Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum access issue

+2
Manleva
Nomad
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

forum access issue - Page 2 Empty Re: forum access issue

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:20 am

I read it all, and all I do is quote you Kenzu. Can you not accept your own words?

I honestly can not figure you out. You are the one saying these things. You are, not me.?!?!?!?!

I have no power he, you do, so my only choice is to accept whatever you decide. I have finally figured out the root of all this is me and you have TOTALLY different ideals as to what is good, successful, worthwhile, etc, etc, etc.

Perfect example is what you yourself said. You feel a 3 yr old forum with 3 daily posters with 1 of them gone is good. I feel it is bad.

There is no right or wrong. Just 2 different opinions.

I am playing 3 other games, 2 of which are much newer(both less then 2 yrs) and wayyy more active forums. You have found forums that make our forums look good by the evidence you post.

Neither is right or wrong, just 2 different opinions.

You may feel passionate about the forums, but what you might call passionate I call cold. As a forum Admin I was dedicated to my forums. On multiple times a day. My presence was known everywhere, be it making official posts, or offering my opinions, or just acting as a forum user in the spam section. You are content with missing days on end.

Neither is right or wrong, just 2 different opinions.

And since you have the only power to change anything, its obvious only your opinion matters.

End of story.

*edit*
I have already told you, I know nothing about houseing forums. You and martin know the $$ aspect of the game, because you guys dang sure do not tell us (not that I am saying you should). But I truely can not figure out how you can not find anything better then this set of forums. I have never seen any forums be it game forums, alliance forums, or personal forums as bad as these. The only ones I have true experiance with are the forums on SGW. SO that would be the ONLY suggestion I could make because I have seen what those forums can do and what can be done with them. The DDE home forums are awesome as well with over 150 games on them. They are like a mini arcade that some of us have had all night tournaments on. Much like having Xbox live or something.

You see forums as a "crutch" to a game. I have seen forums that grew to be more then the game. Heck the forums to Lord of Legends still runs LONG after the game has died. Where I come from, we have made player out of people who met the game THROUGH forums. You see forums as something a small % of players may or may not participate in.

Again, niether is right or wrong, both are just opinions.

I guess one of the reason behind my logic is I am an old school trader. I get mote enjoyment from interacting with people then building stats. Conversation, banter, trade, scuffles, and full blown war are what draws me and makes me want to press on. Seeing a forum that may get posted in 2 or 3 times a week 1 time is just depressing to a guy like me.

Again, when ever you decide forums are worth the effort, I'll help any way I can. Pick what you guys think are valid forums and we will test them and give you feedback as to whats good and bad about each. Not much else I can do. Only suggestions as to forums to look at are SGW forums, DDE forums, and SEA's forums here on AW. They are bland like these, but the functionality he has added to them is amazing.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2