still in existence.
below is what I currently show in this part of my page...

Overall Alliance Transfers
Kuwal-0
Untrained-0
Turns-2,450
Cumulative Value- 2,450 Turns

I am going to assume that the 2,450 turns were put on this acct,I do not know when this was done, nor do I know how to reverse it. my question is... what happens if I use the "transfer within alliance" button, where will the turns go? do I chose a member to send to or exactly how does this work?

So my suggestion is unless some alliance actually uses the system, why not remove it since it is worthless. Let PTR cover it. I would suggest removing the commander/officer PTR as well and let normal PTR cover it, but it is actually used from time to time. Even tho I over pay my officers to help them, some often do brokers to correct the PTR when it starts to effect there total PTR.
such is the case with me, as I found that by lowering my commander/officer ratio, it actually lowered my Ptr.(not by much mind you, but every little bit helps)

Now short of finding someone to become an officer to thats willing to do exact amount trades, and finding another alliance willing to do the same, How is a person suppose to fix these 2 PTR systems? (The officer/CO and alliance PTR systems?)
I know that I am going to open a big can o worms here, but what is the point of "exact amount" trades? that sounds to me like break even farming. if a profit can't be made, what is the point?

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:I know that I am going to open a big can o worms here, but what is the point of "exact amount" trades? that sounds to me like break even farming. if a profit can't be made, what is the point?

The point is to 0 your PTR in relation to alliance trades or officer/commander trades. If your amount sent is not EXACTLY the same as the amount received then your % is not 0. This is my alliance trade section of PTR

Kuwal 980,000,000,000
Untrained 0
Turns 0
Cumulative Value 4,992 Turns

Would I not need to exchange exactly 980,000,000,000 to get the cumulative value to 0? If i left 1 mill, or even 1,000 would it not effect the PTR? (Yes 1, 000 would be so small it would never sow up but that is beside the point)

This has nothing to do with profit. Alliance trades have an exact "value" ties to them. That same value must be replaced or sent away to basically 0 the see-saw leaving you with a cumulative value of 0.

If you are trading for profit you need to use normal trades, not alliance trades or officer/commander trades.

Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:I know that I am going to open a big can o worms here, but what is the point of "exact amount" trades? that sounds to me like break even farming. if a profit can't be made, what is the point?

The point is to 0 your PTR in relation to alliance trades or officer/commander trades. If your amount sent is not EXACTLY the same as the amount received then your % is not 0. This is my alliance trade section of PTR

Kuwal 980,000,000,000
Untrained 0
Turns 0
Cumulative Value 4,992 Turns

Would I not need to exchange exactly 980,000,000,000 to get the cumulative value to 0? If i left 1 mill, or even 1,000 would it not effect the PTR? (Yes 1, 000 would be so small it would never sow up but that is beside the point)

This has nothing to do with profit. Alliance trades have an exact "value" ties to them. That same value must be replaced or sent away to basically 0 the see-saw leaving you with a cumulative value of 0.

If you are trading for profit you need to use normal trades, not alliance trades or officer/commander trades.

Ahh, yes... I see now. I do agree with you on what you need to send away, but to Whom is my question? anyone that will take it,(within the alliance) or is there a barrel lying around to put it in for some other alliance member to come along & take at a later date?
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:06 am

Any way to get a response from Administration on this?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:42 am

In Regards to this PTR i say get rid of this foolish thing.

this update was clearly made to weaken $ players and players who have good teamwork, absolutely positively nothing at all to do with cheaters.

b4 the update Admin did very well in Multi hunting.

i say a better update is if players are limited to spending $200 a month on buying ingame gold maybe do something like this.

raise the amount players can spend buying from Admin to 250$ a month that can roll over to up to $1000 a month . ( a player spends 0 for 3 months. on the 4th month they drop $1000 on the game. month 5 they can only spend the standard $250 a month)

and the same with buying from other players . The max u can spend on buying other players resources is 250$ a month. (the buyer & seller are encouraged to send admin a small amount of cash ( If u look at it yor using the man's business as yor own with out giving him some sort of cut ))

In regards with Teamwork etc between players. If yor teamwork is horrible then make it so its not horrible.

Another idea for PTR. is a month to month basis. and if yor PTR at end of month is in Red. then maybe u pay idk 10% of it . that goes into something to help new players or more less functions as an expense.

But yor red PTR never rolls over. u simply pay the bill at end of month and next month yor PTR is clean slate or 0%.

If yor PTR is Green, then a very small portion of it rolls over to the next month.

Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:22 pm

I personally happen to agree with the reasoning for and existence of PTR. Without it I can say the army sizes in the game would be skewed much, much further then they are now. My biggest issue with it now is purely theoretical in nature and I am not 100% sure its true, but going by experience it seems to be. The "values" need some form of a cap. So if you get a resource that is worth 10 AT today, the most you should have to pay back in the future should be capped. It should not continue to grow with no limit. Normal or even aggressive account growth just does not seem to overcome PTR in a decent or acceptable amount of time. When it takes a year to improve by 1/4 of the "bad" PTR that is just too much time. I also think the game should stop you at some point (an actual hard cap that blocks all incoming trades)but that's just me. This suggestion is for a way for a player to fix their PTR if they so choose. With alliance PTR, Officer/commander PTR, and personal trade PTR.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content