Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranking Question

3 posters

Go down

Ranking Question Empty Ranking Question

Post by Alex Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:10 am

Ranks are based on all your ranks added up, the lowest total being rank 1, the second lowest rank 2 etc.

What happens if two people have the same total? How is the ranking decided?

(I.e the sum of all my ranks is 30 and the sum of all XXX players ranks is also 30, who gets the better rank?)

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Ranking Question Empty Re: Ranking Question

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:44 am

It would be almost impossible. With PBP and race bonuses, the chance for exactly the same ranking on every single stat is close to impossible.

That said, first to reach it gets the higher rank? Just a guess.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:48 am

But overall ranking is nothing to do with individual stats themselves, but the RANKS of the individual stats:

Pretend we are on main to keep it simpler:
4 ranked stats:
Strike (S)
Defense (D)
Covert (C)
Assassin (A)

My ranks:
S - #1
D -#2
C - #3
A - #6

The opposition:
S - #2
D -#1
C - #9
A - #1

Mine add up to 12 the opposition adds up to 13 so I am ranked better then him overall. But what if he improves covert by 1 rank:

The opposition:
S - #2
D -#1
C - #8
A - #1

Now both ranks add up to 12 so who is better ranked overall?

Now you could say this is unlikely to happen but a similar thing is happeneing on RA server between the top 2 players so I am just wondering.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:42 am

Nomad wrote:It would be almost impossible. With PBP and race bonuses, the chance for exactly the same ranking on every single stat is close to impossible.

That said, first to reach it gets the higher rank? Just a guess.

All ranks are added up and the person with the lowest cumulative rank will be rank 1.
Since it's 13 stats that are being added up (de facto 11, because there are no air stats yet), the chances that there will be two people with same cumulative rank are fairly small.
However, If there really are multiple people with same cumulative rank, then the person with the highest ID will get the better rank. (Newer players have an advantage over older players). You could theoretically change your ID number to the highest number when restarting a round, but it's unlikely to cause a significant difference since the chances of same rank are so low and everyone tries to be as good as possible and not simply stick with same cumulative rank with competitors.

Alex wrote:But overall ranking is nothing to do with individual stats themselves, but the RANKS of the individual stats:

Pretend we are on main to keep it simpler:
4 ranked stats:
Strike (S)
Defense (D)
Covert (C)
Assassin (A)

My ranks:
S - #1
D -#2
C - #3
A - #6

The opposition:
S - #2
D -#1
C - #9
A - #1

Mine add up to 12 the opposition adds up to 13 so I am ranked better then him overall. But what if he improves covert by 1 rank:

The opposition:
S - #2
D -#1
C - #8
A - #1

Now both ranks add up to 12 so who is better ranked overall?

Now you could say this is unlikely to happen but a similar thing is happeneing on RA server between the top 2 players so I am just wondering.

-Alex
If you have a similar cumulative rank as someone else, try to beat him. Spy on him, see where your stats are similar so that you can have a better rank while not having to invest too much. You also have the possibility to go to war if you feel that the player you are in a tight race with might win. In war not the one who has best stats, but the one who has well balanced stats and can use them well, will prevail.

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:48 am

Ah ok fair enough.

And as unlikely as it is, me and the rank 2 player are only 1 or 2 off being perfectly equal at the moment and we keep switching ranks, so I was just curious what would tip it over, and thankfully my id is very low at 123 Very Happy (His is 10257)

And yes Kenzu obviously I am going to improve my stats to beat his, it was just a question that came to mind. And we are in the same alliance (The only two members lol) so war not really a good option Razz

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:52 am

Alex wrote:Ah ok fair enough.

And as unlikely as it is, me and the rank 2 player are only 1 or 2 off being perfectly equal at the moment and we keep switching ranks, so I was just curious what would tip it over, and thankfully my id is very low at 123 Very Happy (His is 10257)

And yes Kenzu obviously I am going to improve my stats to beat his, it was just a question that came to mind. And we are in the same alliance (The only two members lol) so war not really a good option Razz

-Alex
You misunderstand. If your ID is 123 and his is 10257, then if you both have same cumulative rank, then he will have a better rank than you. If your economy is stronger than his, then you should be able to keep multiple stats better than him securing yourself victory.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:54 am

Oh I misread, oh well Sad

And we have almost the same economy and stats, we constantly swap rankings between 1 and 2 in all stats.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:59 am

Alex wrote:Oh I misread, oh well Sad

And we have almost the same economy and stats, we constantly swap rankings between 1 and 2 in all stats.

-Alex

Fortunately both of you are in the same alliance, so that's not bad.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 am

It is if we both want rank 1! At the moment my only competition for rank 1 is my alliance mate, noone else is really doing much.
I hope they are just building their initial accounts because at the moment its pretty boring.

Might have to start some wars...

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down