Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game down? Turn Counter Screwed? Post only here!

+71
Gamniac
Keinutnai
doxakk
Mystake
vaga
Smog
Kenzu
Whatamidoinghere
Steveanaya
QUEST
damgood
RAMPAGE
ghyogod
Koldfate
r1maru
Die Quelle
mental
charlychin
J1nx
SovietMan
Halog3n
Manleva
JadeFire
lil monsters
Kingofshinobis1
navblue
kingkongfan1
nutiu89
Space2050
zy-fy
tacoman
Vesper
stars
Starryager
trigunfan213
Viper
Universe
Alex
¤ Angel Slayer
seaborgium
slambot#4
Jiro
Lord Ishurue
ioz
buhcoreTheGreat
Bedor
Lord Pegasus
Nomad
rflash
Disco_Vader
ian
Jodie
Kira
EqnX
tackless-shadow
Zanti
somebody
Truestrike
Sandwalker
Magnus
Lucien Lachance
Kismet
baikal
Casshern
chaos
mobocracy
Balthier
Frozen Flame
TipsY
Admin
75 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Game down? Turn Counter Screwed? Post only here! - Page 9 Empty Re: Game down? Turn Counter Screwed? Post only here!

Post by Koldfate Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:49 am

Down again? Cannot load the page.

Koldfate
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Game down? Turn Counter Screwed? Post only here! - Page 9 Empty Re: Game down? Turn Counter Screwed? Post only here!

Post by ghyogod Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:21 am

next turn in -138min.
i keep observing this almost a half an hour now.

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 6311
Alliance : Mujengan
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RAMPAGE Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 am

Turn counter is showing -140 minutes
RAMPAGE
RAMPAGE
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : 2616
RAMPAGE
Alliance : World Republic (TOC)
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Quelle Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:30 am

-207 min down again Sad

Die Quelle
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:58 am

Part of the message I received

Sadly, we are indeed having some stability troubles with your machine.
Our admins are still working on a longer term solution to the problem. If
you like, you can choose to move to a new machine.

I'll have the site moved to another machine but no clue how long that will take, could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days
Last time it went through within half a day

You've requested to be moved to a different server. Looks like you're number 6 in line.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:21 am

no problem admin, take your time if necessary

just make sure we don't wake up with too much kuwal out please

aiight
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 am

r1maru wrote:no problem admin, take your time if necessary

aiight
the turns were in the negative as people have posted. which means the automatic turn script is not active and people dont get kuwal into the open

after it's running again, i'll do my usual thing and the kuwal will be in the bank
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:46 am

Admin wrote:

aiight
the turns were in the negative as people have posted. which means the automatic turn script is not active and people dont get kuwal into the open

after it's running again, i'll do my usual thing and the kuwal will be in the bank

aiight, me knew you know what to do... you iz experienced

me just want to look like i iz getting involved in this community Smile
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Halog3n Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:54 am

Next Turn: -353 min

Halog3n
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Turn: 26 min

working correctly for me, funds banked, no hits, so all lookin good.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeFire Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Working good for me as well. No hits and all funds placed in the bank. Thanks Admins. Sorry your having such a hassle with things.

Take your time I'm sure we all will understand if it takes you a little while to get things stable on some new server Smile Thanks for all you do.
JadeFire
JadeFire
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 836
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.crimeseekers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:47 pm

JadeFire wrote:Working good for me as well. No hits and all funds placed in the bank. Thanks Admins. Sorry your having such a hassle with things.

Take your time I'm sure we all will understand if it takes you a little while to get things stable on some new server Smile Thanks for all you do.
Hey I wash all responsibility from this issue. It's the host who had a crappy setup. And the server hasn't moved yet, it's still the same we've been on for the last year or so.
All I did and could do was check and double check none of my scripts were running in some infinite loops and hence getting shut down by my host all the time, which was not the case.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Site Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: "bad_httpd_conf"
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Nomad wrote:
Site Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: "bad_httpd_conf"
the site has been moved to another server, the issue is now that the internet has to "find" it again so that it knows where in the world it should direct you to when you type in the AW address

I've disabled the turn script until then
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by damgood Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:05 pm

Admin wrote:

aiight

I hope you take into account the people who had protection and couldn't bank this evening
because the server was down (me included).

damgood
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 49
Alliance : GD
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://oddee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Any kind of an ETA or still unknown?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Smile) soldiers are dying here Mad

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 6311
Alliance : Mujengan
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeFire Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Admin wrote:
JadeFire wrote:Working good for me as well. No hits and all funds placed in the bank. Thanks Admins. Sorry your having such a hassle with things.

Hey I wash all responsibility from this issue. It's the host who had a crappy setup. And the server hasn't moved yet, it's still the same we've been on for the last year or so.
All I did and could do was check and double check none of my scripts were running in some infinite loops and hence getting shut down by my host all the time, which was not the case.

(Getting same message Nomad is. Guess its game wide for now after reading your message Admins)

Hey Admins I know how it is Smile Don't forget I run stuff on servers too. It's not always something we can fix. I completely understand. Just hope all the others here understand that no matter how much you want to fix the problem its actually not in your hands that you have done all you can.

Not sure what specs you need server wise but I know I good host with VERY little downtime. If you wish you more then welcome to MSN I'll give you the details and stuff there Smile

All you Gamers out there Smile Just be patient. I know Admins, must be ready to pull his hair out by now.
JadeFire
JadeFire
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 836
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.crimeseekers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Update:

The website is up, but apparently the host forgot to actually move all the files to the new server (or maybe it's still in progress, i'm not sure, I received a mail 5 hours ago that the move went through successfully)

I have access to the database though again and I have banked half of everyone's kuwal (that coupled with the fact that the turns haven't been ticking for half a day anyway should mean that no one will get farmed once the game is up again)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 pm

but the game is still not up I assume?

I get no messages, just blank screen
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:24 am

Nomad wrote:but the game is still not up I assume?

I get no messages, just blank screen
In short: Blank screen is what you should see, however it also means that you are actually able to "open" the site.

Basically "the game" is made up of 3 important parts

Access to the website (the part where you type in the internet address into your browser and your browser will know where to go and which files to open) <= works now, and has been the actual issue so far

Database (this is where the data about users, stats, ranks, attacks, alliances, etc. is saved) <= works

The code itself (base.php, etc. the part where the code tells what numbers to take from the database and display them, or what to do if you want to attack someone) <= missing (i'm working on uploading them again, but if the host would actually move them from the previous server onto the new one, which should have happened but didn't for some random reason, then it wouldn't take an hour or two but only a minute or two)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:06 am

main server is up
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halog3n Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 am

Next Turn: -398 min

Halog3n
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 am

yes i know, I didn't start the turns yet but will do so shortly. first wanted to have RA up and running
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:42 am

ok, all done
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next