Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

special resources trading

2 posters

Go down

special resources trading Empty special resources trading

Post by Nomad Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:38 pm

Since I do not fully understand the way this works the suggestion may be way off.

It seems you have to trade all 3 resources for the 3 resources someone else has? Can it be made where you trade each seperately?

If I get a better idea of how it works maybe I can refine the suggestion.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

special resources trading Empty Re: special resources trading

Post by Kenzu Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Yes it can be made that way, but the problem is that it will complicate the system a lot, not only to the players, but also to the code, and much more calculations will have to be made.

When trading you always export your 3 resources and import someone elses 3 resources. With 24 resources and you having 3 at the start, you can theoretically have all 24 resources with another 7 trading partners, however often a player will already have one or two of the resources you have, especially if you trade already with other people.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:53 am

Kenzu wrote:Yes it can be made that way, but the problem is that it will complicate the system a lot, not only to the players, but also to the code, and much more calculations will have to be made.

When trading you always export your 3 resources and import someone elses 3 resources. With 24 resources and you having 3 at the start, you can theoretically have all 24 resources with another 7 trading partners, however often a player will already have one or two of the resources you have, especially if you trade already with other people.

Can someone else try to explain this? From what i keep getting trades are always in process but never finish, and you can't get more then 1 or 2 of the same item so how can you trade with more then 1 person and keep the item? when do you get new items to trade? when do trade complete? and is there a way to stop someone from spamming your trades?

also got asked how you can have 2 trades with the same person?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:59 pm

The mountain isn't such a big mountain anymore. Loads of bugs got fixed, and new bugs to be done get added much slower now.

trading with the same person multiple times?
it's a bug, will be fixed.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:00 am

Kenzu wrote:The mountain isn't such a big mountain anymore. Loads of bugs got fixed, and new bugs to be done get added much slower now.

trading with the same person multiple times?
it's a bug, will be fixed.

why did you respond like that and then not address but 1 point out of the 7 brought up?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Spoiler:

I read your Wiki and it explains very little. To address your points made tied to real life lets honestly look at what you just said

1. If russia had 1 container of oil, and sold it to another country would russia have oil for itsself? NO

2. If America had 1 tank, and sold it to another would it have a tank for its self? NO

So lets try to keep real life from further explinations, its not needed. I'm here to play a game and get away from real life.

Why put a number on it if the number is meaningless? Rather stupid and it makes people think the number means something when it does not. Couple that with crappy explinations and you wonder why people don't understand things very easily.

Now, from talking to other player I do think I have figured it out.

Trades are not like main, and are not 1 time actions but ongoing, as long as your trade is active then you have access to that resource. One thing I do not understand is how are these resources "unlimited"? You have 1 yet you can trade that 1 item to 24 other people and still have 1 for yourself?(see where some confusion might come in?) Also, it only allows you to export 3 goods, the three you start with. But if through trade you end up with 3 or 4 "non native" resources you can not trade them. (possible suggestion). You also may end up with resources that are meaningless to your account set up and that is sad TBH, why can you not influence those resources? (possible suggestion) My officer has 1 out of three resources that benifit their account set up, thats a real waste TBH.

Another thing I noticed is this, if you were to get all resources as you say that is theoreticly possible your looking at
Danning neutron bomb +10% att
miryia missle shield +10% def
koyra spy drone +13% covert
orda paratrooper tanks +12% assassin <---I find this one amusing, assassins parachuting tanks in Laughing
irium energy collectors +3% income
tarik artificial organs +3% UP
hualu militay computers +2.5%att, 2.5%def, +3% cov, +3% assassin
salin construction droids +1.5% income, 1.5% UP
rocket fuel +1.5% income
energy cell +1.5% income
space beer +1.5% income
shari aphrodesiac +1.5% UP
medical supplies +1.5%UP
recovery capsule +1.5% UP
"no name" +2MT per week
"no name" +2 MT per week
guidence system +5% att
bunker busters +5% att
reactive armor +5% def
proximity mines +5% def
plastic explosives +7% covert
radar systems +7% covert
silenced weapons +6% assassin
night vision +6% assassin

17.5% total ATT bonus
17.5% def bonus
30% covert bonus
27% assassin bonus
9% income
9% UP
4 MT per week increase

Why is the salin bonus so small compared to haula? halua has bigger bonuses to 4 stats and salin has smaller bonuses in just 2 stats?

But add the above to PBP and most accounts will be looking at 200% plus on race specific stats.

Just sayin, not agreeing or disagreeing
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Nomad wrote:
Spoiler:

I read your Wiki and it explains very little. To address your points made tied to real life lets honestly look at what you just said

1. If russia had 1 container of oil, and sold it to another country would russia have oil for itsself? NO

If Russia had only 1 "container" of oil, then Russia would not export it.
However Russia is producing millions of barrels of oil each day, much more than it can use itself,
and that's why it is exporting.

You too have special resources and you are producing much more than you need, so that you can export it too.

2. If America had 1 tank, and sold it to another would it have a tank for its self? NO

So lets try to keep real life from further explinations, its not needed. I'm here to play a game and get away from real life.

Why put a number on it if the number is meaningless? Rather stupid and it makes people think the number means something when it does not. Couple that with crappy explinations and you wonder why people don't understand things very easily.

There is a reason for the number, namely without the number you will not know how many trade partners you have for a certain resource, but if you find out that you have 2 or 3 for multiple of your resources, then you might want to look around and find a trade that you can cancel without losing access to a resource and then be able to accept trade relations from someone who has resources that you dont have at all.

Now, from talking to other player I do think I have figured it out.

Trades are not like main, and are not 1 time actions but ongoing, as long as your trade is active then you have access to that resource. One thing I do not understand is how are these resources "unlimited"? You have 1 yet you can trade that 1 item to 24 other people and still have 1 for yourself?(see where some confusion might come in?) Also, it only allows you to export 3 goods, the three you start with. But if through trade you end up with 3 or 4 "non native" resources you can not trade them. (possible suggestion). You also may end up with resources that are meaningless to your account set up and that is sad TBH, why can you not influence those resources? (possible suggestion) My officer has 1 out of three resources that benifit their account set up, thats a real waste TBH.

The number doesnt represent how many resources you have, but how many trade partners + yourself give you the resource.
Each resource benefits your account, none is meaningless.

PS: You can influence your resources after building research center 3 and after an update which will enable you to research new resources that you can exchange for a resource you have at the start.

Another thing I noticed is this, if you were to get all resources as you say that is theoreticly possible your looking at
Danning neutron bomb +10% att
miryia missle shield +10% def
koyra spy drone +13% covert
orda paratrooper tanks +12% assassin <---I find this one amusing, assassins parachuting tanks in Laughing
irium energy collectors +3% income
tarik artificial organs +3% UP
hualu militay computers +2.5%att, 2.5%def, +3% cov, +3% assassin
salin construction droids +1.5% income, 1.5% UP
rocket fuel +1.5% income
energy cell +1.5% income
space beer +1.5% income
shari aphrodesiac +1.5% UP
medical supplies +1.5%UP
recovery capsule +1.5% UP
"no name" +2MT per week
"no name" +2 MT per week
guidence system +5% att
bunker busters +5% att
reactive armor +5% def
proximity mines +5% def
plastic explosives +7% covert
radar systems +7% covert
silenced weapons +6% assassin
night vision +6% assassin

17.5% total ATT bonus
17.5% def bonus
30% covert bonus
27% assassin bonus
9% income
9% UP
4 MT per week increase

Why is the salin bonus so small compared to haula? halua has bigger bonuses to 4 stats and salin has smaller bonuses in just 2 stats?

But add the above to PBP and most accounts will be looking at 200% plus on race specific stats.

Just sayin, not agreeing or disagreeing

In reality you will get:

Attack: +22.5%
Defense: +22.5%
Covert: +30%
Assassin: +27%
Income: +6%
UP: +6%
MT: +4

Salin gives "less" percentage wise because +1% UP is better than +1% Attack.
Hualu gives +12% im military stats in total, and Salin +3% in economy stats.

If 1 income point gives you 0.4%
and 1 attack point gives you 1.5%
it means attack gives you 3.75 times more than income.
So if you get 10% in military stats, you should get 2.67% in economy stats.
Of course 1% covert or assassin is less valuable than 1% attack, so Salin get a bonus of 3% instead of 2.67%.

200%? People might have 200% after playing the game for 1-2 years. But no matter how long you play, would you not want to have a boost in your military by +25% in each stat and get a boost in up and income by +6% by simply investing 2 billion in startport and a couple hangars and finding a couple trade partners? With 175% in a stat, +1% upgrade will cost you probably 4 billion kuwal, and with 2 billion kuwal you can get +100% in military stats and +12% in economy stats, without doubt everyone in the top ranks will be using it.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Suggestion not approved

Reason why:
All resources will be traded all at once, because trading only the resources you want to trade, would make it much harder for people who have less rare resources. When always trading all 3 resources with one another, then someone who has only 1 useful resource for someone else can still get access to all 3. There is no need to make it harder than it is. Furthemore it would make the code much more complex.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: