Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenzu's Question...

+2
Kingofshinobis1
kingkongfan1
6 posters

Go down

Kenzu's Question... Empty Kenzu's Question...

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Kenzu wrote:
btw, do you have any idea why people register but most of them don't bother logging in a second time? Why do you think it is this way?

Honestly I do not know for sure 100%, but I have a theory on that very Question. Lets take me for example... AW is the very first online mmorpg that I have ever played, & I like it a lot, but it is VERY slow paced, & I have a LOT of free time, so I have been checking out other games in the slow periods of AW. Unfortunately the only way to check out new games is to register & play them for a bit... I cannot tell you how many games I have registered to play & have never gone back. (it's more than I can count when I'm nekked). So my theory goes something like this, people sign up to check the game out, & for whatever realize that the game is not for them, (there are 1,000's of reasons why anyone couldn't play any of the millions o games that are online) so do not take it personal, if there were some way to check out games (play) without having to register, it might cut down on the number of people who register to check out the game, then realize that for whatever reason, it is not for them, then never come back... Just My Thoughts on this subject...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Kenzu's Question... Empty Re: Kenzu's Question...

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm

You mean like a trial run with a guest acc? I like the idea but if it would mess up AE, then I don't want it.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Maybe have it so that they get 3 days then it affects AE

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:56 pm

seaborgium wrote:Maybe have it so that they get 3 days then it affects AE

I was thinking more along the lines of a guest acc where, after a few days it gets deleted and then they can either choose to play or not.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:47 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
btw, do you have any idea why people register but most of them don't bother logging in a second time? Why do you think it is this way?

Honestly I do not know for sure 100%, but I have a theory on that very Question. Lets take me for example... AW is the very first online mmorpg that I have ever played, & I like it a lot, but it is VERY slow paced, & I have a LOT of free time, so I have been checking out other games in the slow periods of AW. Unfortunately the only way to check out new games is to register & play them for a bit... I cannot tell you how many games I have registered to play & have never gone back. (it's more than I can count when I'm nekked). So my theory goes something like this, people sign up to check the game out, & for whatever realize that the game is not for them, (there are 1,000's of reasons why anyone couldn't play any of the millions o games that are online) so do not take it personal, if there were some way to check out games (play) without having to register, it might cut down on the number of people who register to check out the game, then realize that for whatever reason, it is not for them, then never come back... Just My Thoughts on this subject...

Sounds reasonable. But wouldnt you need a couple days to figure a game out? I mean not always it is clear what the game is like if you dont play it longer.

Good there is a reset server now which is fast paced.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Good there is a reset server now which is fast paced.

Ok???,,, Not exactly sure what you mean by this statement. As I am down 4 weeks from everyone else playing ATM, reset has become a stats building game now, I login 3-4 times a day to train a few whatevers, bank & log out. thats about it, maybe 20 minutes out of 24 hours that I spend on reset, faster pace has = less play time for me. I spend between 4 & 10 hours on main sometimes, As I said earlier, I have a LOT of free time... any way I am patiently waiting next round in reset, I am anxious to see the tweeks & changes...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Reset server isn't anything like main now. So you can't say "They can play reset and if they like it come to main"

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:25 pm

Hopefully reset will be changing alot more next round as this round has shown its share of faults in the set up.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Kenzu wrote:
If anyone masses members of TOC, all TOC alliances and allies will obviously come to aid to take out the agressor.
I hope this answers your questions

whether you realize it or not; the statement above has a lot to do with people leaving the game, you would be a lot better off leaving it to a 1v1 situation rather than the whole alliance ripping a single player apart. otherwise all you are doing is pissing people off & then they quit the game. but then again, I'm not the one who doesn't seem to understand why this game cannot draw & keep new players...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:26 pm

some people leave this game because of that reason king, and also because they thought this was a war game, not a game-with-billion-rules
me personally am fine with normal farming policies but beyond that is too much, like raiding policies. if we see someone with ridiculous LARGE amount of UUs out, they DESERVE to get their defense eaten by rats.

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:41 pm

SovietMan wrote:some people leave this game because of that reason king, and also because they thought this was a war game, not a game-with-billion-rules
me personally am fine with normal farming policies but beyond that is too much, like raiding policies. if we see someone with ridiculous LARGE amount of UUs out, they DESERVE to get their defense eaten by rats.

you need to reread the Adaren raiding policy thread again, as it was your empire,(T.o.C.) that came up with the policy to begin with, to protect (T.o.C.) empire members, so get p.o.'d with them... I nor anyone else had anything to do with it...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:45 pm

yeah i think that thread is stupid. im ignoring it now. they don't need to make a specific policy about this. if someone attacks someone's defence, it's an act of war, no matter the intention..right? so why make this policy? =/

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 pm

soviet i think you are in the wrong alliance.

You made my day, I thank you for that.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 pm

SovietMan wrote:yeah i think that thread is stupid. im ignoring it now. they don't need to make a specific policy about this. if someone attacks someone's defence, it's an act of war, no matter the intention..right? so why make this policy? =/

I agree 100% with you... Surprised
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum