Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vacationed memebers

+5
Nomad
Gamniac
kingkongfan1
Keinutnai
seaborgium
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

vacationed memebers - Page 2 Empty Re: vacationed memebers

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 pm

I want to apologize to keinutnai, for after reviewing my post this morning, I sounded a bit grumpy to me... so I am sorry keinutnai if I offended you or hurt your feeling with my post. That was not the intent. (it was late, I was tired & my air condition is broken so it was ~36 degrees C in the house.)...

Moving on, there seems to be an issue as to understanding the difference between a question being asked & a statement, so I propose that for further talks that we follow the following ground rules to help prevent confusion.

1) end questions with a [?]
2) when answering someones question start with "The answer to your question is"
3) when someone has made a statement that you wish to respond to, mark that statement with a(*). if there is more than one statement it will look like this > first statement(*), second statement(**), third statement(***), etc. when responding to a statement, be sure to mark your response with the corresponding(*) so that statements & responses can be matched up easily.

If there is anything else that you would like to try to attempt to make communication easier between us please let me know as it is quite obvious that tho we may both "know" the English language, we "use" it quite differently...

As far as this goes...

Keinutnai wrote:@kingkongfan
WR is not a dictatorship. Except the leader, there is a 2nd in command, we also have a high command. Decisions are made by everyone and we often ask people for their opinions. We also asked if people want that we boot our vacated members. The vast majority of members voted against booting them, even if it meant that the war will continue. We also give a lot of opportunities for regular members to gain leadership positions. Unfortunately our high command has RL constraints and there are not enough people who have the ambition and time to be in the high command. And that's why I end up doing most of the work here in World Republic.

But you calling World Republic a dictatorship is an insult not only to me, but to all of World Republic. We have been a democracy since day 1!(*)

(*) here is my response to the above statement... consider this keinutnai; nearly 1/2 of T.M.I is ex WR. on top of that I have spoken with several players both current & past members. guess what, they all say the same thing, that it is NOT a democracy. Now before you go blowing your top; stop & consider this for a moment, who would you believe if you knew nothing of the situation, the one player/leader of an alliance that shouts "We are a democracy!", or the multitude of players who are both present & past members of that same alliance that say "no it is NOT a democracy". would you believe the one or the many? that is the question. Now as with many other things YOUR definition of democracy could be different than WEBSTERS definition. but in any case; my main point is this, I am ex world republic. When I was in WR, it was about a year old, WR was NOT a democracy when I was a member. & when I left; & you asked me why I left, & I said it was because of your tyrannical manner of ruling WR. you stabbed syndicate in the back, making a post stating that syndicate was the reason I left when In fact it was your piss poor leadership that drove me from WR. So if I insulted you, I am sorry that the truth hurts you so much. Look at it this way, we all have to face the truth sometime no matter how much it hurts.

Now on to the matter at hand...

as you can see all but 2 of our vacated have been removed, (those 2 have extenuating circumstances & will not be booted at this time)

So, do you want to end this war or not?

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sun May 06, 2012 4:18 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:I want to apologize to keinutnai, for after reviewing my post this morning, I sounded a bit grumpy to me... so I am sorry keinutnai if I offended you or hurt your feeling with my post. That was not the intent. (it was late, I was tired & my air condition is broken so it was ~36 degrees C in the house.)...

Accepted.
The post was very rude, but I appreciate the apology.

Moving on, there seems to be an issue as to understanding the difference between a question being asked & a statement, so I propose that for further talks that we follow the following ground rules to help prevent confusion.

1) end questions with a [?]
2) when answering someones question start with "The answer to your question is"
You really think this is necessary? If there is a question mark, then this is obviously a question. The only exception is a rhetorical question, which I believe is almost never posted here.

3) when someone has made a statement that you wish to respond to, mark that statement with a(*). if there is more than one statement it will look like this > first statement(*), second statement(**), third statement(***), etc. when responding to a statement, be sure to mark your response with the corresponding(*) so that statements & responses can be matched up easily.

I usually quote the part that is relevant to the question asked. I rather not set up too many rules on how to ask questions. It really shouldn't be that hard what a person asks. If there is your text, and then my response then your text and again my response, then obviously each of my responses is an answer to your text above.

If there is anything else that you would like to try to attempt to make communication easier between us please let me know as it is quite obvious that tho we may both "know" the English language, we "use" it quite differently...

As far as this goes...

Keinutnai wrote:@kingkongfan
WR is not a dictatorship. Except the leader, there is a 2nd in command, we also have a high command. Decisions are made by everyone and we often ask people for their opinions. We also asked if people want that we boot our vacated members. The vast majority of members voted against booting them, even if it meant that the war will continue. We also give a lot of opportunities for regular members to gain leadership positions. Unfortunately our high command has RL constraints and there are not enough people who have the ambition and time to be in the high command. And that's why I end up doing most of the work here in World Republic.

But you calling World Republic a dictatorship is an insult not only to me, but to all of World Republic. We have been a democracy since day 1!(*)

(*) here is my response to the above statement... consider this keinutnai; nearly 1/2 of T.M.I is ex WR. on top of that I have spoken with several players both current & past members. guess what, they all say the same thing, that it is NOT a democracy. Now before you go blowing your top; stop & consider this for a moment, who would you believe if you knew nothing of the situation, the one player/leader of an alliance that shouts "We are a democracy!", or the multitude of players who are both present & past members of that same alliance that say "no it is NOT a democracy". would you believe the one or the many? that is the question. Now as with many other things YOUR definition of democracy could be different than WEBSTERS definition. but in any case; my main point is this, I am ex world republic. When I was in WR, it was about a year old, WR was NOT a democracy when I was a member. & when I left; & you asked me why I left, & I said it was because of your tyrannical manner of ruling WR. you stabbed syndicate in the back, making a post stating that syndicate was the reason I left when In fact it was your piss poor leadership that drove me from WR. So if I insulted you, I am sorry that the truth hurts you so much. Look at it this way, we all have to face the truth sometime no matter how much it hurts.

(*) here is my response to the above statement: You claim that half of TMI was in WR, but this is completely wrong. Out of the 26 players, only 4 have ever been in WR. You, nimras, Jookaremo and Truestrike. Can you please name the players who were in WR? Because 4/26 is not a half, not even close to a half. So who do you think was in WR?

Then obviously a neutral observer wants to make an objective opinion about something, and its clear that if he asks anyone in any of the opposing alliances, he will get a biased opinion. Just like my opinion might be shifted towards WR, the opinions of TMI members will be shifted towards TMI. The opinions of players who left WR are inherently biased as well. And are likely to be negative, otherwise they wouldn't have left in the first place. Also, I am 99% sure that you DID NOT ask all other 3 TMI if WR was democratic. Someone who wants to have an unbiased view in this case would have to ask as many people as possible, even if they are biased, and then based on all facts make an opinion. Why don't you ask WR members if WR is democratic? We have many members and they obviously know better if WR is democratic, than people outside who have no idea how WR has been run for the last 2 years. Besides, if you ask Truestrike and Jookaremo, they will probably tell you themselves that I always gave people the opportunity to join the high command, and let our members vote on all important decisions. But for that you need to ask them first. So I have a question. Who did you ask if WR was democratic before making your last post?

And now I'd like to talk about you and your former membership. You have been in WR for a rather short time, were not very talkative and didn't show much interest for WR to be honest. How long did you stay with us? Maybe only a month or two. I am sure that during the time you were with us, there were no important decisions to make and there was no war either, so you did not have the opportunity to see if our alliance is democratic or not. You only saw me as your leader and that's it. You also did not make any suggestions to improve our alliance, and you also didn't talk to me about things you dislike in the alliance. You didn't attempt to improve anything, and what you have done is to leave without a word. Once I asked you why you left, and I still remember the reasons you mentioned to me. You DID NOT say that I was not democratic and you didn't mention dictatorship at all. Instead you have mentioned 2 things. One thing was that you disliked our forums they seemed too political to you, because only a section of it was for WR on Aderan Wars, and you didn't like the theme either (and it was because of you, why we have then decided to change to a new forum, which has a better appearance and is solely used for WR on AW. We use this forum until now.) The other reason was that you considered World Republic not to be personal enough. That there was not enough member interaction. Funny thing was that you told me there was no interaction, but haven't attempted to communicate much with me either, even though I always attempt to get to know new members better. And I find it funny that I remember what you told me after you left WR but you yourself don't. And I don't get why now you are telling me a completely different reason. Has your membership in TMI and the things they say to make their members hate us change your memory, or was it that this was the true reason you left at that time, but told me something completely different? I believe the former is true. So can you please explain this?

I marked all questions I want an answer to in bold

Now on to the matter at hand...

as you can see all but 2 of our vacated have been removed, (those 2 have extenuating circumstances & will not be booted at this time)

So, do you want to end this war or not?

Of course I want to end this war, and since you booted 4/6 vacated members, I will try to convince our members to boot our vacated. You know, you didn't have to boot the vacated members if you didn't want to. I merely asked for the reason why you keep them for a certain period of time. If you said that you will kick the vacated members as well, then it obviously is more likely to convince our members to do the same, but it's still not a guarantee. I do welcome your decision to boot them though, and it will help us to reach a common solution.

Maybe I can convince them that we can drop at least the members who I don't have a contact to and at the same time have less than 10 million population. Those who promised to come back soon are already in the mentioned group. That would be about 10-12 members we could kick. But I can't make any promises at the moment. It can be done only if the majority of members vote in support for it.

But don't you think it's a better solution to push admin to make the update, listing vacated at the end of a list and not counting them in the alliance member size? Eventually there will be new vacated accounts, and this problem can be permanently solved only if the code is changed!

Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Sun May 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Haven't you forgot that I was in WR Kenny? I guess maybe you didn't notice. *Balls Mad *
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Sun May 06, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the spoiler...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sun May 06, 2012 9:09 pm

You again didnt answer my question.
So, according to you, who is now in TMI and was before in WR?
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun May 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Keinutnai wrote:You again didnt answer my question.
So, according to you, who is now in TMI and was before in WR?

I will not accuse you of not reading my post, as I believe you did. however I went back & changed the color of the part of my last post concerning this question to purple so I could be re-read by you...

never mind, I will post it here...

please do not ask as I will not reveal their id's, so that you cannot harass them.

this is the best answer you will get from me, as I will not post names. I will say this much, some have left AW altogether, so technically they really are not presently T.M.I. members.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon May 07, 2012 12:41 am

Kenzu i would agree that an update would work, if admin got something done and wasnt running 3 games and had rl work.
So while part ofme wants to say a bit more i from a programers point of view understand it takes a bit.

The vac members thing is the starting point to end the war. Noone ever said it would.
It is t show us that you kenzu are serious about ending the war.

On the wr mmeber thing, i can say kong was there for a war with tie.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Wait, 3 games?
Only one I know of is AW.
Unless you count Test, Main and Red Apocalypse as three separate games, in that case, my bad.

Slightly off-topic, sorry about that.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Mon May 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Gamniac wrote:Wait, 3 games?
Only one I know of is AW.
Unless you count Test, Main and Red Apocalypse as three separate games,in that case, my bad.

Slightly off-topic, sorry about that.
Yes, they are counted as 3 seperate games. Well at least as seperate servers.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon May 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Well main and test could 1 since test is a copy of main but with updates.

So 2 different games main and ra

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Sat May 12, 2012 7:06 pm

@keinutnai,
The Marauders Imperium has booted 4 vacated/inactive members bringing our member count down from 30 to 26, and I see that World Republic is still showing 60 members. Have you even attempted to try to convince your active members to boot your vacated/inactive members? If so, what was decided upon? if you haven't decided yet,will you announce the decision when it is reached on AW forums?

Please answer what is underlined!
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm

seaborgium wrote:Kenzu i would agree that an update would work, if admin got something done and wasnt running 3 games and had rl work.
So while part ofme wants to say a bit more i from a programers point of view understand it takes a bit.

The vac members thing is the starting point to end the war. Noone ever said it would.
It is t show us that you kenzu are serious about ending the war.

On the wr mmeber thing, i can say kong was there for a war with tie.

I see only 2. Main and Red Apocalypse. Everything he does on reset is work done towards Main.

Not sure what you mean by "It is t show us that you kenzu are serious about ending the war."
If I sign peace, I keep peace. Does it mean you are afraid that we will sign peace and then start a war against you? It would be a stupid idea to go against an alliance much stronger than us, don't you think?

Look, currently it looks like you don't want peace. There can be peace only if both sides are open to it. We are open to peace, because we are ok signing the peace at any moment. You are not open to peace. So the question isn't if I am serious about peace, it's more a question if you are serious about peace.

Also it would be wrong to assume that you can force your will on us. If you want us to do something, you can discuss the matters with us, or try to convince us. Conversation is a good way to get things done.

Paladius wrote:@keinutnai,
The Marauders Imperium has booted 4 vacated/inactive members bringing our member count down from 30 to 26, and I see that World Republic is still showing 60 members. Have you even attempted to try to convince your active members to boot your vacated/inactive members? If so, what was decided upon? if you haven't decided yet,will you announce the decision when it is reached on AW forums?

Please answer what is underlined!

Of course I have. And I did so before reading your post. You might have noticed I reply slower, it's because of RL, but don't worry. I read everything eventually.

After the vote where WR members rejected the decision to kick all vacated members and after talks with kingkongfan and him releasing 4/6 vacationed members from TMI alliance, we got a vote going on if we should kick at least vacated members who are very unlikely to ever come back (Group of 10-12 members). I wonder what the final results will be. I will come back with the results in about 2 days.

If the most members will be against, then we will not kick a single vacationed member. If the majority will be in favor, then 10-12 vacationed members will leave our ranks.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Tue May 15, 2012 6:21 am

Hey, is it just me, or did admin carry over part of the update?
Alliance ranking says WR member count is now 41 (actual count is still 59).
Not that I've been paying any close attention to this or anything...

Vacated members are still at the top of the list, though.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 am

Well when I look it still shows a member count of 59 so I would have to say that Admin has done nothing.

I can add that there have been a couple of times that I have also thought that the count appeared to be lower than the actual membership. When I have checked again it has always been correct so maybe there's a display bug.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 am

Kind of a twitchy bug, then. Just checked, it's back to the old 59.
Bit odd, that. Usually, bugs are more consistent, as in, not switching on and off how- and whenever it bloody well feels like.
Not that I know anything about programming, mind you, so I could be wrong.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by miraniur Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 am

I don't know much about it
but I'm in support of solving this issue.

miraniur
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:00 am

Welcome to forums,,,, we are all in support of getting it fixed BTW.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:18 pm

miraniur wrote:I don't know much about it
but I'm in support of solving this issue.

User permanently banned for spamming and ad on a different thread.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2