Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet more Images

+3
buhcoreTheGreat
Nimras
seaborgium
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sweet more Images - Page 2 Empty Re: Sweet more Images

Post by Admin Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Nimras wrote:All phones own browser plus Opera Mini and the bigger smartphone versions all tells a homepage they are a phone browser.
really, that's new. I'll ask might be a stupid question, it's stored as a binary value and is an internet standard for all phones?
I am not aware of such a value however you are welcome to enlighten me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm

The only thing I can find is the user agent, but its still crap, you have to keep a list somewhere.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:05 pm

seaborgium wrote:The only thing I can find is the user agent, but its still crap, you have to keep a list somewhere.
that's what would be my shot since that's the only actually known accessible identifier

hence the part about a dynamically created and updated list, nothing hardwritten.
actually my bet would be that a mysql query is quicker than a run through a list of variables using foreach.
ok, foreach might be faster if you're checking for 3-6 possible values. but for doing 20-40+ variables, a query is definitely faster hands down, i dont think I even need to run a test to confirm that.

but whatever, i'm always willing to learn from a pro
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:31 pm

seaborgium wrote:not all phones do that....

Well all newer cell phones doese that i know off.

Admin wrote:
Nimras wrote:All phones own browser plus Opera Mini and the bigger smartphone versions all tells a homepage they are a phone browser.
really, that's new. I'll ask might be a stupid question, it's stored as a binary value and is an internet standard for all phones?
I am not aware of such a value however you are welcome to enlighten me.

Well that i actually haven't checked i just know this because of a friend who had same problem as you for his homepage.

He told me he found this out thanks being because he works in a Phone company where they live selling the mobile phones and testing them and stuff like that i ask him.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2