Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance color and CSS - How does it work, what is or isn't allowed.

+4
Kingofshinobis1
Vesper
Nomad
seaborgium
8 posters

Go down

Alliance color and CSS - How does it work, what is or isn't allowed. Empty Alliance color and CSS - How does it work, what is or isn't allowed.

Post by seaborgium Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:04 pm

To change the color of your alliance name do the following:

click alliance
click change alliance details

To make your alliance name red and bold, use the following code:

Code:
<span style="color:red;font-weight:bold">Your_Alliance_Name</span>

(Whitespaces are NOT ALLOWED in the alliance name, but they are NECESSARY inbetween the "span style" words)

Your alliance will appear like this: Your_Alliance_Name

To change the color simply replace "red" with any other color you want.
You can look up different color names by googling "HTML color names"
The colors you can use are many, such as chocolate brown mauve oceanblue limegreenbrick gold silver chevrolet and so on.

You can use the same strategy for your message of the day.
To change message of the day, you click Account Settings and change the text in the "Personal Message" field.

--------------------------------------------
I can teach you how to use multi shadow codes.
Dont forget to remove all white space in this example

1. value = The X-ccordinate
2. value = The Y-coordinate
3. value = The blur radius
4. value = The color of the shadow

The third value, the blur radius, is an optional value which can be specified but don’t have to. It’s the amount of pixels the text is stretched which causes a blur effect. If you don’t use the third value it is threated as if you sepcified a blur radius of zero.

The basic code will look like this:
< span style="text-shadow:5px 5px 5px blue">cool right?< /span>
cool right?

More advanced code will look like this:
< span style="text-shadow: 0 0 4px #ccc, 0 -5px 4px #ff3, 2px -10px 6px #fd3, -2px -15px 11px #f80, 2px -18px 18px #f20">whatever you want to type< /span>

this is called multi shadowing text

In theory you can add as many as you would like. The one above has 4 shadows stacked upon one another.
To get even more advanced you can make your shadows animated. Though I will not get into that yet. I have not mastered it myself.

If you would like to know more about multi shadowing text then this URL will help you out a lot:
click here to go to the source

The above section has been added so that players who have never used code before can apply it and change their alliance name colors.
--------------------------------------------

How to use the styles for your Name, Alliance name, and MOTD. I am going to give just a small portion of what can be done. I will try my best to get them all Razz Admin doesn't allow spaces in the span tag, there are some that are directly blocked, anything that can not be used/should not be used will have a be stricken. I will try and mark the ones that can be used where, after each command I will mark down:

N - Name
A - Alliance name
M - MOTD

The Whole Shebang
background - M - This isn't recommended by admin.
background:url(images/poobah.gif);
background-attachment - M
  • inherit
  • scroll (default) - the background image will scroll with the rest of the content.
  • fixed - the background image will remain stationary as the rest of the content is scolled.

background-color - M
background-image
background-position - M
  • right
  • bottom
  • left
  • center

background-repeat - M
  • inherit
  • repeat (default) - tiled, repeating the image both horizontally and vertically.
  • repeat-x - repeating the image horizontally only.
  • repeat-y - repeating the image vertically only.
  • no-repeat - not repeating the image at all, showing just one instance.

border
border-collapse
border-color - M
  • transparent
  • border-color can have:
    • one value, such as red, to specify the color of the entire border
    • two values, such as red blue, to specify the color of top/bottom (first value) and right/left (second value) borders
    • three values, such as red blue green, to specify the color of top (first value), right/left (second value) and bottom (third value) borders
    • four values, such as red blue green black, to specify the color of top, right, bottom and left borders respectively

border-spacing - M
  • one value such as 5px to specify spacing on all sides
  • two values such as 5px 10px to specify the horizontal (first value) and vertical (second value) spacing

border-style - M
  • border-style - specifies the style of an element's complete border.
  • border-top-style - specifies the style of an element's top border.
  • border-right-style - specifies the style of an element's right border.
  • border-bottom-style - specifies the style of an element's bottom border.
  • border-left-style - specifies the style of an element's left border.

• none - no border.
  • dotted - A series of dots (IE will display this as dashes if the border width is one pixel).
  • dashed - A series of dashes.
  • solid - A solid line.
  • double - Two solid lines.
  • groove - Patterned border that is supposed to represent a carved groove (opposite of ridge). Renders differently in different browsers.
  • ridge - Patterned border that is supposed to represent an embossed ridge (opposite of groove). Renders differently in different browsers.
  • inset - Patterned border that is supposed to represent an inset depression (opposite of outset). Renders differently in different browsers.
  • outset - Patterned border that is supposed to represent an outset extrusion (opposite of inset). Renders differently in different browsers.
  • hidden - Used with tables. Same as "none", except where there are conflicting borders. Not supported by IE.
  • border-style can have:
    • one value, such as solid, to specify the style of the entire border
    • two values, such as solid dotted, to specify the style of top/bottom (first value) and right/left (second value) borders
    • three values, such as solid dotted dashed, to specify the style of top (first value), right/left (second value) and bottom (third value) borders
    • four values, such as solid dotted dashed groove, to specify the style of top, right, bottom and left borders respectively

border-width - M
  • border-width - specifies the width of a boxes complete border.
  • border-top-width - specifies the width of a boxes top border.
  • border-right-width - specifies the width of a boxes right border.
  • border-bottom-width - specifies the width of a boxes bottom border.
  • border-left-width - specifies the width of a boxes left border.

• thin
  • medium
  • thick
  • border-width can have:
    • one value, such as 10px, to specify the width of the entire border
    • two values, such as 10px 5px, to specify the width of top/bottom (first value) and right/left (second value) borders
    • three values, such as 10px 5px 2px, to specify the width of top (first value), right/left (second value) and bottom (third value) borders
    • four values, such as 10px 5px 2px 1px, to specify the width of top, right, bottom and left borders respectively

bottom
blink
caption-side
clear
clip
color
content
counter-increment
counter-reset
cursor
direction
display
empty-cells
float
font
font-family
font-size - M
font-style
font-variant
font-weight
height
inline
left
letter-spacing
line-height
list-style
list-style-image
list-style-position
list-style-type
margin
max-height
max-width
min-height
min-width
orphans
outline
outline-color
outline-style
outline-width
overflow
padding
page-break-after
page-break-before
page-break-inside
position
quotes
right
table-layout
text-align
text-decoration
text-indent
text-transform
unicode-bidi
vertical-align
visibility
white-space
widows
width
word-spacing
z-index

Last edited by seaborgium on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : updating disabled CSS.)

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Alliance color and CSS - How does it work, what is or isn't allowed. Empty Re: Alliance color and CSS - How does it work, what is or isn't allowed.

Post by Nomad Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:53 am

All looks like Greek to me LOL
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Alliance color and CSS - How does it work, what is or isn't allowed. Empty Re: Alliance color and CSS - How does it work, what is or isn't allowed.

Post by Vesper Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:15 am

I am with SA. I manage basic span code and can make it work. I have no clue what you are saying...
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Looks like it is just a bunch of codes that are used in alliance names, motds, and names. It shows a lot of people just what they can do with their names and stuff Razz. Some of them I didn't even know.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Vesper wrote:I am with SA. I manage basic span code and can make it work. I have no clue what you are saying...

What you have is far from basic Wink

at lot of the code up there won't ever be used, or can't be. As you can see I still have a LONG way to go before that is done. I just wanted to get it posted for now.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 pm

I think the main problem is that it shows no working examples how to write something in a different style.
The explanation has to be such that a person who never coded anything in their life can use it.
Also, if a player wants to change the color of his alliance, he will not find this thread, because most people don't know what CSS is.

To make your alliance name or message colorful do the following:

click alliance

< span_style="color:red;font-weight:bold" >YourAllianceName< /span >

(You have to remove the whitespaces to make it work. I have added them so that you can see the code.)

Your alliance will appear like this: YourAllianceName

The colors you can use are many, such as chocolate brown mauve oceanblue limegreenbrick gold silver chevrolet and so on.

To change message of the day, you click Account Settings and change the text in the "Personal Message" field.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 pm

I can teach you how to use multi shadow codes.
Dont forget to remove all white space in this example

1. value = The X-ccordinate
2. value = The Y-coordinate
3. value = The blur radius
4. value = The color of the shadow

The third value, the blur radius, is an optional value which can be specified but don’t have to. It’s the amount of pixels the text is stretched which causes a blur effect. If you don’t use the third value it is threated as if you sepcified a blur radius of zero.

The basic code will look like this:
< span style="text-shadow:5px 5px 5px blue">cool right?< /span>
cool right?

More advanced code will look like this:
< span style="text-shadow: 0 0 4px #ccc, 0 -5px 4px #ff3, 2px -10px 6px #fd3, -2px -15px 11px #f80, 2px -18px 18px #f20">whatever you want to type< /span>

In theory you can add as many as you would like. The one above has 4 shadows stacked upon one another.
To get even more advanced you can make your shadows animated. Though I will not get into that yet. I have not mastered it myself.

If you would like to know more about multi shadowing text then this URL will help you out a lot:
click here to go to the source

I need help on animating shadows. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Last edited by Kingofshinobis1 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tried to do animated shadows)

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:44 pm

It looks awesome.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Kenzu wrote:I think the main problem is that it shows no working examples how to write something in a different style.
The explanation has to be such that a person who never coded anything in their life can use it.
Also, if a player wants to change the color of his alliance, he will not find this thread, because most people don't know what CSS is.

To make your alliance name or message colorful do the following:

click alliance

< span_style="color:red;font-weight:bold" >YourAllianceName< /span >

(You have to remove the whitespaces to make it work. I have added them so that you can see the code.)

Your alliance will appear like this: YourAllianceName

this is probably known already, but this also works in private messages as well...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 pm

btw thanks for the shadowing text Kingofshinobis.
Sara was wondering how to do it a couple days ago. You come at the right time!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 am

you know you could also just use the [ code ] tag

Code:
I am <span style="color: orange; font-weight=bold; font-variant: small caps">ACCEPTING OFFICERS</span>. My rates are top notch and will only be rising. One of the best incomes in the game.</span>
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 am

If you plan on posting then post something that makes sense and in the proper place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:42 pm

Is that better?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:23 pm

no it was a reply to r1maru's post which was completely uninteligible, sorry for not clarifying who was the target of the post
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 am

ahhhh sorry for the confusion, i didn't even realize he had posted Razz

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:17 am

Is there any other way to scale a particular character, without using font-size which is not allowed?

I want to scale my horse to 20px, like in my motd.

I'd appreciate any help.

Void.

PS. I've noticed that crossed alliance has used the font-size attribute, but I presume that it was used before being removed from the allowed attributes table?

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 am

font-size is the only way that I know of.
yes theres was that way before it was disabled.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:45 am

I think that z-index attribute doesn't work either, because it is used for images from what i know and images are not allowed.

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm

Code:
visibility:hidden
display:none
font-size:
text-decoration:blink
display:

This is a list of disallowed attributes and until further notice all MOTD, alliance names or anywhere else you can put in colors and fancy text will work on a blacklist basis.
If I find something that's disruptive then i'll blacklist it, if it's not on the list, chances are it should work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I hope you have all variables of these so no one can slip past these blocks Razz.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Css doesn't have variantions.

Anywa we could get you to reconsider display:
I can understand display:none.

I see you don't have background-image:url() listed yt it doesn't work.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down