Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Rate

4 posters

Go down

Death Rate Empty Death Rate

Post by Kenzu Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Unit Production on Aderan Wars will most likely grow by +1.000 per upgrade, no matter how high they are. This has been made possible only due to the natural death rate of 1%, which will slow down the growth of players in a similar way like Administrative Efficiency.

What are your thoughts on it?

It's likely that all players will start with 1 million population and 10.000 unit production (0 growth), OR 100.000 population and 1.000 unit production.

What are your thoughts on it?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Death Rate Empty Re: Death Rate

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Sounds just like Chaos server on SGW, the system works.

Will it be the same as SGW were you make a monitary commitment to alter the deathrate?

if it cant be changed in some manner, then whats the point? if it never increases or decreases its rather useless isnt it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:37 pm

I am not familiar with the system on Chaos server on SGW. Paying cash to alter the deathrate will definitely not be possible. Most likely the deathrate will remain constant, however there is the possibility that a lower death rate can be researched one day.

The main purpose of the death rate is to combat hyperinflation which is typical for browser games. Players will for example not end up with 100 million population after 5 years because to achieve such a high population they would need to have a unit production of 1 million.

The deathrate will decrease the relative population gap between players, which also prevents a technology gap to widen too fast.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:55 pm

ummm, if it never fluctuates and cant be altered then it useless???

What am I missing?

if you start at 10K UP and that = 0 growth, then there is no difference, you started at 0 just like every other game? You buy 1 UP you get 1. Everyone will just base everything off of +10K up

so a 15000 UP will = a 5K up?

I really dont get it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Nomad wrote:ummm, if it never fluctuates and cant be altered then it useless???

What am I missing?

if you start at 10K UP and that = 0 growth, then there is no difference, you started at 0 just like every other game? You buy 1 UP you get 1. Everyone will just base everything off of +10K up

so a 15000 UP will = a 5K up?

I really dont get it?

Deathrate of 1% means that the bigger your population the more people will die.

Let's say you have a 1 million population and have a unit production of 30.000
this means your population will grow by +20.000 per day.
Once you reach 2 million population it will be growing slower, at 10.000 per day.
Close to 3 million population, it will be growing at almost 0 population per day.

If you reach your limit at 3 million population and don't increase your unit production, then your population will not increase. If you buy 100.000 units, they will be slowly dying. This will influence uu prices and since 1 uu cannot produce infinite amount of kuwal anymore, inflation will be much lower. You might buy 100.000 units, and they will be dying until after 100 days you have only 36.600 of them left.

Since 0 population and 20.000 unit production gives higher unit production than 1 million population and 20.000 unit production, more people will be interested in selling their uu, than now. Obviously, the price of a uu will always be lower than what it can produce in its lifetime.

Do you see the difference between 0 death rate and 1% deathrate now?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Yes, makes much more sense now, so increasing your population will basicly also force you to increase your UP to maintain a positive growth ratio?

sounds like a good system.

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 am

Nomad wrote:Yes, makes much more sense now, so increasing your population will basicly also force you to increase your UP to maintain a positive growth ratio?

sounds like a good system.

In the beginning yes,
when you are big, not necessarily.

At any UU market price there will always be a point where buying UU will make more sense than increasing UP.
If increasing up gives you a return on investment in 30 days and buying UU already after 25 days, then you will obviously buy UU.

Especially for huge players I can imagine it will make sense to buy UU, even if they die, because the income they produce will more than pay back for the UU and still be higher than UP benefits. Of course this will happen only after reaching a certain up, maybe an up of 40.000 or 60.000
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:50 am

What kind of units would die? If attack / defence units die of old age, do their weapons die with them? Do you need to retrain units that die of old age, and is that only relevant if your UP is below 1% of your armysize?

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:54 am

Jiro wrote:What kind of units would die? If attack / defence units die of old age, do their weapons die with them? Do you need to retrain units that die of old age, and is that only relevant if your UP is below 1% of your armysize?

As long as Unit Production is higher than number of dead units per day, only untrained will be dying.

As soon as Unit Production is lower than number of dying units, then a proportion of all units will die. For example if additional 100 units must die each day, and you have 80% farmers, 5% attackers 5% defenders 5% spies 5% assassins, then you will lose 80 farmers, and 5 of each other class.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Kenzu wrote:
As long as Unit Production is higher than number of dead units per day, only untrained will be dying.

As soon as Unit Production is lower than number of dying units, then a proportion of all units will die. For example if additional 100 units must die each day, and you have 80% farmers, 5% attackers 5% defenders 5% spies 5% assassins, then you will lose 80 farmers, and 5 of each other class.
That would mean the extra farmers would have to work very hard in order to pay for the dying attack supers. Don't think an income of 50 Kuwal per turn will do that. Nor even 70 for that matter. (Haven't done the math's though.)
Makes for an interesting kind of massing inactives: just send a bunch of untrained and watch the defence supers die Wink. Oh, I forgot, sending resources will be removed soon.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Thought about this today at work, it has an added benifit of helping those who got massed as lowering your total population will actually increase your UP, so it allows you to rebuild much faster.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Yes, this will help the massed ones recover and will increase the chances of a revenge war. At the same time if you reached your natural limit, ie dont grow because your death rate eats up your unit production, you might incline more to start a war to not only gather war experience and medals, but also to allow to benefit from your UP more.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:01 am

I guess that an option, I think that line of thinking is "foolish" myself but everyone needs to cut loose from time to time.

I hope you guys make atleast 1 game without ME hunters in it but whatever.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:28 pm

What do you mean by "ME hunters"?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Kenzu wrote:What do you mean by "ME hunters"?

"Military Experience Hunters"

I.E. people who play just to get a high war record or just to hurt other players accs

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:What do you mean by "ME hunters"?

"Military Experience Hunters"

I.E. people who play just to get a high war record or just to hurt other players accs

and since you have linked main and reset, if you do the same here it may have the same effect. People play only to kill stuff to gain bonuses on main.

ME is the SGW term used for war records, war experiance, military experiance, or what ever its called in AW
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum