Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Market changes

3 posters

Go down

Galactic Market changes Empty Galactic Market changes

Post by Admin Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Trading fee of 3% removed (happened a few weeks back)
Max fee when withdrawing offers which didn't get accepted by others was reduced to 5% (happened a few weeks back)
Adding and updating offers will become active on average in 5 hours, was average of 12 hours before.
The Galactic Market will not accept rates that are too low or too high to have a chance of getting accepted by other players and are meant to be legitimate trades (added yesterday)
Galactic market displays the boundary of acceptable rates. If you are doing honest trading then chances are you should never feel any adverse effect from this.

Should you place a trade that is ok at the time but because of growing rates becomes "bad", it will still remain on the market ready to be accepted by others.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Galactic Market changes Empty Re: Galactic Market changes

Post by Nomad Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Admin wrote:Trading fee of 3% removed (happened a few weeks back)
Max fee when withdrawing offers which didn't get accepted by others was reduced to 5% (happened a few weeks back)
Adding and updating offers will become active on average in 5 hours, was average of 12 hours before.
The Galactic Market will not accept rates that are too low or too high to have a chance of getting accepted by other players and are meant to be legitimate trades (added yesterday)
Private market displays the boundary of acceptable rates. If you are doing honest trading then chances are you should never feel any adverse effect from this.

Should you place a trade that is ok at the time but because of growing rates becomes "bad", it will still remain on the market ready to be accepted by others.

define what is too high or too low, an actual numerical value please

again I ask, what is "the private market"? there is NOTHING listed in the game by that name. This will and is causing confusion.

If you mean Galactic market then please call it so. Below is an excet of the market right now

Galactic Private Market
Buy Kuwal with your Untrained
Displaying up to 4 best Offers
You receive You pay Rate
34,000,000,000 Kuwal 200,000 Untrained [1:170,000]
3,300,000,000 Kuwal 20,000 Untrained [1:165,000]
1,638,000,000 Kuwal 10,920 Untrained [1:150,000]
3,599,960,000 Kuwal 25,714 Untrained [1:140,000]
Pay Untrained
to receive 34,000,000,000 Kuwal

Buy Untrained with your Kuwal
Displaying up to 4 best Offers
You receive You pay Rate
520,000 Untrained 88,400,000,000 Kuwal [1:170,000]
318,703 Untrained 55,773,025,000 Kuwal [1:175,000]
100,000 Untrained 17,750,000,000 Kuwal [1:177,500]
90,000 Untrained 15,975,000,000 Kuwal [1:177,500]

Note the price for selling and for buying are EXACTLY the same at 1 : 170,000 rate so what is the boundary and where is it displayed? Is it the 1: 140,000 to 1: 177,500 that is the far ends of the spread? This displays only the best 4? what of the other offers?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Nomad wrote:again I ask, what is "the private market"? there is NOTHING listed in the game by that name. This will and is causing confusion.
I call it the private market because that's the url of the file. so yes there is plenty of things listed in the game by that name.

you see the acceptable rate when adding offers
if i say a numerical value now i'll have people coming back to me in two months telling me that the rate that is shown on the galactic market is very far away from the rate i've named here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:again I ask, what is "the private market"? there is NOTHING listed in the game by that name. This will and is causing confusion.
I call it the private market because that's the url of the file. so yes there is plenty of things listed in the game by that name.

you see the acceptable rate when adding offers
if i say a numerical value now i'll have people coming back to me in two months telling me that the rate that is shown on the galactic market is very far away from the rate i've named here.

Then change the ingame name to match what you have it named in a place no one can see but you. Thats kinna foolish isnt it?

so you can't say 10 or 20% above or below present acceptable value? then how is it set? manually?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Nomad wrote:so you can't say 10 or 20% above or below present acceptable value? then how is it set? manually?
oh % yes i can
between 45% and 220% of the acceptable value
plenty of space for speculating with prices, not as extremely much to abuse for "offside" transfers should the situation happen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:29 pm

TY
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:45 pm

oh i hadn't thought about loppsided trades bah

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down