Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aderan Air Strike

+2
Alex
Kenzu
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Aderan Air Strike Empty Aderan Air Strike

Post by Kenzu Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:30 pm

I am working on a game, where you control a plane and have to fulfill various objectives in your campaign missions, such as destroying a convoy, bombing enemy factories, or supporting your troops against enemy forces.
You can use a wide number of weapons, including 4 different machine guns, 4 different rockets, 4 different bombs, and 2 special weapons (Daisy Cutter or tactical nuke).
You will engage a big variety of enemies all based on real world units including Air defense: WW2 era AA-guns, WW2 era FLAK, Cold War air defense units such as Shilka, Tunguska, Osa and Buk firing their cannons and missiles at you.

You will be fighting for Miraya against Daning in the game.

I should be able to release a beta version within the next couple weeks, which you can all play and provide feedback.

Here a couple screenshots:

Engaging hostile ZSU-23-4 "Shilka" (Your autocannon fires at the speed of 3,600 rounds per minute)
Aderan Air Strike SkyplanesScreenshot1

Firing rockets
Aderan Air Strike SkyplanesScreenshot2

Evading hostile AA fire.
Aderan Air Strike SkyplanesScreenshot3

There are 2 crosshairs, showing the location of nearest target, and also my crosshair showing where I aim.
Aiming your crosshair (round) at the target will change the crosshair color from green to red.
Target (square shaped) changes color according to the distance of the target.

Red: Enemy out of range
Orange: In missile range
Yellow: Capable of hitting targets with your machine gun at low accuracy.
Green: In range for your machine gun

I welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback.

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun May 06, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updates)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Aderan Air Strike Empty Re: Aderan Air Strike

Post by Alex Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 am

Looks interesting, I will definately give the beta a go, hopefully airstrike some bugs out of hiding for you Wink

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:12 pm

I just know somebody will blow up that Miraya base, just for kicks. (Who's gonna race me? Twisted Evil )

Looks interesting so far. Of course, I can't say much more graphic-wise until I see it in action.

Somehow I doubt that fighter jet can fly with a whopping Daisy Cutter strapped under its wing without falling over/getting stuck on the runway, (I saw those things fall in Mercenaries 2) so does this mean there will be several kinds of aircraft available?

I'd also like to know what system(s) this game will be running on.

That's all for now.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I would actually be interested in playing this :p. looks like old school and i like it Wink. PM me when you get the beta going kenzu. I will test for bugs and stuff

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 am

Here the updates I did since yesterday:
-Bomb Targeting at visual range: Pressing E button will activate short distance bombing, showing the trajectory of a bomb, if you released it at the current speed (red), and also show you the trajectories of bombs at minimum and maximum speeds (green). As you change your speed, the trajectory will adjust immediately. Works well at bombing targets in visual range. Simply release a bomb when a target crosses the trajectory.
-Bomb Targeting beyond visual range: A complex formula now computes the angle at which a bomb will hit the ground considering your attitude, jet speed, gravity, air resistance and terminal velocity of the bomb. (I am very proud of this part of the code). The direction is shown by a green line. Another marker, a red line has been added to indicate the direction of the closest hostile unit. As soon as the red line touches the green one, release a bomb and it will hit with a high accuracy. Drop a cluster bomb, or a short carpet of minibombs and the elimination of the target is guaranteed (Unless there are some Shilka's down there, which will take out the majority of the bombs). Bomb targeting works excellent at any attitude and at any speed.

-Shilkas now calculate the trajectory of all bombs and rockets you fire, and engages them.
-Your Crosshair is now red when not aimed, and green when you aim at a target.
-If you aim your crosshair at the target, a "lock-on" signal makes you aware that you are ready to fire. The weapons you use, will adjust up to 7 degrees towards the target to ensure weapon efficiency even at long range.
-Speed of carpet bomb deployment has been increased.
-Number of bombs within a cluster bomb has been increased from 10 to 15 and the area of effect has been decreased to increase chances of hitting all targets within the smaller area.
-Maximum speed of rockets increased.
-Added more objects
-Added more sounds

Here more screenshots:

Dropping cluster bombs on a city with AA.
Aderan Air Strike SkypplanesScreenshot4

Jet dropping cluster bombs, while Shilka's attempt to stop it.
Aderan Air Strike SkypplanesScreenshot5

Firing rockets
Aderan Air Strike SkypplanesScreenshot6

The smoke and explosions you see around the jet are from exploding bombs, which Shilka's targeted to defend factories and themselves.
Aderan Air Strike SkypplanesScreenshot7
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm

The recent update includes calculating your score. The more hostile units you destroy, the more score you get. Using your ammunition costs you score.

A beta version, which you can download and play should be provided either tomorrow, or next weekend.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat May 05, 2012 7:08 am

Hey Kenzu, any more word on this? Looking forward to the beta Smile

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun May 06, 2012 9:04 pm

It looks like it's going to take another 2-3 weeks to prepare campaign missions for the beta.

Since I want to give an opportunity to people to test it much earlier, I have prepared a beta version, with a single mission, which has a lot of units you can destroy. It features 3 cities, 2 industrial districts with factories, plenty of air defense and 2 convoys (a truck convoy and a tank convoy).

I also prepared the layout for a page on www.aderanwars.com, where you will be able to download the game, write comments and rate it. As soon as this page is completed and uploaded, everyone will be able to download and play the game.

The 1 mission beta itself has been completed today!
You will be able to use machine guns, missiles, minirockets, bombs, carpet bombs and cluster bombs.

I hope the page where you can download, comment and rate the game will be completed and released this week.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Mon May 07, 2012 12:42 am

Can't wait for the beta Smile

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon May 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Wonder if there'll be a endless mode or horde mode or something.
Y'know, just flying around, blasting stuff to pieces against increasingly difficult odds, fighting for a high-score or just plain survival.
Doubt this is the game for it, but always good brainless fun for a lost half hour.

Not a requirement being stated here, just a funny thought.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 pm

When the game gets released, I hope to get a lot of suggestions for improvement. Tell me anything you want to have added to the game, no matter how crazy.

Remember, when making a game, everything is possible!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Kenzu wrote: 06/05/2012
I hope the page where you can download, comment and rate the game will be completed and released this week.

Hope in vain, apparently.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Everything is completed, including the aw page where you can download it from and comment.

The game will be released on saturday!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Nice. Race the rest of you blokes to the first plane crash. Smile
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:00 am

I think I found the first bug:
The game doesn't start up, at least not as a program.
It does trigger as a process, though, and it's constantly using processing power (about 50 right now) and claiming 4.328 kB in memory, but that's it.

I'm using a laptop, running on Windows 7.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:20 am

The game is up, everyone can download and play it!

http://www.aderanwars.com/games/

Gamniac wrote:I think I found the first bug:
The game doesn't start up, at least not as a program.
It does trigger as a process, though, and it's constantly using processing power (about 50 right now) and claiming 4.328 kB in memory, but that's it.

I'm using a laptop, running on Windows 7.

I have a laptop with Windows 7. I will test it immediately on the laptop.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:25 am

It appears the game was incompatible with Windows 7. I couldn't start it on my windows 7 laptop either. But I solved the problem!

I will upload version 0.61 soon, which is compatible for windows 7 and XP.

Check again later today.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:20 pm

The new version has been uploaded a couple hours ago. Try again. It works on my windows 7, does it work on yours?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:51 pm

It works on 7 now.

Next problem:
For some reason, the jet starts to get a bit buggy after a while (5 minutes or or a dozen jets).
The throttle starts bugging out, causing the craft to barely build up enough speed to roll of the runway (after which the plane bellyflops into the ground).
Not sure if this is a result of time played or the number of respawns.

Other than that, it's a challenging game to be sure. I'm currently trying to find an effective strategy to eliminate those Bullet Hell Guns (Shilka's, I think they're called. They sure shoot out a lot of lead in one go).
Just a status update, mind. I wanna try and figure this puzzle out on my own. 's Part of the fun.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Gamniac wrote:It works on 7 now.

Next problem:
For some reason, the jet starts to get a bit buggy after a while (5 minutes or or a dozen jets).
The throttle starts bugging out, causing the craft to barely build up enough speed to roll of the runway (after which the plane bellyflops into the ground).

Other than that, it's a challenging game to be sure. I'm currently trying to find an effective strategy to eliminate those Bullet Hell Guns (Shilka's, I think they're called. They sure shoot out a lot of lead in one go).
Just a status update, mind. I wanna try and figure this puzzle out on my own. 's Part of the fun.

It should still fly up properly. Are you sure you hold the increase speed button for the whole time before taking off? You should be able to fly up already after speeding up for about half the airstrip. The advice I can give you is to speed up for 2/3 of the airstrip and then fly up.

Btw, the shilka has a rate of fire of 3600 rounds per minute, same like the real one!

What score did you have after killing all hostile units?

What is your favorite weapon?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:16 am

I can't get this game to load on Firefox.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:37 am

Kenzu wrote:
Gamniac wrote:It works on 7 now.

Next problem:

It should still fly up properly. Are you sure you hold the increase speed button for the whole time before taking off? You should be able to fly up already after speeding up for about half the airstrip. The advice I can give you is to speed up for 2/3 of the airstrip and then fly up.

Btw, the shilka has a rate of fire of 3600 rounds per minute, same like the real one!

What score did you have after killing all hostile units?

What is your favorite weapon?

Right, doing this in order:

I am keeping the acceleration key down the whole time.
The jet gets its tailflame for short moment, then gives out. It doesn't happen right away, but after the first dozen respawns or so. (Gonna have to try0 and to figure out if this bug is time, score, or respawn based, or if it's just me)

3600 rounds per minute, that's 60 rounds per second. good thing it shoots in bursts, or I wouldn't even get close.

I never did manage to kill all hostiles. Got past the third set (second city) and the tank convoy, though. So I can't give my score, though it was running into 5 digits, I think.

Carpet bomb. I'm not too accurate (yet), so I just blast away, bound to hit something.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:05 pm

I found the bug, it happens to me too in version 0.61 after many respawns. It never happened in 0.60. Not sure if I can fix it. If I cannot fix it, then I will have to revert back to sole XP compatibility.

In the meantime all you can do is press accelerate button and keep it pressed without pressing any other buttons and after 2/3 of the runway press up. I manage to fly up. But in any case, the way it works in 0.61 is not playable at all after the dozen respawns.

I do hope I can fix it.

Paladius wrote:I can't get this game to load on Firefox.
You cannot load it on firefox. You only download it in firefox. Then look for it in the windows explorer and double click on it same way you would start a game. I downloaded it without problems with firefox. And actually even started it from the download menu, only had to confirm that I really want to open it, because it's an exe file.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:46 pm

It took me hours, but I managed to fix the bug. The bugfix comes with version 0.62 and will become available as soon as admin uploads it.

0.61 becomes unplayable after about a dozen respawns due to a bug that causes button response delays.

I destroyed everything, lost at least 30 lives, did it two times for a total of about half an hour. But please let me know if you think the bug is still there.
(It might take some time for 0.62 to be uploaded, so make sure you really test the new game).
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Right, thanks ahead.
I'll be waiting for 0.62.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next