Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapons bug since last update

3 posters

Go down

Weapons bug since last update Empty Weapons bug since last update

Post by raglory Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Since last update I`m loosing more weapons/attack than soldiers. How come?!?!

raglory
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

Weapons bug since last update Empty Re: Weapons bug since last update

Post by Admin Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:54 am

i'm pretty sure it's not just since last update.
you dont lose weapons based on how many units you lost but based on the total weapon value lost by the enemy divided or multiplied by any tech advantage one side has over the other

so you can lose more or less weapons than you lost units
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raglory Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:40 am

I don`t find it logical to loose more weapons than soldiers, but if you designed it this way, guess we`ll have to live with it.

BTW. Can you make a category when you have time with all the calculation formulas of losses etc etc, and game mechanics with examples?

Now everything is very scattered, and so far instead of searching it`s more easy for us to post in bug section. If we had all the info`s in one place it would be much better.

raglory
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:00 pm

There was no change on weapons lost, it was like this since round 1.

All losses (units and weapons) are based on technology differences between you and your enemy. If you lose more weapons than soldiers, then your weapons are inferior to the weapons of the enemy or your technology is inferior.

You can counter this by either investing more into better technology, or building a surplus of weapons.

Losing more weapons than units can be explained this way:
In a battle where you use APCs, IFV or tanks, a tank can be hit by a shell, and while it's burning the crew jumps out before it explodes, or an APC has been hit and its turret is destroyed. and the crew survived and returned back to base. These are two examples of how you could lose more weapons than soldiers.

Example for small arms could be that in a firefight units who got wounded returned back to base without their weapons, they had to leave them behind and the weapons have been either lost or destroyed by artillery fire while they were lying around on the battlefield. Or simply the weapon has been used up and lost its durability. It has been used so much its innacurate and has to be replaced by a new one.

About the calculation and formulas of losses. I can make it in my free time.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by raglory Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I tested it with an attack. My weakest attack weapon power was 200, and the enemy def weapon power was 100 + my 20% tech advancements in attack..so you cannot say my technology was inferior; I still lost more weapons than soldiers ( the power /attack soldier was also 3 times higher).

I`ve tested this before, and I always lost fewer weapons than soldiers. Trust me, something happened recently.

Maybe you could give me the barrier number above wich I will loose less weapons than soldiers.

raglory
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:11 pm

there is no barrier number

you will definitely lose either the same amount or less weapons than soldiers if the weapons you use are more powerful than the weapons your enemy uses

if player a lost 100 units and 100 weapons each with power 200 (that's 100 units and 20,000 weapon POINTS)
if you have only weapons with power 400 it means you will lose 100 units and 50 weapons (400 x 50 = 20,000 POINTS)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 pm

@admin, I think you talk about assault. It should be considered that in a stealing kuwal mission, attackers lose 4 times more than defenders if technology is the same. If attacker has a technology 2 times or more powerful than defender, then defender will lose 2 times more soldiers and weapon points than defender.

raglory wrote:I tested it with an attack. My weakest attack weapon power was 200, and the enemy def weapon power was 100 + my 20% tech advancements in attack..so you cannot say my technology was inferior; I still lost more weapons than soldiers ( the power /attack soldier was also 3 times higher).

I`ve tested this before, and I always lost fewer weapons than soldiers. Trust me, something happened recently.

Maybe you could give me the barrier number above wich I will loose less weapons than soldiers.

Not sure what you are testing but I am sure you made a mistake in your calculations.
I tested it and I lost less weapons (because I used better weapons than enemy and had better tech)
I checked my armory to see number of attackers and weapons, made a farm hit, checked armory again and compared the numbers.

I used 240 and 260 power weapons against 100 power weapons.
I lost 94 attackers and 38 weapons in total.

The defender lost 47 soldiers and 48 weapons, so it works fine.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down