Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporter Status

+16
Casshern
Zarakai Kenpachi
rflash
Halaryel
Renegade
Dark Bahamut
Kenzu
Lord Pegasus
chaos
David Bliss
Nomad
stars
scor
Mad King George
Admin
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Get Supporter Status released?

Supporter Status Vote_lcap18%Supporter Status Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 7 ]
Supporter Status Vote_lcap13%Supporter Status Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
Supporter Status Vote_lcap15%Supporter Status Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Supporter Status Vote_lcap54%Supporter Status Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 22 ]

Total Votes : 40

Supporter Status Empty Supporter Status

Post by Admin Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:54 am

A number of people asked me when SS would come out. I personally didn't want to get it out so soon because of the implications for how the players percieve the game and how it will affect the game itself. However after the first month has passed at least I see little reason to postpone it, unless the players do not wish to have it out that soon.

[Previous Post]
Ok, main currency in this game is EUR, i'll probably give option to pay with USD, but not sure

You can choose from the following:
Basic Supporter Status which gives ability to transfer resources. You get neither any extra resources nor TCP (temporary council protection)
Buying protection for 2 days
Full Supporter Status which gives a moderate amount of resources, the ability to transfer resources and 2 day ppt.
Ultimate Supporter status gives a nice load of resources, the ability to transfer resources and 3 day ppt.

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:20 am; edited 4 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Supporter Status Empty Re: Supporter Status

Post by Mad King George Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:48 pm

awesome probably buy ultimate for once

Mad King George
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scor Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:29 am

You say here TCP (Temporary council protection) and PPT from SGW (Planetary Protect Treaty) [or something like that].

But back in business, I think those "shields" are given too less. 3 day for 30e and 2 days for 15e.... those should be more (just mine opinion).

scor
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:18 am

some people want to make money
some people want to make game enjoyable

If it covers my costs, then i'm glad
If some peanuts stay over, then i'll be even happier

I'm gonna limit it anyway that you cannot use more than one 2 day protection per week (either the one with market or bought)

Besides i am not sure how much people will buy it/how much i'll need to pay later for server when the game grows large.
So there is still a possibility that prices will change

4 day ppt (if you pay money each week) is more than enough
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:20 am

vote, the people have a voice, lets give them an option
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stars Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:14 am

i vote march because make everyone wait for bonus boosts before anything crazy happens

stars
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : THE IMPERIUM EMPIRE
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:32 pm

I voted 4 months, but honestly wish it was 6.

I am a strong supporter of donations, but also know how it can be abused, especial early in a game.

If you do allow it, please limit it for the first 4 to 6 months. It will hurt you on cost to begin with, but abused USS will lower your player base at first as a game thats 1 or 2 moths old, having players 1000times stronger then most is detramental to game health, escpecially when those players start throwing their weight around. this game has a slow starting point, high cost, and low income. The first few months will be the most difficult and the most dangerous. Seeing a 2 day old account zoom past your 3 month old account will be a bitter pill to swallow.

FTR I will buy a USS, because I do belive in supporting games I play.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by David Bliss Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:41 pm

I belive you should allow it in 1 month, but keep it limited because players with money will abuse it in the beginning but like nomad said.
David Bliss
David Bliss
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:57 pm

you need to wait till the effect of buying the resources does not create too much of a gap betwen those who wont/cant buy the SS.

iv put 4 months down, bute really i luv to see games where you cant buy resources as its truly skill of the account owner not $$$ in pocket. The only real part of the ss that people need in the enxt few months is the ability to trade with other users, as this can help the smaller players/less experience to keep up with the experienced.
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:21 pm

Btw this is a game unlike any other available meaning we are also left with even more options (many undiscovered ones)

Releasing SS will have a big impact on the game, i'm fully aware of that. Hence also the reason why it has not yet even been coded even though the game's technically been already running for over 6 months (4 of which it's accessible online).
I agree that a pure cash market will have an even bigger impact on the game, just like the normal ingame market. That's why the latter has not been activated (even though fully coded as beta testers can confirm) and why the first will get released a good while after SS is out.

And now a suggestion, what about releasing Basic SS (giving only the ability to trade, NO protection, NO extra resources) beginning of march.

Then another 2-4 months later releasing the Normal and Ultimate SS where users who have Basic SS can upgrade to the better version (receiving the protection and the resources coming with it) by only paying the difference in cost between Basic SS and the one they'd want to buy.

Random example: Basic SS costing 10 USD and someone buys it.
2-4 Months later when other SS types are released and Ultimate SS costs 50 USD, said person only pays another 40 USD and receives full benefits of the Ultimate SS

People are welcome to suggest other alternative options if they think they got some (maybe something like temporary SS, you pay 5 USD and you get transfer ability for 1 year (Random time) (maybe instead of a permanent one or also parallel to a permanent one), can get easily labelled as such on an account so that people don't try to sell you an account with permanent SS which only actually has temporary SS, so that's not gonna be an issue)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pegasus Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:08 am

so do you mean ,if you release the cheap one for transfer ability , that those who want to get the ultimate ( intended to get ultimate not basic ) that they would get a credit ... so to speak

also , i voted feb , but after reading the messages i dont want it so soon, i will buy USS , for sure but i dont want my hard work to be out done by , by someone who buys USS after USS just to get the resources to increase their rank

Last edited by Lord Pegasus on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had a read of post above)

Lord Pegasus
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 10
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:59 pm

if the SS gets released i'll most likely limit its purchase to 2 or so per week per person and only 1 of the two for themselves. (So a person can either buy 2 SS for others, or one for themselves and one for some other person, but not both of them for themselves within 1 week)

and yes i'll most likely wait with the USS, so maybe basic ss would be in 2-3 months and then the normal and ultimate after another 1-2 months
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:23 pm

I have voted for February, because I think 30 days is enough to make the game stable enough.

Nevertheless I think only basic supporter status should be allowed to be purchased in February.

Supporter status which gives additional units shouldn't be released on February though, but one month later, on the 1st of March.

That's my opinion on SS.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:01 am

Admin wrote:Btw this is a game unlike any other available meaning we are also left with even more options (many undiscovered ones)

Releasing SS will have a big impact on the game, i'm fully aware of that. Hence also the reason why it has not yet even been coded even though the game's technically been already running for over 6 months (4 of which it's accessible online).
I agree that a pure cash market will have an even bigger impact on the game, just like the normal ingame market. That's why the latter has not been activated (even though fully coded as beta testers can confirm) and why the first will get released a good while after SS is out.

And now a suggestion, what about releasing Basic SS (giving only the ability to trade, NO protection, NO extra resources) beginning of march.

Then another 2-4 months later releasing the Normal and Ultimate SS where users who have Basic SS can upgrade to the better version (receiving the protection and the resources coming with it) by only paying the difference in cost between Basic SS and the one they'd want to buy.

Random example: Basic SS costing 10 USD and someone buys it.
2-4 Months later when other SS types are released and Ultimate SS costs 50 USD, said person only pays another 40 USD and receives full benefits of the Ultimate SS

People are welcome to suggest other alternative options if they think they got some (maybe something like temporary SS, you pay 5 USD and you get transfer ability for 1 year (Random time) (maybe instead of a permanent one or also parallel to a permanent one), can get easily labelled as such on an account so that people don't try to sell you an account with permanent SS which only actually has temporary SS, so that's not gonna be an issue)

I think the idea has merit.

If no resources are given, i still would like to see some protection, even if its just 12 or 24 hrs.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bahamut Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:18 pm

yeh a 12/24 hour protection and the ability to trade on the first of feb or wenever during feb would be good

Dark Bahamut
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:30 pm

trade is crucial for this kind of game. The sooner the better!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 am

Kenzu wrote:trade is crucial for this kind of game. The sooner the better!

I have to say I totally Agree, and Totally Disagree.

I think its should be opened for all, or none.

Just giving a few trade ability is not in the best intrest of the health of the game.

I want trade, but I want it opened for all, not just a few
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:16 am

hence releasing the cheapest for of SS without anything and the opening the other forms with resources later on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:40 am

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:trade is crucial for this kind of game. The sooner the better!
I think its should be opened for all, or none.

does "all" include the multi's that would be free to transfer their resources with a free trade system?
Renegade
Renegade
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:41 am

there would be not a "free" trade system, to get access to a p2p transfer you'd need to get a basic ss so someone would really need to buy ss for each of them to really profit from it, and even then they would risk getting banned very quickly.

both with the public market and the p2p transfer all actions will get recorded. Times of use, what got bought and sold. Who you send resources to and when...
Combine that with a script to check that counts how many times a certain account got sent stuff to plus the value of the resources sent or that checks if you got hit very shortly after using the market...

Trying to be smart will get you banned really fast, i already said this to a number of people, I won't really do any hardcore passive checking in the game itself cos that impairs the speed of the game and is tbh absolutely useless, so you may use some multies to transfer stuff and you won't get banned.
But i'll then download the records and run those scripts on my home computer where i really don't have to care about CPU usage and can do very extensive checking and then ban those same people a few days later!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Make it 24 february and free for my birthday Razz

Thank you admin.

question is not WHEN but HOW MUCH ressources will be given (something not overpowered but still fair is hard to guess...)

Oh... will you allow cross servers deal? :p

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:30 pm

big no no on cross server deals for some period of the time (maybe quarter of a year tops), because that can distort the game a lot just like or even more than SS. (but only if it involves trading for ingame resources, if it involves more people just being able to get SS then it won't be a problem)

after that certain time period i won't bother even trying to regulate it, or will just have it somehow under my eye but not really interevene unless i feel it would be affecting certain people too much, cos it would be pointless as people would just do it secretly and although i'd certainly detect it bulk sellers and buyers I think something like that hurts the game in the long run if it tries to get supressed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:05 pm

If you disallow cross server deal, you must not allow $$ trades. So only AW stuff for AW stuff... because it's too easy to sell another game ressource for $$ then for AW (without actually selling, but you never know)...

but i only must aggree because with a 400m+ sgw account and a top2 DW account i would be way overpowered if it was allowed too early on Wink

regards.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Halaryel wrote:If you disallow cross server deal, you must not allow $$ trades. So only AW stuff for AW stuff... because it's too easy to sell another game ressource for $$ then for AW (without actually selling, but you never know)...
that's what i meant.
but i'm only going to forbid it for a while

i'm not going to try and make rules which are next to impossible to uphold and to enforce
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:04 am

well then if you want no trade, set no supporter status until you want trade to be open so you save yourself a lot of trouble. Because many people will jut not read forum, not listen, whine, cry for the money they spent for ressource while you ban them.... I bet you'll get a big headacke.

Maybe for those that support the site earlier have the ability to buy it cheaper (but get the effect only when released).

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: