Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Change Price

+4
Gamniac
Nomad
kingkongfan1
Iamdoom
8 posters

Go down

Race Change Price Empty Race Change Price

Post by Iamdoom Thu May 10, 2012 5:10 pm

I think the race change cost is far to high. Sad The new formula should be:

Account Value>Kuwal equivalent/60

Please discuss.

Last edited by Iamdoom on Sat May 12, 2012 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Iamdoom
Iamdoom
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Race Change Price Empty Re: Race Change Price

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

just start out & stay hualu. problem solved.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamdoom Thu May 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Tell that to SA47.

Really, what do you think about my proposition?
Iamdoom
Iamdoom
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 pm

The cost is tied to how much you saved by being that race. You get price decreases and the more decreases you get the higher the cost to change.

I am no good with formulas, so I do not understand what you are proposing.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Let's see if I can decipher the formula:
Account value (how the heck do I calculate that?) is greater than the same value expressed in kuwal divided by 60.
Well, yeah, of course Account value is greater than 1/60 of itself.
That's no formula, it's stating the obvious.

Kidding aside, what I can sift from OP is that the cost for switching race should be 1/60 (i.e. 1.66667%) of the total value of your account.
Can anyone tell me if or when this would be counterproductive compared to the current system?
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Thu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm

To change your race, extensive investments into genetic modifications have to be made:
The cost is expected to be: 7,622,054,503,760 Kuwal
The kuwal you have on hand AND in your bank must cover this cost before you can continue.

Neutral

Although I have no intention of changing race.
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Iamdoom wrote:Tell that to SA47.

you have been here what 3-4 weeks now.

please do not take this the wrong way, but personally I think you & all the other "new" players should try actually "playing" this game the way it is now, before coming in here & trying to change anything. give it 6 months, then bring up your suggestions. this game is designed the way it is for a reason.

as I said I do not want you to take this the wrong way, cause I do not mean to sound like an ass, but you are just the latest in a long string of new players to come in here & start proposing changes to the game before you really took the time to play the game.

& another thing, if you took time to go thru the forums you will find older threads pertaining to all your recent suggestions & why things are the way they are.

besides that ":@;" just annoys me, you are no better than any other player, why do you feel the need to "mark" your threads? do you see anyone else "marking" their threads?

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Thu May 10, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix something...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamdoom Sat May 12, 2012 8:08 am

I'll stop doing :@;.

Maybe your right.
Iamdoom
Iamdoom
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat May 12, 2012 12:59 pm

But on the other hand suggestions by players who are new and have ideas shouldn't necessarily be silent. Although its true that suggestions might be better suited after a player played longer, someone who is very new, might bring revolutionary ideas that players who played the game for a long time might not even come up with.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat May 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Kenzu wrote:But on the other hand suggestions by players who are new and have ideas shouldn't necessarily be silent. Although its true that suggestions might be better suited after a player played longer, someone who is very new, might bring revolutionary ideas that players who played the game for a long time might not even come up with.

@Kenzu, 1) players need to learn this game before they can make any valid suggestions IMO. how can anyone make suggestions to change the game if they do not know how to play to begin with. I believe my post was misunderstood, so I will try to explain a bit. Everyone has a thought or idea that they think will make the game better. When I started playing AW, I had a ton of ideas but before I ever made my first suggestion I took the time to learn this game. I had been playing AW for no less than 2 months & had gone thru & read every thread ever posted, before ever making my first suggestion in the AW forums. having read thru the old post I learned why most of my suggestions would not work & didn't bother posting them.

2) again, I am not being critical of IamDoom suggestions, as I welcome any suggestion by any player who has taken the time to learn to play this game, & has the understanding of why things are done the way they are. I am being critical of the player who doesn't take the time to read the "rules", the "faq" section, &/or the "AW forums" before jumping in here making all kinds of suggestions that would alter everything that has been achieved in this game so far.

3) my suggestion to players new to the game with Ideas bursting out of their heads would be this... Stop!, take a breath, then go & look to see if the idea has already been discussed, (as most, if not all of IamDoom's suggestions have already been discussed) if it has, then drop it. if it hasn't been covered anywhere then & only then should the suggestion be brought forth. I do not know about anyone else, but I get real tired of talking about the same stuff over & over & over, every time a new player has the same idea another new player had before him. jmo.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sat May 12, 2012 4:24 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:

please do not take this the wrong way, but personally I think you & all the other "new" players should try actually "playing" this game the way it is now, before coming in here & trying to change anything. give it 6 months, then bring up your suggestions. this game is designed the way it is for a reason.

as I said I do not want you to take this the wrong way, cause I do not mean to sound like an ass, but you are just the latest in a long string of new players to come in here & start proposing changes to the game before you really took the time to play the game.

& another thing, if you took time to go thru the forums you will find older threads pertaining to all your recent suggestions & why things are the way they are.

besides that ":@;" just annoys me, you are no better than any other player, why do you feel the need to "mark" your threads? do you see anyone else "marking" their threads?

whats crawled up your ass? i told you not to go to that gay bar but would you listen Rolling Eyes Laughing

Seriously though I do kinda agree that the race change is too high. Mentals is 7 Trillion....Idk about you but just to change race, it seems kinda expensive. I don't have any suggestions yet though so I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now

on a side note kong, a lot of players just accept things for the way they are. thats not a very good way to go about things now is it :p. suggestions are here for the betterment of the game. putting down players for suggesting anything makes you a noob imo. dont like it, then tough

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat May 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:

whats crawled up your ass? i told you not to go to that gay bar but would you listen Rolling Eyes Laughing

Seriously though I do kinda agree that the race change is too high. Mentals is 7 Trillion....Idk about you but just to change race, it seems kinda expensive. I don't have any suggestions yet though so I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now

on a side note kong, a lot of players just accept things for the way they are. thats not a very good way to go about things now is it :p. suggestions are here for the betterment of the game. putting down players for suggesting anything makes you a noob imo. dont like it, then tough

Interesting... me suggesting that someone "LEARN TO PLAY THIS GAME BEFORE MAKING SUGGESTIONS TO CHANGE IT." makes me a noob. hmmm, I guess I am a noob then...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sun May 13, 2012 2:20 am

Spoiler:

question...what does knowing how to play the game have to do with making a suggestion about something? what if he really had a good suggestion that he did not post because of your rudeness. dont deter suggestions, encourage them. he simply stated he thinks that something is too expensive and has made a suggestion to change it. if you dont have anything productive to say then why are you posting here? putting down new players is lame. have you ever thought that he could be a fast learner? anyways, if you can't understand what I am trying to say then you really are a noob. Iamdoom, please don't let this noob scare you from posting.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun May 13, 2012 4:46 am

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:
question...what does knowing how to play the game have to do with making a suggestion about something?

just so that you cannot pull a kenny & say that I did not answer your question...

because, If someone doesn't know how the game is played, or why certain things are done the way they are, & doesn't take the time to read the "rules", or the "faq" section, or even take time to go thru these "forums". then exactly how valid can the proposed "suggestion" be? that is the answer to your question imo.

now I thought that we already decided that I was a noob, so let it go, or do whatever you want, cause I really care not.

besides, with the crap you have pulled in this game, you got balls spanking me. (how does it feel spanking the monkey.) how many players have you chased away either from these forums, or the game itself. rhetorical question, I do not need an answer. I am done with this convo.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Sun May 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Kingofshinobis wrote:Seriously though I do kinda agree that the race change is too high. Mentals is 7 Trillion....Idk about you but just to change race, it seems kinda expensive. I don't have any suggestions yet though so I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now.
For someone who said they would keep their mouth shut, you're sure doing a horrible job of doing so.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content