Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Ranking

3 posters

Go down

Alliance Ranking Empty Alliance Ranking

Post by Alex Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:38 am

What stats affect alliance rank in RA? Because my alliance has rank 1 armysize and Member War Exp and rank 2 Total Power but we are ranked #3

Those are the only stats in the alliance page that have a rank except alliance war exp which is rank 0.

Overall Rank: 3
Total Power [Rank]: XXX [2]
Member War Exp [Rank]: XXX [1]
Alliance War Exp [Rank]: XXX [0]
Alliance Army size [Rank]: XXX [1]

What else affect the overal alliance rank, b/c looking at this I don't see how we can be rank 3?

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Alliance Ranking Empty Re: Alliance Ranking

Post by Nomad Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I know glory is involved,,, and I can confirm of the 4 stats you posted, you do have a higher ranked alliance beaten
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 pm

OK so we now have rank 1 stats in everything except glory, but we will catch up with glory, because we are rank 1 and 2 players in the individual ranks. (If glory works how I think it does, just taking the individual players glory each turn, and adding it to alliance glory.)

The only stat that seems to affect Alliance rank is glory its self (The only one we are behind in, purely b/c we formed last) If thats the only thing taken into account with alliance rank it is quite a horrible system.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Alliance rank depends solely on Glory points, which in turn are generated by the highest ranking member of your alliance. Keep a member of your alliance above any other member of other alliance and your alliance will be gaining the most glory points. As soon as your alliance has more glory points than any other alliance, your alliance will be rank 1.

Alliances are not ranked by which alliance is the strongest, but by which alliance has a lead over other alliances. Afterall it is not the strongest alliance that wins the round, but the alliance with the most glory points.

Player ranks are calculated by all stats,which have a blue # with a rank number next to it:
Income
Unit Production
Total Population
Strike Action
Defensive Action
Covert Action
Assassin Action
Airforce Action
Air Defense Action
Total Power
War Experience
Units Killed
Weapons Destroyed
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:33 am

Kenzu wrote:Alliance rank depends solely on Glory points, which in turn are generated by the highest ranking member of your alliance. Keep a member of your alliance above any other member of other alliance and your alliance will be gaining the most glory points. As soon as your alliance has more glory points than any other alliance, your alliance will be rank 1.

Alliances are not ranked by which alliance is the strongest, but by which alliance has a lead over other alliances. Afterall it is not the strongest alliance that wins the round, but the alliance with the most glory points.

That quite a stupid system for alliance ranking, basically it just counts one player so whats the point of the alliance. The alliance ranks should be calculated by the stats of the alliance (Add economic stats if you like, doesn't just have to be military) then the #1 rank alliance should get X glory, rank #2 X and so on. At the end of the round the alliance thats been at the top the longest (And has the most glory) should be the winner. The current system doesn't make sense in terms of an alliance.

Kenzu wrote:Player ranks are calculated by all stats,which have a blue # with a rank number next to it:
Income
Unit Production

Total Population
Strike Action
Defensive Action
Covert Action
Assassin Action
Airforce Action
Air Defense Action
Total Power
War Experience
Units Killed
Weapons Destroyed

Can you please help me with the two in red:

a) Which income is it? i)The income you see on your Base page (Therefore affected dramatically by Work Conditions) or ii) your income as displayed on the base page on normal conditions?
b)Is it raw UP or total?

(I think the answwers to my questions are ii) and raw UP but I just want to hear from the admin, thanks Smile )

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Do not Fear Alex, many hated the glory system(along with alliance ranking), but its here to stay.

Learn to exploit it. Kenzu has added many into the game if you know where to find them. Free weapon kills, Free trained unit kills, Basiclly unlimited atrificially produced AT, and all the "other" things has has added that should not exist, but are there for those who want to use them to gain ranks.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:59 am

Nomad wrote:Do not Fear Alex, many hated the glory system(along with alliance ranking), but its here to stay.

Learn to exploit it. Kenzu has added many into the game if you know where to find them. Free weapon kills, Free trained unit kills, Basiclly unlimited atrificially produced AT, and all the "other" things has has added that should not exist, but are there for those who want to use them to gain ranks.

Who are the "many" except you? The system was made based on a player being angry that only ranks at the end of round counted. He was upset that a player who kept a good rank for most of the game and lost it in the last minute had nothing out of it. I am sure many like the glory system far more than the system that cares about your rank only at the end of the round.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:05 am

I like the glory system and I think the same system should be introduced for alliances.

At the moment glory makes the alliances rank not the rank making the glory. The alliance should be given glory based on its alliance rank, not on a single players rank.
Under the current system an alliance with a single player who is rank one could be a better ranked alliance then an alliance with 20 players and alliance stats/war exp/populationetc 10 times better then that one player. Doesn't make sense.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:58 am

Alex wrote:I like the glory system and I think the same system should be introduced for alliances.

At the moment glory makes the alliances rank not the rank making the glory. The alliance should be given glory based on its alliance rank, not on a single players rank.
Under the current system an alliance with a single player who is rank one could be a better ranked alliance then an alliance with 20 players and alliance stats/war exp/populationetc 10 times better then that one player. Doesn't make sense.

-Alex

I believe that the current system promotes war. Imagine there is a stronger alliance which doesn't have rank 1 player. This alliance can go to war against the alliance with rank 1 player. And if strong enough, it can establish it's own player on rank 1. Alliances can also focus on having a member rank 1, while all the other players can help by fighting competition. Of course competition will be trying to do the same.

And now imagine that glory will be given to alliances not based on their best member, but based on alliance ranks. Then alliances will focus on statbuilding, and try to evade the war, because fighting a war will destroy all their stats except experience. The game should encourage players to engage in war, and currently it does.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:39 am

Kenzu wrote:
Alex wrote:I like the glory system and I think the same system should be introduced for alliances.

-Alex

I believe that the current system promotes war. Imagine there is a stronger alliance which doesn't have rank 1 player. This alliance can go to war against the alliance with rank 1 player. And if strong enough, it can establish it's own player on rank 1. Alliances can also focus on having a member rank 1, while all the other players can help by fighting competition. Of course competition will be trying to do the same.

And now imagine that glory will be given to alliances not based on their best member, but based on alliance ranks. Then alliances will focus on statbuilding, and try to evade the war, because fighting a war will destroy all their stats except experience. The game should encourage players to engage in war, and currently it does.

I've highlighted the main point of my post in red. An alliance that focuses only on one player being rank 1 is not a very good alliance, it is basically one player with a bunch of people either feeding him or using their accounts to mass others allowing that one player to just focus on stats. It basically promotes what this whole game has been trying to remove, especially in main with the ratio system, which is lots of players playing only to benifit one person.
If the alliances are ranked accourding to the stats of the entire allaince then everyone has to work on their accounts as well as helping other players, not just use their accounts to help the top ranking player.
If you want to promote war, make the war experience stats count as a much higher % of overall rank then the stats themselves. It solves both problems.

And as for wars, the whole point of massing someone is to make them lose more then you. Sure you will lose some stats but as long as you cause more dmage then you take you will end up with better stats and a better rank.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:Do not Fear Alex, many hated the glory system(along with alliance ranking), but its here to stay.

Who are the "many" except you? The system was made based on a player being angry that only ranks at the end of round counted. He was upset that a player who kept a good rank for most of the game and lost it in the last minute had nothing out of it. I am sure many like the glory system far more than the system that cares about your rank only at the end of the round.

You obviously didnt understand anything I said since the "exploits" were created by you and first used by yourself and your alliance.

Now try to read and understand what was actually said. Having atrificially created AT on a player driven market is an exploit. Artificially creating accounts with trained units and built weapons so people can destroy them for WE to effect their ranks is an exploit,,,, Try reading Kenzu, its not hard for the average person so it can not be that difficult for you.

and I am not against your system, I'm against the exploits you embedded in the game that leands to the system. Start all accounts out blank, and only loged in accounts have anything and then your system has merit, until then its exploitable.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum