Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Warcraft.

+6
curumo
Lucien Lachance
Admin
Vesper
Nomad
Sandwalker
10 posters

Go down

World of Warcraft. Empty World of Warcraft.

Post by Sandwalker Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Anyone else?

I'm a vanilla Rogue, a tbc warrior and a wotlk death knight.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

World of Warcraft. Empty Re: World of Warcraft.

Post by Nomad Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:01 am

never played, always thought id get addicted LOL
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 am

I am one of the few that tried WOW and didnt like the game. I played 4 or 5 days before I quit. I didnt like Starcraft (another Blizzard game) all that much either since I played Command and Conquer first. The new starcraft looks pretty good though.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:12 am

never tried it, wont play it

last real rpg i played was D2, then a bit of sacred (1+2) and fable but nothing caught me anymore as much as D2, though fable was very interesting to play too. So D2 and fable tie here. But wow, never liked the idea of paying to play per time, esp cos i'm not the type who'd like to spend hours over hours
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 am

Same here Admin, I like being able to walk away for a week, month, year and then come back or not. I played and enjoyed Fable, and played alot of C&C but can't say I heard of the other one. D2? I'll have to try to find it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:55 pm

diablo 2?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:30 pm

woudl like to try it, jsut cant afford it, would rather support this game....

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Admin wrote:diablo 2?

Ahhh, Just never heard it called that. Played alot of it.

still have it for PC
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:57 pm

80 horde shaman from Bladefist here Wink

I love the game mainly due to its lore. Been a fan since warcraft 1 ... will be a fan till the end of days Wink Blizzard is amazing imo Very Happy

Can't wait till both Cataclysm and Starcraft 2 ... unfortunately for that one I'll need a new comp ... anyone wanna donate? ^^

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm

curumo wrote:80 horde shaman from Bladefist here Wink

I love the game mainly due to its lore. Been a fan since warcraft 1 ... will be a fan till the end of days Wink Blizzard is amazing imo Very Happy

Can't wait till both Cataclysm and Starcraft 2 ... unfortunately for that one I'll need a new comp ... anyone wanna donate? ^^

SC2 is out already ( BETA ), if you play WoW you can get a free beta key. Blizzard failed on SC2 with new Battle.Net 2.0, the one from WC3 is really epic and it's the best network system ever made.

Last edited by buhcoreTheGreat on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Buhcore's posts should come with a disclaimer.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:27 pm

GM in WoW.

Know the games mechanic don't wanna play anymore after exspantion one has the game been NERFED TO MUCH.

Plus to many morrons playing who don't know how to play and don't know the game mechanics.

I mean i have had players asking not to get the Thorn BUFF because they still think it AGRO i mean come on it never agroed if we forget the bug in one of the updates that made it agro by mistake.

Then the fact not many knows how to play a Druid in the game which is sad because its the best class it can outtake and outdo any other class and if your Night Elf your even better steathed than anyone else ohh well.

I also find it wrong that now you can solo every dungeon in first WoW and almost all in the first exspantion now, the fact you can get into lvl 60 in less than 1 day of play i mean back when it was worth playing the very best of the best took 20 GAME days to become 60 no matter what and that was the best.

And my biggest concern about WoW is the fact they DID NOT STAY TRUE to the WARCRAFT STORIES. First of all the damn Portal is placed the wrong place in WoW. Second of all they go away from the books and Warcraft 3 especially when they wanna make a Warcraft 4 that should follow after the last WoW and they already killed off people they shouldn't by the books i mean COMEON. Ohh yes the Books are made by Blizzard self and they have confirmed WoW has to many mistakes hence why they are thinking of making WoW 2 which will follow the right path and will be after Warcraft 4. Lets see what happens.

Ohh well i left the game and I will proberly stay away. I am also Beta tester on every single game that Blizzard is making atm, I was on WoW, was on all exspantions, was on (is) still on SC2 and i will also be on D3 soon. Plus the SC2 which comes here soon and the next SC2 they talked about making beta for the 2 next sc2 releses..

The reason i mention SC2 3 times is because what many don't know which i find strange is SC2 will be sold 3 times.

First time will be with 30 Single player Missions for Terran. Will have multiplayer with all 3 races.
Second time will be 30 single player missions for Protoss or Zerg i can't remember which of if they have told i haven't been following that so much.
And Third time gives it self the last 30 single player missions for the last race.

So yeh i have played WoW and as stating not counting on comming back but i am still GM in it.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Druid can outdo any class? While I agree it can be a better healer than a warrior or a better tank than a shaman, I doubt it can outperform role for role.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:33 pm

It's the player ... not the class Wink All classes are perfectly good for healers (except Discc priests who ninja heals and are OP) and all classes can be top dps (except feral kitty and huntard - those two are just no ... OP)... or am I wrong?

Hmm nimras you're a GM on WoW? That's just cool! Very Happy

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:32 am

I've outdpsed ICC geared warlocks/warriors/huntards/retadins/(even)kitties with my blue HC blood dk while farming emblems. In newagewow talk, I've outdpsed 5500 gs players (granted not quite ICC mandatory but they had the gear) with my 4000 gs dk.

And that wasn't because my dk was awesome. It was because they were crappy players that had no clue about their own class or their rotations. And while yes, druids tend to be OP on a specific build at all times (remember the bears or the BOOMkins?) it's mine and others' general belief that hybrid classes should not outperform pure classes. At most they should equal their pure counterparts.

I mean if I have a change of heart with my rogue (which can't really be outdpsed atm) and want to tank or heal, I have to level a whole new character and waste maybe 200-300 emblems / 1000 shards to do it right and fast.

Also, about people soloing vanilla content ... that's just normal, considering the scaling and gear inflation. I mean, who in vanilla would have dreamed they could get to 50k HP and not have to be a bear to do it? That's just to be expected in old games. It's super stupid to not see it coming or consider it a fail. As far as lore goes, I really enjoy playing on RP / RPPVP realms and roleplaying the shit out of my troll. But I'm not that anal as to spoil my fun just because Illidan died. Sure they could have made him escape at the last moment or get banished or whatnot at the end of BT, but that would just have robbed players the satisfaction of actually finishing the expansion content.

Furthermore, why get so uptight about things being easier? Tell you what, go get that lv 70 TBC RP gear you farmed in BT and stuff and go do TOC/Ulduar equipped in that. I'm sure it will be more of a challenge than going 6k gs minmaxed and you'll get to brag about it as well.

In closing, there have always been retards in WoW, it's the price for being so big. It's impossible not to get a huge chunk of the HurrDurr nation. Just get in a good guild, turn /say and /barrenschat off and enjoy.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:26 am

Sandwalker wrote:Anyone else?

I'm a vanilla Rogue, a tbc warrior and a wotlk death knight.

Does it mean you started playing only recently?

I thought the game doesnt have much more newcommers, because all the people who wanted to play it, started playing it long time ago.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:36 am

Lol ok.

A Druid in Cat form out perform everyone in DPS no question asked. NO ONE CAN BEAT IT.

In Bear Form you have the best ARMOR, HEALTH and DAMAGE of all tanks you find.

As healer you outheal anyone no matter how you build other classes you outheal them plus the fact you can resurrect in war.

In Balance you can build your druid to out damage all spell casters and also do more DOT than any Warlock in the game or Shaman.

It just takes 4 different gears to do it proberly and offcourse you willing to spend your talent points correctly.

The Druid has the best BUFF in the game also.

The fact is if people has followed the updates Blizzard has NERFED the DRUID TIME AFTER TIME AFTER TIME and they still haven't managed to make it a class like the others.

If you know how to play a druid then depending on what talents you take and if you know what type of gear to get will you basicly outperform all the other classes no question asked.

You would also win against all other classes in PVP.

The problem is since you only can do 2 Talents type meaning you either go Balance/Feral, Balance/Restoration or Feral/Restoration. That means you have either the damn best Spellcaster Class and Tank/Rouge class, Spellcaster class and Healer Class or best Tank/Rogue class and Healer Class.

Cat is a Rouge but it also has the damn best DPS what many people don't know is it TAKES all your Strenght plus Agility times it with 2 and that just some of your Damage plus the fact the cat hit every second no matter what meaning the bigger Damage the better DPS. This is just one of the many things that adds to what make the cat outdo anyone in DPS.

Bear it looks at Armor, Stamina and Damage and buff it big time making you outdamage all tanks in the game with almost 30 - 40% more health and Armor anyone of them can get even more than the new class Death Knight.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 am

Like I said, Druid has always "suffered" of a form or two of OP. Right now, the most obvious is the kitty. I mean apart from 2button muti rogues, I haven't really seen anything competing with it. Also, bears NEED the armor and HP (not gonna explain why they need damage as well) because they lack the avoidance/block of the other tanks, not to mention the anti-casters tanking the DK can do.

I myself prefer the warrior, just started one and am tanking everything in sight. I love having 11 buttons on the twelve numpad slots of my naga at level 29. I love the warrior's mechanics and I enjoy setting the pace of the run. Hell, I've done RFK at 29 with 2 dpsers with me and no healer and I ended up doing ~55% of the total damage and never dropping below 50% or using bandages/pots.

I have also enjoyed playing druids. I really have. It's just that I've never been drawn to them. Also, the fact that I HAVE to be a cow to play druid has been a turnoff as well.

@Kenzu: I started playing a while back, had a few accounts, I am on a relatively new account now and I have a friend that just started playing a week ago. Afaik, there are always newbies or lowbies to play with on your way to the top, though there are less and less heirloomless around these days.

World of Warcraft. 9c4d12661277177660

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Sandwalker wrote:Like I said, Druid has always "suffered" of a form or two of OP. Right now, the most obvious is the kitty. I mean apart from 2button muti rogues, I haven't really seen anything competing with it. Also, bears NEED the armor and HP (not gonna explain why they need damage as well) because they lack the avoidance/block of the other tanks, not to mention the anti-casters tanking the DK can do.

I myself prefer the warrior, just started one and am tanking everything in sight. I love having 11 buttons on the twelve numpad slots of my naga at level 29. I love the warrior's mechanics and I enjoy setting the pace of the run. Hell, I've done RFK at 29 with 2 dpsers with me and no healer and I ended up doing ~55% of the total damage and never dropping below 50% or using bandages/pots.

I have also enjoyed playing druids. I really have. It's just that I've never been drawn to them. Also, the fact that I HAVE to be a cow to play druid has been a turnoff as well.

@Kenzu: I started playing a while back, had a few accounts, I am on a relatively new account now and I have a friend that just started playing a week ago. Afaik, there are always newbies or lowbies to play with on your way to the top, though there are less and less heirloomless around these days.

World of Warcraft. 9c4d12661277177660

Well m8 the thing is the Druid no matter what outclass all the other classes in everything if you know how to play but as you correctly say i have found pretty much very few players who knows how to play a druid i am one of them.

But if you know then no matter what class you come with the Druid can be build to do everything better but it takes time and knowledge.

But like i said i don't play anymore i just stick with being Gm as i have no reason to pay for the game.

I actually hope they do the same thing as they have with Lord of the rings online. A one time fee of 75 pounds i recall it is and you have a lifetime play you never have to pay again not even when exspantions come thats something worth while. Unfutually i can't afford that either.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Osyndicate Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Not once has my PVE geared pally ever been beaten in PVP by a druid, especially PVP geared ones. You could blame this on lack in their skills as an 80 arena go-er.

And saying that a druid in cat form can out dps any other class is a massive overstatement. I bet you 9/10 that the highest DPS on your server is a mage, and most of the top 10 are, throw in a pally, and if you're lucky, a rogue or a warrior. And in my experience, 1v1 a rogue can and will stomp ANYTHING that isn't prepared (Too much pvp here).

Also, I must say that in the rare case I am doing dps/healz, and I despise bear-tanks, they CANNOT keep enough aggro, and if you have the motley crue of a mage/lock/huntard you are going to need some godly healz to keep that party alive.

HOWEVER, Druids are right up there with Priests for healz, as long as each/either are specced correctly and know whats up.

Now to a less flammable topic, WHO IS READY FOR CATACLYSM? sp?

Also, what I have said it not supposed to have any sting, and tbh my first toon was a druid, super fun, but I have moved on and they are not for me, and I have a few problems with them (Like any other thing in the game~class/race/area/arena/instance/etc.).
Osyndicate
Osyndicate
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : Syndicate
SS Currently Active.
Alliance : World Republic.
Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-05-02

http://google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum