Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forwarding messages

3 posters

Go down

Forwarding messages Empty Forwarding messages

Post by Nimras Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Admin why can't I see in my sent box the messages I forward?

It should be made so you can see who you forwarded a message to and how it looks when they recieve it?

Sometimes I have a feeling a forwarded message gets screwed or is it when you save it someone correct me on this and in case this still happens I have no good message to test it with should it be fixed as well.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Forwarding messages Empty Re: Forwarding messages

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:53 pm

point taken

forwarding will not work that whoever forwards is logged as sender so you should see a list of forwarded messages in your outbox
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:34 pm

saved messages are the ones that mess up, idk if a forwarded one does or not. Never had anyone say anything
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Nomad wrote:saved messages are the ones that mess up, idk if a forwarded one does or not. Never had anyone say anything
hmm forwarding saved messages?

I was not aware people did that and saved messages work slightly different for historical reasons. I'll look into fixing forwarding of those too
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:saved messages are the ones that mess up, idk if a forwarded one does or not. Never had anyone say anything
hmm forwarding saved messages?

I was not aware people did that and saved messages work slightly different for historical reasons. I'll look into fixing forwarding of those too

No

Just outright saving a message sometimes alters it. I never forwarded a saved message but I can try it for you if you want
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:57 pm

ok, try playing with it

saving should work now again properly and forwarding those should work too
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 pm

Admin wrote:ok, try playing with it

saving should work now again properly and forwarding those should work too

Lol sorry for the confusion Admin but what I meant was forwarding a message should be shown somewhere so you can see what message you forwarded and tho WHOM you forwarded to.

Then when I wrote I realized that either SAVE a message or forwarding a message got screwed up.

But beside that the screwing up had nothing to do with forwarding a saved message just that one of the features screwed your message up I just couldn't remember which one it was lol.

but I doubled checked its save message feature that screws up. I have 2 messages with good targets but when i saved them I basically couldn't use the message anymore i just checked lol.

Anyway fix it so we can keep a message as it is when saving and so we can see what we forwarded and to whom then we are happy.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:23 pm

Nimras wrote:
Lol sorry for the confusion Admin but what I meant was forwarding a message should be shown somewhere so you can see what message you forwarded and tho WHOM you forwarded to.

Then when I wrote I realized that either SAVE a message or forwarding a message got screwed up.

But beside that the screwing up had nothing to do with forwarding a saved message just that one of the features screwed your message up I just couldn't remember which one it was lol.

but I doubled checked its save message feature that screws up. I have 2 messages with good targets but when i saved them I basically couldn't use the message anymore i just checked lol.

Anyway fix it so we can keep a message as it is when saving and so we can see what we forwarded and to whom then we are happy.
Yes thank you I fully understood what you wanted in the first post

but then people pointed out further issues so I might as well fix them all if i do anything with the messaging system at all.

Basically now:
Forwarding should display in your outbox
Saving should work properly AGAIN
Forwarding saved messages should work properly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Nimras wrote:

Yes thank you I fully understood what you wanted in the first post

but then people pointed out further issues so I might as well fix them all if i do anything with the messaging system at all.

Basically now:
Forwarding should display in your outbox
Saving should work properly AGAIN
Forwarding saved messages should work properly

Cool thanks.

Any chance that the messages already in my save box could get fixed to original state?

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 pm

fixed
Admin
Admin
Admin