Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RA section Rules & Warnings/Bans (READ BEFORE POSTING)

5 posters

Go down

RA section Rules & Warnings/Bans (READ BEFORE POSTING) Empty RA section Rules & Warnings/Bans (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Post by Kenzu Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

When posting please follow these 5 simple rules:

1) Always be polite to other players.
2) Post in the relevant sections.
3) No insults, vulgarity or racism is allowed.
4) No spam and no advertising of other online games, which can be played without download, is allowed.
5) If you don't like something about Red Apocalypse, suggest changes or improvements. Constructive criticism is always appreciated! Insults are not.
If you find bugs, please report them, so that they can be fixed asap.

If you brake any of these rules, the following procedure applies:
1) Warning (if post was offensive, 1 day ban is given immediately without warning)
2) 1 day ban
3) 7 day ban
4) 30 day ban
5) permanent ban

For minor offenses (example: posts going a bit offtopic) multiple warnings can be given, for especially grave offenses (example: multiple offensive posts, a lot of spamming) harsher punishments up to a permanent ban without warning can be given.

(The bans apply forumwide)

Last edited by Kenzu on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 8 times in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

RA section Rules & Warnings/Bans (READ BEFORE POSTING) Empty Re: RA section Rules & Warnings/Bans (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Post by seaborgium Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:32 am

Sweet 3 people get into trouble for doing something that was allowed all over the forum. Then 1 person gets banned for it.
THEN the rules get posted.
Kenzu this is the EXACT reason people will try RA then quit either that round or the next.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

RA section Rules & Warnings/Bans (READ BEFORE POSTING) Empty Re: RA section Rules & Warnings/Bans (READ BEFORE POSTING)

Post by Manleva Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Questions

1. Why is this posted here and not with the Rules posted by Admin?
2. Why are the penalties different than those posted by Admin?
3. What is the justification for applying punishments before these rules were posted.
4. Why is your name not in the list of warming as I have seen you yourself breaching rule no. 2?
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 pm

I can understand the rules for this section as Kenzu is the admin for RA. But how can he justify giving warnings and bannings for rules that were previously unknown?

I just went back over the message he sent me, and it says nothing of it being a warning.
Kenzu Tue 5 Apr - 5:48
If you dont like something you can suggest changes and improvements, but damaging the image of the game with your posts is not allowed.

How do you perma banning someone from the forum when your rules apply to RA section of the fourm?
You going to get a group made for this section?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Way to dig yourself a hole kenzu. Rolling Eyes this is rediculous. i saw nomad get a warning because that was the first time i saw you edit his post. Other than that, you ban him for 3 days because he was accusing you of doing something on RA (that you most likely did and or are doing). Seems like abuse of power to me.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:07 pm

seaborgium wrote:Sweet 3 people get into trouble for doing something that was allowed all over the forum. Then 1 person gets banned for it.
THEN the rules get posted.
Kenzu this is the EXACT reason people will try RA then quit either that round or the next.

Well, not really. The 3 people have been notified that their posts were inappropriate and they haven't received a ban for it. They are not in trouble for their post.
If it doesn't repeat, there won't be a punishment. Don't take a warning as a punishment, and also don't take it as a free pass to do something wrong. The only reason why it exists is to make sure a person knows what is not allowed so that he will not do it again.

Also, I don't need players who can't control themselves and insult others. If people quit because they have been banned for insults, so be it.

Manleva wrote:Questions

3. What is the justification for applying punishments before these rules were posted.
4. Why is your name not in the list of warming as I have seen you yourself breaching rule no. 2?
1)
Because I take full responsibility of Red Apocalypse section of the forum, and because the rules on RA are much stricter than in the rest of AW.
2)
Because I believe stricter punishments are a better deterrent to make sure that the forum is as clean as possible, while admin might prefer less strict punishments.
3)
The justification is simple. If you insult other players, you should expect that it will have consequences.
If you do something that you shouldn't do, you will be informed by admin (me) that this is not acceptable behaviour. If you repeat this behaviour, punishments will be given.
4)
I haven't seen that I have breached the rule. You mean here on RA? Also, I obviously can't ban myself, as I need to supervise this forum. But I can take more care in the future.

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:Way to dig yourself a hole kenzu. Rolling Eyes this is rediculous. i saw nomad get a warning because that was the first time i saw you edit his post. Other than that, you ban him for 3 days because he was accusing you of doing something on RA (that you most likely did and or are doing). Seems like abuse of power to me.

He received a warning for an earlier post, which has been deleted.

The edited post is the post which led to a 3 day ban.

It's possible to accuse someone without using insults.
Insults lead to ban
And it doesn't matter if it's Nomad writing them or someone else.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Nimras wrote:
Kenzu wrote:When posting please follow these 5 simple rules:

1) Always be polite to other players.
2) Post in the relevant sections.
3) No insults, vulgarity or racism is allowed.
4) No spam and no advertising of other online games which can be played without download is allowed.
5) If you don't like something about Red Apocalypse, suggest changes or improvements.
Insulting the game is not allowed, but constructive criticism is welcome!

Example:
NOT OK: RA sucks.
OK: I don't like massing on RA, the wars cost too much. I think players should lose less soldiers when attacking other players.

If you brake any of these rules, the following procedure applies:
1) You will be notified/warned about your inappropriate post and your post will be edited or deleted.
2) 3 day ban
3) 7 day ban
4) permanent ban

Warnings:
raglory
seaborgium
Nomad

Bans:
Nomad 3 days (offensive language)

***Removed***

7 day ban nimras. you are on thin ice buddy xD

Last edited by Kenzu on Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed offensive post by nimras)

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 pm

The Questions

Manleva wrote:Questions

Kenzu's Answers

Kenzu wrote:

1)
Because I take full responsibility of Red Apocalypse section of the forum, and because the rules on RA are much stricter than in the rest of AW.
2)
Because I believe stricter punishments are a better deterrent to make sure that the forum is as clean as possible, while admin might prefer less strict punishments.
3)
The justification is simple. If you insult other players, you should expect that it will have consequences.
If you do something that you shouldn't do, you will be informed by admin (me) that this is not acceptable behaviour. If you repeat this behaviour, punishments will be given.
4)
I haven't seen that I have breached the rule. You mean here on RA? Also, I obviously can't ban myself, as I need to supervise this forum. But I can take more care in the future.

I do not believe I have ever enconntered a more arogrant, self centered, insulting attitude or encountered such blatent misuse of power in any decent forum.

Lets look at your answers, and bear in mind this is how I interept them which most likely is not the same way that you do.

1. You appear to consider that your opinion of what is permissable in this section of the forum over ride those that apply to the whole forum. Also your responsibility for this section of the forum allows you to make decisions and issue punishments that apply to the whole forum.

2. You consider that Admins rules and punishments are not good enough and simply because you have admin rights in the forum it give you the right to superceed Admins rules with your own.

3. Again you failed to answer a direct question. You have imposed punishments based on rules made after the alleged offenses. Your answer is not the justification for the question.

4. This was with regard to Rule number 2. In the raglory Vs Sara thread you engaged in off topic discussion. As the Admin for the board you should not have done so an should have directed other posters to stay on topic.

There are so many issues that I really don't know where to begin.

It appears to me that you are totally unable or unwilling to seperate Kenzu the player from Kenzu the Admin.

You consistantly ignore pleas from other members of the forum to behave in a manner that is in most forums just normal etiquite for posting on most forums and as an admin you should be setting the best example of the correct way to post.

As Kenzu the player and Alliance leader you are unable to keep agreements that you make with others. After the last round of Wars there was an agreement that Alliance leadership and contacts would be kept up to date however I have seen nothing that would draw attention to the fact that October_17 is no longer a contact for WR.

The overall impression that I gen from Kenzu is that you will say and agree to almost anything while you blindly continue on with your own desire to do exactly what you want to do.

I seriously think you need to reassess your roles within all of AW and decide whether you wish to be a Player or an Admin because you appear tobe either unable to seperate the roles or are just to lazy to seperate them. An In Game example would have to be RA where you are both the Admin and a player. Now I have nothing against this generally and can understand the benefits but I have never seen an Admin in the top rankings of any decent game because there is such a massive conflict of interest. Again something that has been pointed out to you numerous times and which you continue to ignore.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Nimras, your first and last warning.
Insulting is not allowed.

Next time it will be a 3 day ban.

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove here, but stirring up trouble will lead you no where.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:01 pm

What we are proving is that you kenzu can't separate your roles. Most understand that you run RA. We understand that this section of the forum is for RA. However all but 1 warning that you have given was for actions take from before you posted new rules.

You also haven't posted how long warnings last.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:50 pm

seaborgium wrote:What we are proving is that you kenzu can't separate your roles. Most understand that you run RA. We understand that this section of the forum is for RA. However all but 1 warning that you have given was for actions take from before you posted new rules.

A player making insults will be warned/banned irrespective of what roles I have.
There is no set time when a warning expires. But if enough time passes then mild offenses could lead to another warning instead of a ban.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:25 pm

That is why forums have built in timers for warnings, as it removes bias from mods/admins.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

seaborgium wrote:What we are proving is that you kenzu can't separate your roles. Most understand that you run RA. We understand that this section of the forum is for RA. However all but 1 warning that you have given was for actions take from before you posted new rules.

Any warnings and bans with respect to offensive language will go through me and the only person who will be banning for real will be ME.

Kenzu has explicit permission to mask/delete insulting words from a post but will always make a copy of the post in question.

If he wishes to set up certain rules with respect to this section of the forum for a game that he is responsible for then I would say he has a right to do that. These rules are in my opinion very reasonable.
Rules 1-3 is a no brainer. Rule 4 is a completely standard rule on pretty much every other browser based game forum I know of.

Rule 5 is just his right. He's neither saying you can't say anything bad about the game nor is he saying you can't voice your opinion.
If you plan on simply writing a post saying how crap something is without so much as explaining in a rational or constructive manner then even I frankly dont know why you're bothering to write such a post in the first place other than to obviously just grief.
Believe it or not, different people like different things. A new player might come across this forum before seeing the game and If they see some crappy posts like that they might not even give it a try, even though they might have liked it.

And sea, timed bans work only globally, not on a per section basis. Obviously it would be possible to remove access from a section manually but then it also has to be returned manually. In this sense it's clearly better for both sides if someone simply gets told not to post here for a day.
Obviously if it escalates then it will end up with a global ban since someone who can't follow rules isn't welcome here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Spoiler:

We weren't arguing that he couldn't make rules for THIS section of the forum, we know he runs this game as the admin. What we were going on was the fact that he gave warnings/bannings for rules that were not posted at the time.
The rules that are currently posted are good, they aren't really questionable.
I never said anything about timed BANS, I said warnings.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:10 pm

seaborgium wrote:We weren't arguing that he couldn't make rules for THIS section of the forum, we know he runs this game as the admin. What we were going on was the fact that he gave warnings/bannings for rules that were not posted at the time.
Well a bunch of people were arguing about different things. So going by experience I decided to adress every major issue I've noticed in this thread because sooner or later someone would have definitely brought it up.
I agree in that sense I shouldn't have quoted your post but simply made a fresh one.

And Kenzu has now removed all warnings from his side.

Next time just try asking him to do that, or whoever else got warned. Because afaik, none of you did ask for that.

That and the fact that a) a warning is NOTHING, you can still post and write PM's, and b) none of the warnings were given for something that wasn't against the rules even before the post. Saying nothing else but "game sux" is spam and will get you a warning anyway, no matter what forum part it gets posted into.

Spam is forbidden, insults are forbidden, going off topic is forbidden,
Which of these rules were people not aware even before all of this?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:19 pm

I am sure I didn't just post the game sucks. I posted more detail then that. So please show my post so that we can go over it.
We argued the fact that warnings/bannings came out for things that have been said and done on other parts of the forum. So don't give me the crap of this and that aren't allowed and warnings are given. I am sure anyone can find post showing things that have been said.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Kenzu has copies.

Good, no I agree, if Kenzu starts explaining the rules in a new way then he should have clarified it beforehand, that's why all the warnings were removed.
Not a single person got into trouble for that though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:44 pm

seaborgium wrote:
We weren't arguing that he couldn't make rules for THIS section of the forum, we know he runs this game as the admin. What we were going on was the fact that he gave warnings/bannings for rules that were not posted at the time.
The rules that are currently posted are good, they aren't really questionable.
I never said anything about timed BANS, I said warnings.

All warnings which didnt use offensive language have been removed. Not the ones with offensive language though, because it was always not tolerated on the forum.
Now that the rules are specifically posted, I hope there won't be any more problems.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 pm

@ Kenzu - Between your posts made at 2:50 PM April 8th and 9:44 PM April 8th I have noted that there are 3 posts from Adnim. These poata have clearly explained exactly what powers you have within the forum.

Admin also expressly stated that he removed All Bans and Warnings that you had imposed. It appears form the wording of your last post that there are some issues still.

The first possibility is that you have failed to understand what your brother has posted.

The second possibility is that you have ignored what your brother has posted because you think that you already know what you can do so you only skimmed over his posts and missed things.

The third possibility is that once again you have failed to express yourself clearly once again.

Now I am not sure which if any of the above possibilities covers your last post but I would suggest that you revisit all posts between the tow of yours listed at the beginning and then make another post covering the situation you attempted to cover.

Please note that I have asked for a new post and not that your last post be edited because I wish to see if there are any differences and what they are. You have a bad habit of editing posts you have previously made that can change completely their meaning. While I do admit that at times an edit is appropriate it would also be common sense that a post be made to point others to the edit. This means that then people searching posts made since their last visit will see that you have made a change.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Manleva wrote:Admin also expressly stated that he removed All Bans and Warnings that you had imposed. It appears form the wording of your last post that there are some issues still.
Rephrasing kenzu's post from above and repeating part of my post

All warnings made based on the rules he explained in the first thread which were not common knowledge before were removed. Basically #5 on that list. That's 3 warnings.
2 Bans were for swearing and personal insults which were always forbidden and always will be.
Those bans will clearly not be removed just because kenzu wrote up another post about them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 am

Admin wrote:
Manleva wrote:Admin also expressly stated that he removed All Bans and Warnings that you had imposed. It appears form the wording of your last post that there are some issues still.

All warnings made based on the rules he explained in the first thread which were not common knowledge before were removed. Basically #5 on that list. That's 3 warnings.
2 Bans were for swearing and personal insults which were always forbidden and always will be.
Those bans will clearly not be removed just because kenzu wrote up another post about them.

Actually I made 4 warnings and 1 ban. 3 warnings were for rule #5, 1 warning and 1 ban were for offensive language.
The 3 warnings for rule #5 have been removed, the 1 warning and 1 ban for offensive language have been changed to forumwide temporary bans.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:36 am

Admin wrote:
Any warnings and bans with respect to offensive language will go through me and the only person who will be banning for real will be ME.

Kenzu has explicit permission to mask/delete insulting words from a post but will always make a copy of the post in question.

Kenzu wrote:
Admin wrote:

Actually I made 4 warnings and 1 ban. 3 warnings were for rule #5, 1 warning and 1 ban were for offensive language.
The 3 warnings for rule #5 have been removed, the 1 warning and 1 ban for offensive language have been changed to forumwide temporary bans.

Well thanks Admin and Kenzu for responding at least in part to my post. Perhaps you can clear up the highlighted comments because they are contridictory.

If Admin is the only person issuing Warnings amd Bans, why is Kenzu Still talking about Warnings and Bans that He issued. If Kenzu can issue Warnings and Bans then Admin needs to Clarify his statement. If Kenzu cannot issue them then we should not see him making posts where it appears that he is.

If it is the case that Kenzu is posting the Decision of Admin (something I am quite happy for him to do) then I would expect him to say so in the post and not make it appear that he is the one issuing them. Personally I don't think that it's hard to say Warning or Ban from Admin
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Manleva wrote:If Admin is the only person issuing Warnings amd Bans, why is Kenzu Still talking about Warnings and Bans that He issued. If Kenzu can issue Warnings and Bans then Admin needs to Clarify his statement. If Kenzu cannot issue them then we should not see him making posts where it appears that he is.
Because they have been issued for completely different things.

Everywhere, Offensive language: ME
This section, everything else: Kenzu
Whatever else: ME
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down