Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing asking price changes amount of kuwal on the market.

5 posters

Go down

Changing asking price changes amount of kuwal on the market. Empty Changing asking price changes amount of kuwal on the market.

Post by seaborgium Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:13 am

I have found that if you create a trade and then later adjust the price, it rounds your kuwal to another number and you lose that kuwal.

Example

50b kuwal paying 50m per AT = 1k ats << starting point
changed the rate to 52,631,578 = 950 ATs << kuwal amount on the market is 49,999,999,100
changed rate to 53m = 943 ATs << kuwal amount on the market is 49,979,000,000

total lost kuwal is 21m

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Changing asking price changes amount of kuwal on the market. Empty Re: Changing asking price changes amount of kuwal on the market.

Post by Admin Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Any suggestion on what could be done, except maybe writing a note telling people to avoid changing the price too often, would be welcome.

I can't make it so that the excess goes back since then you could recover the full offer back and then literally use it like an infinite bank (partially you can use it now too but at least someone has to accept those resources first)

Neither can it work by asking 943.3 AT's in return since in the database it'd rollover into a full integer
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Changing asking price changes amount of kuwal on the market. Empty Re: Changing asking price changes amount of kuwal on the market.

Post by seaborgium Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 am

maybe a market fund...

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 am

I was thining about this.
Maybe have people buy market funds...

1 kuwal = 1 market fund

Then if someone changes the price the market funds come back to them

You can not convert market funds back to kuwal, can only be used on the market

maybe a bonus if you withdraw kuwal from market and have it go directly into market funds?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 pm

which means I have to make something like an extra bank/temp storage thingy for the market
for uu's and kuwal

not really sure about it
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:Any suggestion on what could be done, except maybe writing a note telling people to avoid changing the price too often, would be welcome.

I can't make it so that the excess goes back since then you could recover the full offer back and then literally use it like an infinite bank (partially you can use it now too but at least someone has to accept those resources first)

Neither can it work by asking 943.3 AT's in return since in the database it'd rollover into a full integer

put the kuwal in the bank, or let the game remember the total amount of kuwal and when there is less left than what you need to buy 1 uu or at, then it will go back to your bank.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm

I was thinking that too, but admin pointed out it then becomes a bank....
your suggestion was the exact exploit we were trying to avoid.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm not trying to be an A$$ here but isnt "exploits" kinna mute since it is an unlimited bank already? I mean if nothing is going to be changed from what it is now, whats wrong with adding another exploit if it fixes a true problem?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:16 pm

seaborgium wrote:I was thinking that too, but admin pointed out it then becomes a bank....
My second suggestion actually prevents it from being used as a bank. You haven't read it properly.

But I really think you guys should chill. You are so focused the bank issue, like there was nothing more important to improve.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm not focused onit. I just hate losing funds.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:45 pm

seaborgium wrote:I'm not focused onit. I just hate losing funds.

I didnt know I was losing funds until you made this thread. I thought it goes to bank automatically, but never bothered to check if it's really true. It seems illogical that the funds simply disappear.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:33 pm

seaborgium wrote:I was thinking that too, but admin pointed out it then becomes a bank....
no, you didn't understand what I wrote

I wrote I have to create another storage place, obviously it wouldn't become a bank since it'd be a temp storage to cover for any leftovers i.e. it grows for some time as you change the rates and eventually there's enough in the bank to cover for this changed rate so it drops back somewhat, rinse and repeat
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum