Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hall of fame suggestion

2 posters

Go down

Hall of fame suggestion Empty Hall of fame suggestion

Post by kaiballz Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Disclaimer: If anyone feels i'm being arrogant in this post, it is unintended. My only goal in this post is to help RA improve.

I noticed something: after i mathematically cemented #1 position in the glory rankings, ie #1 in the best of the best category in the hall of fame, i totally lost the feeling for the game (and went around randomly throwing my stats around (because i didnt really care for total power rankings) and basically logging in alot less)

This could affect any kind of people in the future; the glory system means that mathematically, if anybody cemented a certain position, be it #1 or #30, ie they have no more possibility to drop or rise, they will experience what i experienced and lose interest in the game. In this current round, i am the only one who experienced this symptom as #2 to #5 are quite close in glory and so they still have something to play for, but in future rounds it is completely possible that this will affect other people. This led me to lose a lot of my passion in RA and i'm not sure if i would be playing round 4. However, this is not something i want for the other players; i propose a suggestion:

Glory as a high score
In the hall of fame, implement a tooltip such that when you hover over the name, it displays the amount of glory they obtained in the round (for the best of the best category, or even all the categories if admin is feeling hardworking ^^ ). This means even if a future player cements a certain amount of glory, he might be fueled by the desire to beat that "high score" and so he will still feel the passion that can only be brought by a goal. A goal, whether by achievements, medals or whatever can be a great motivator. Therefore this is my suggestion, i think it can only help the game and shouldn't be extremely difficult to implement. (Naturally, i hope that this can be implemented in this round also, so that my efforts are not in vain)

Thank you for reading my lengthy post =)

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Hall of fame suggestion Empty Re: Hall of fame suggestion

Post by Kenzu Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Well although with a "cemented" rank 1 you have basically nothing to lose, you should also consider that all stats get recorded and you maybe want to be known not only for most glory points, but maybe also for highest war experience, total power, economy, or maybe highest number of certain kind of unit. You can always set yourself bigger goals if you feel that you have achieved what you wanted.

I like your suggestion very much.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kaiballz Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:36 am

Thanks for giving this suggestion the thumbsup!

PS: on a more personal point, i suppose i should explain why i don't really feel the need for those goals. At first it was for war exp, but it seems impossible to become #1 and i don't even know what #1 is so i kinda gave up. For all i know it could be 100 million or something and i'm quite far away from that. And also i'm sure you understand if i don't want to be known as a "stat builder" so the rest, total power and economy etc don't really appeal to me... but thanks for the suggestions though! appreciate it.

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:30 am

maybe it would be a good thing to know, maybe some page you can open to see what number you need to reach for the next stat.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down