Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggestions?...

2 posters

Go down

suggestions?... Empty suggestions?...

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon May 21, 2012 7:14 pm

I have been thinking about this for a while now, & it took this "war"? with WR to put the last piece of the puzzle in place for me...

Aderan Wars... it would seem that to have any success as a war game, there needs to be aggressive players who are willing to instigate. but with several game mechanics in place to protect smaller players, (I know that they are needed, that is not the point). there is no incentive to be aggressive & start wars etc. as the defending player always gets more xp in all attacks, & loses fewer soldiers etc. I guess I am asking "what/where is my gain for being an aggressive player?" & "why should I be aggressive at all?" I mean look at it this way any player can grow their acct, & rise in the ranks without ever fighting any battles. I hear you talking about "farming/raiding" well players do those activities because they choose to, not because a "game mechanic" forces them to. I know several players who seldom farm/raid, & do not fight, but yet are on page 1 of the rankings.

what I am saying is without any incentive to be an aggressive player, & with game mechanics protecting the defender. AW is for the most part a stat building game. it seems to me that the majority of players would rather play the GM than fight a war. I/we chose to be the aggressors in this current war with WR, (I much prefer the term slaughter as "war" infers that WR is fighting back, keinutnai I give you credit, but your 1 man assaults are not doing it, sorry).

if you are the aggressor, there is no point in fighting a ground war as you lose more than you gain, & with what I've seen so far when AF is released it will be too expensive to utilize in a war. so as far as I can tell war will become a thing of the past here...

I guess what I am saying is, "I signed up to play a war game, why am I here?" keinutnai/kenzu the tactics you are using in this war, the same thing I saw mujengan do but on a lessor scale are magnificent, some of the best battle tactics I have ever seen, the combination of not building, & hiding (ok, not really hiding behind but taking advantage of) behind advantageous game mechanics to gain an edge is impressive. there is only 2 problems that I see, 1) the tactics you employ cannot be utilized by aggressive players, 2) those very tactics that you are using is part of what is killing this game.

so I ask, "what is my incentive to be an aggressive player in AW?" & I will also ask "why should I stay & continue to play AW?" when stat building games bore me to tears. (do you really want to see an over sized monkey cry?)

I just want to make it clear that I am not going anywhere, anytime soon, I got this war to fight, plus I do have a few goals I'd like to accomplish (just for personal reasons).

there it is folks, I've said my piece, agree, disagree, comment, don't comment, spank me, whip me, beat me, bite me, make me write bad checks. If you have any ideas on how to improve this situation, (I don't, that's why I posted this here) I say post it in the "game suggestions" thread. I promise not to be rude. but I will read & consider all comments.

thanks for listening,

K...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

suggestions?... Empty Re: suggestions?...

Post by Nomad Tue May 22, 2012 5:21 am

Well aggressive players will grow faster, farming and raiding makes that so. Here tho the bigger issues come from not being able to 0 an account because the cost just isnt justifiable. You can't in turn farm said account because incomes are too low. I hope from a statement made by admin that he recognizes the fail in the War Experiance system presently and I can only hope he will address it in the coming years after the other more pressing 2 yr updates are released.

I do disagree with you on the AF and its cost tho. Presently AF would be a blessing in the war your fighting as you would never see a negative loss ratio. It would be a perfect 1 to 1 loss ratio or better depending on how far you push your AF. Not to mention you can use it to 0 WR accounts at a cheaper cost. Lastly it would make it much easier as you could take out buildings making Kenzu's present tactic useless because without those 45K+ training facilities and weapon factories he could not build the army needed to attack during his limited PPTs. Add in the income based attacks,,,, if they ever get added, and it would spell the total demise of WR.

Overall I agree AW is not much of a WAR game. Weather that is good or bad is decided by each player. Personally I feel much like you in the fact the game is not progressing as fast or in the direction I thought it would, so that more then likely spells the end of my time here. I'll hold out hope as long as I can, but Zombies are much more fun than this game is presently.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum