Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sapm widraws dying slow death

+3
kingkongfan1
Nomad
OCTOBER_17_
7 posters

Go down

sapm widraws dying slow death Empty sapm widraws dying slow death

Post by OCTOBER_17_ Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:34 pm

seriously almost a month of no spam on this forum .... tisk tisk

we need to work on that I love you

OCTOBER_17_
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

sapm widraws dying slow death Empty Re: sapm widraws dying slow death

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Well the administration cares very little for forums. They seem to like bland and lifeless. Would be great to have someone who gave a damn in a position to do something to make people actually Want to come to or stay on these forums
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:12 pm

after having spam for supper 5 times a week over the last year or so, Kong is pretty sick of it tbh...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:50 am

Nomad wrote:Well the administration cares very little for forums. They seem to like bland and lifeless. Would be great to have someone who gave a damn in a position to do something to make people actually Want to come to or stay on these forums

explain how?

give out free cookies for posting on the forum? Very Happy
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Well I could go back and post limks to ALL the topics where multiple ideas have been put forth, and NO action taken by the administration.

Or I could post a link to where Admin Martin asked for mods for the forums only to NEVER put any in other then someone who never publicly asked.

Then I could bring up how that same person has abused his powers multiple times and the forums users basicly told to shove it.

I could also bring up how the same person has fought very hard to never allow anyone else any power while he does little about his job. allowing things to go because he "just cant read every post". How he relies on others to "alert" him since he can't seem to do his job. How even obvious things that only he can fix/change left undone until someone else raises the issue. Basically the present administartion does not have a proactive bone in their bodies. Yet multiple forum user can read every post made every day, and has to do the admins job for him by making reports.

I could bring up how bland and pathetic these forums themselves are. They have no frills, not time wasting games, basicly there is NOTHING here to draw someone here. There is NOTHING here to keep someone here when they get here, and there is NOTHING here to make someone want to come back.

But instead I will simply say go look at other far more successful games and there forums. Note the built in systems such as warning and banning systems. Look at the way notes and past actions can be documented. Notice how its not a Dictatorship like these forums and how there are checks and balances to stop bias actions and personal dislikes to run rampit like they do here. Note how there are many that have preloaded games on the forums themselves. How this gives people something to do, to waste time while still interacting with the community. Look at how other games trick out there forums with customization feature allowing personalization. How areas of the forums can be easily recognized due to visuale clues, and how those areas of no concern can be turned on and off. A good set of fourms shows care for the game, and crappy set of forums puts forth the image of a crappy game.

Then compare them to this shit hole of a set of forums.

I am the rank 2 person in number of posts on these forums behind only Admin Martin himself, and I HATE coming to these forums. They suck.

Multiple good/great ideas have been offered up to you guys, to no availe. All for not, and the present forum admin doesnt seem to care about how bad these forums really are.

Thats all I got to say.

Last edited by Nomad on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gammer and puncuation and spelling, was tired)
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 am

Nomad wrote:I am the rank 2 person in number of posts on these forums behind only Admin Martin himself.

Do we take this to mean that your the biggest Spammer here bounce

I will agree with you on some points. Probably the biggest issues with the forum are the poor moderation and administration followed by the lack of content.
I have seen attempts made by players to improve the content but I think the poor moderation has meant that many who would come here just aren't interested.

The Forum doesn't need flashy add on's or lots of bells and whistles but it does need better structure and more non AW related areas that cater for a wide range of interests so the it can offer more to members.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Kong just wants to know if it is to much to enforce the forum rules? cause atm it is just chaos up in here...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Some sense of community here would enhance the game, Annual awards and annual votes for moderators/representatives would help.

Just to add I wouldn't be after a staff role here as I'm far to lazy Laughing
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:27 am

Well lets be honest, the community here has always been small, and seems to be shrinking so that in itself should be a flashing neon sign that there is a problem, and that the current approach is a complete failure.

1 Admin 4025
2 Nomad 3633
3 Kenzu 2634
4 seaborgium 2286
5 ian 1174
6 kingkongfan1 924
7 Alex 895
8 Kingofshinobis1 805
9 Sandwalker 750
10 Lord Ishurue 603
11 Steveanaya 530
12 Nigatsu_Aka 526
13 Vesper 518
14 Jiro 487
15 Manleva 477

At least 5 of the top 15 posters are gone now. That is 1/3 of the TOP most active poster, GONE. Useing Manleva as an example, 477post over 2 years = .6534 posts per day.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:16 am

1 Admin 4025
2 Nomad 3633
3 Kenzu 2634
4 seaborgium 2286 - semi gone
5 ian 1174 - semi gone
6 kingkongfan1 924
7 Alex 895 - gone
8 Kingofshinobis1 805 - semi gone
9 Sandwalker 750 - gone
10 Lord Ishurue 603 - gone
11 Steveanaya 530
12 Nigatsu_Aka 526 - gone
13 Vesper 518 - gone
14 Jiro 487 - RA only
15 Manleva 477
I count 5 and 3 semis....

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:24 pm

I was being generous, as Steveanaya is sell off as well. soooooooo
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by OCTOBER_17_ Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 am

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:Well the administration cares very little for forums. They seem to like bland and lifeless. Would be great to have someone who gave a damn in a position to do something to make people actually Want to come to or stay on these forums

explain how?

give out free cookies for posting on the forum? Very Happy

mmm i like cookies, perhaps you should get someone on that idea

OCTOBER_17_
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content