Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Suggestions for Red Apocalypse

+2
seaborgium
Kenzu
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Making Suggestions for Red Apocalypse Empty Making Suggestions for Red Apocalypse

Post by Kenzu Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Suggest changes/improvements for this game.

Make a NEW THREAD for each suggestion.

The goal of this game is to make it as little time consuming as possible, simple to learn and play, and at the same time strategy must remain of great importance.

There will be enough time for discussion after which it will or will not be approved.
The more suggestions you make, the more likely a suggestion of yours will be approved.

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Making Suggestions for Red Apocalypse Empty Re: Making Suggestions for Red Apocalypse

Post by seaborgium Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:36 pm

A way to store MTs, its a bit unfair for someone with ss to make more MTs then others.
Resources: on the stats page should have tool tips

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Making Suggestions for Red Apocalypse Empty Re: Making Suggestions for Red Apocalypse

Post by seaborgium Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:42 pm

see the different types of kuwal, how do you know what you can spend.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:43 pm

a way to bank the stealable kuwal, thats just plain stupid to have kuwal you can't bank.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm

OHHH NICE
I just bought weapons and it came from the bank

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:16 am

seaborgium wrote:A way to store MTs, its a bit unfair for someone with ss to make more MTs then others.
Resources: on the stats page should have tool tips

Someone said that he says no reason for SS at all.
SS costs money, so it is only fair if it gives more benefits. (Especially on reset, where peple aren't allowed to use private brokers)

seaborgium wrote:see the different types of kuwal, how do you know what you can spend.
You click on bank and read what it say.

You always spend the kuwal which is in the bank.
Deposit kuwal once a day and you don't need to worry about the other kuwal types.

seaborgium wrote:a way to bank the stealable kuwal, thats just plain stupid to have kuwal you can't bank.

Your Empire is so huge that transporting such vast amounts of kuwal with a click are sheerly impossible in Red Apocalypse.
The only way for your kuwal to be safely transfered to your home planet is by making sure that you have enough defenses to protect your empire kuwal and time for the kuwal to be transfered.

You tried to speed up the kuwal transfer process by executing those in charge of it and replacing them with new people, but it didn't help.
You consider executing these people too, but you feel it won't help either.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:24 am

so your forcing everyone to be a farm?

I can see now I'll be going all attack race, techs, and PBP as its going to be a buffet for strikers and a sad, sad day for defenders LOL
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 am

Special Agent 47 wrote:so your forcing everyone to be a farm?

I can see now I'll be going all attack race, techs, and PBP as its going to be a buffet for strikers and a sad, sad day for defenders LOL

a number of people asked for more farms after last reset, They shall have them.

if someone doesnt want to be a farm, they should become a farmer themselves, build more def or go on vacation lol.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:25 am

well you have made it so they have no other option havent you? since there is no untraining, no work conditions, and no realm alert, you basicly took away all forms of income control.

One thing is for sure, those with screen time will rule this game as it will be an all you can farm buffet for couple months anyway
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:09 pm

why do you need to control your income so much?

I agree though that working conditions are a good thing and they will be added again.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Kenzu wrote:why do you need to control your income so much?

I agree though that working conditions are a good thing and they will be added again.

So much?

You can't control it at all Kenzu.

Umm if your getting farmed to much, and cant build a def, would a normal person not learn to control their income?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:17 am

1 thing is cut back the amount of stuff you have going on. You only have 3 months, it takes months for new players to get that much in main and there is only a handful of items.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:24 am

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:why do you need to control your income so much?

So much?

You can't control it at all Kenzu.

Umm if your getting farmed to much, and cant build a def, would a normal person not learn to control their income?

I personally would go a couple days on protection to prevent farming
Another possibility is massing the person who farms you, if you feel evil today lol.
But now Working Conditions have been added, you can use it and they are much more efficient than on main +50% -50% income per turn and you can keep it turned on for days.

seaborgium wrote:1 thing is cut back the amount of stuff you have going on. You only have 3 months, it takes months for new players to get that much in main and there is only a handful of items.

What things are you reffering to? and how can I cut back on them?

Anbd what do you mean by your last sentence.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 am

The cost of items on RA is much higher. Your only going for 3 months, you are giving players 2% of there income each turn. You are forcing players to build a larger def to keep there income. Now you have upped the cost for UU, techs., and you have 2 types of weapons.
Lets talk about the 27 items on the construction page that you have to build in order to get things done.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:00 am

what Seaborgium said

as for massing was the bug fixed where you can take kewal from another player with 0 loses and NO strike weapons?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:08 am

Empire Kuwal amount should be shown along with Home Planet Kuwal and Bank Kuwal at the top of the page so that you do not have to open the Bank to see how much Kuwal is at risk

With the increase in buildings I think that we should allow more than one project at a time especially during this testing phase
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 am

Manleva wrote:Empire Kuwal amount should be shown along with Home Planet Kuwal and Bank Kuwal at the top of the page so that you do not have to open the Bank to see how much Kuwal is at risk

With the increase in buildings I think that we should allow more than one project at a time especially during this testing phase

I decreased build time from 1 day to 1 hour to be able for everyone to build everything within 2 days if they are very active.

Problem is that if Empire Kuwal gets it's own space on the infobar, then the infobar will be 2 rows high. It's already pretty cramped, and with higher kuwal values it will be much more cramped.

seaborgium wrote:The cost of items on RA is much higher. Your only going for 3 months, you are giving players 2% of there income each turn. You are forcing players to build a larger def to keep there income. Now you have upped the cost for UU, techs., and you have 2 types of weapons.
Lets talk about the 27 items on the construction page that you have to build in order to get things done.

But at the same time unlike main, you start with your military in a strong shape which will prevent you from getting farmed if you bank once a day. This means that if you build some military along with economy, you will never be farmed.

PS: No one says that you have to research 5 levels of weapons in one day. My goal is that you will use each single weapon for a certain period of time, and most importantly, you won't be skipping the first weapon.

Seems you think everything is too expensive on RA, but it is expensive for everyone, so there is no advantage for anyone and thus fair.

People get 2% of their income each turn only if their Empire Kuwal was 0. If they haven't been farmed for 1 day, you will receive 100% of their turn income each turn.

Nomad wrote:what Seaborgium said

as for massing was the bug fixed where you can take kewal from another player with 0 loses and NO strike weapons?

If you meant farming, then I didn't know such bug exists. It will be fixed soon.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:42 am

why did some start with 0 weapons while you say everyone starts with a built military?

I posted that an officer was stealing kewal with 0 strike weapons, but it must have been overlooked
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:52 am

Kenzu wrote:ut at the same time unlike main, you start with your military in a strong shape which will prevent you from getting farmed if you bank once a day. This means that if you build some military along with economy, you will never be farmed.

PS: No one says that you have to research 5 levels of weapons in one day. My goal is that you will use each single weapon for a certain period of time, and most importantly, you won't be skipping the first weapon.

Seems you think everything is too expensive on RA, but it is expensive for everyone, so there is no advantage for anyone and thus fair.

People get 2% of their income each turn only if their Empire Kuwal was 0. If they haven't been farmed for 1 day, you will receive 100% of their turn income each turn.
If you call 100 weapons in strong shape. Are you going to be chaning the startin gpoint as the game rolls on? As I see it now, you start out with 100 weapons, and in 1 week that is nothing. So once agian you start out as a farm.

You are right, noone is trying to trian in 1 day, however you only have 90 days.... Think about it. With the cost that you have set for everything, how many things do you think you can get.

Who the hell cares if its the same for everyone... thats not the issue. The problem IS the cost of the items.

I not even going to talk about the income item.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Everyone started with 10.000 weapons, not 100 weapons.

No one will start out as a farm. You will start with an population distributions that will make all farming against you unprofitable unless you build up income units without enough military.

you will be able to farm inactives once every 2 days, because farming any player with the stats they start with will cost you more than what you farm if you hit them once a day.

Assuming there are 4000 players, and less than 50 will be playing, there will be pretty much 4000 inactives fueling the economies of the actives.

If everyone starts with 250 mill income per day, it means that inactives produce 1 trillion each day, so obviously there will be no problem with getting kuwal if everything stays unchanged.

I consider lowering income per unit though
from 100-150 per income unit to 60-100 per income unit,
so 50.000 farmers will produce 60 each instead of 100 each.

Here you can see what your account will start with:
https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f44/your-account-will-start-with-this-t2042.htm
It will be regularly updated
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Kenzu wrote:Everyone started with 10.000 weapons

Incorrect, some started with 0 weapons. I do assume it is/was a bug and not intentional.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:25 pm

You are right. I hope to find out how that could happen so it never happens again.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by J1nx Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 am

my opinion... reduce the number of spies u start with to perhaps 1000... my income and UP is so low in the beginning that it would take several days of investment into spy tech/training just to be able to see the defenses of others to determine who wld be safe to farm

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:41 am

Kenzu wrote:
Manleva wrote:Empire Kuwal amount should be shown along with Home Planet Kuwal and Bank Kuwal at the top of the page so that you do not have to open the Bank to see how much Kuwal is at risk

I decreased build time from 1 day to 1 hour to be able for everyone to build everything within 2 days if they are very active.

Problem is that if Empire Kuwal gets it's own space on the infobar, then the infobar will be 2 rows high. It's already pretty cramped, and with higher kuwal values it will be much more cramped.

With the added information that has been supplied elsewhere on income I will change my suggestion around a bit.

If income from the home planet cannot be farmed and we can only use Kuwal from the Bank I am confused by the fact that we have to go to the bank simply to bank it before we can spend it. I would suggest that income that comes from the home planet as well as income that arrives from the other planets is automatically banked. Any Income that cannot be banked because the bank is full should be farmable.

This would mean that only two amounts of Kuwal need to be shown on the infobar, Farmable income and safe Kuwal in the bank. Farmable income could then be displayed in Yellow and Bank Kuwal in Blue. Bank Kuwal could be displayed in red when the bank becomes full.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:57 pm

J1nx wrote:my opinion... reduce the number of spies u start with to perhaps 1000... my income and UP is so low in the beginning that it would take several days of investment into spy tech/training just to be able to see the defenses of others to determine who wld be safe to farm

I realised this is a problem, and I think it could be because the covert you need to see someone might have been lowered to 67% before you needed only 50% I guess. This will have to be improved.

Also
I think the problem is that spy races who have 30 points in covert got +60% and special resources give another +10%. Maybe it will not be a bad idea to give bonus points to people only after they log in once after each round, so that inactives have weaker stats and can not only be seen but also farmed better.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next