Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idle units

+9
Miglow
¤ Angel Slayer
kingkongfan1
Paladius
Nigatsu_Aka
Kenzu
Nomad
ian
Admin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Idle units - Page 2 Empty Re: Idle units

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue May 25, 2010 3:55 pm

seaborgium wrote:The problem is that I have seen some 400k accounts with only 24k trained units.... where do you think the rest is?

slap me & call me stupid...lol... I thought that was the Idea to begin with? & now its an issue? now I really am confused... oh well like I said before not an issue for me... is this the "obvious reasons" Admin was refering to?... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue May 25, 2010 4:07 pm

The Idea was for people to raid/buy and place them in a place till either traded/trained.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue May 25, 2010 4:22 pm

seaborgium wrote:The Idea was for people to raid/buy and place them in a place till either traded/trained.

sorry still not getting it, are you saying that people can't hold 400,000 Idle units? especially knowing they may or may not go to war? Sa47 has stated that he keeps a large number of units on hand for that very reason, is that the reasons Admin was refering to?... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 25, 2010 4:24 pm

income set to 0 kuwal per turn now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue May 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Admin wrote:income set to 0 kuwal per turn now.

thank you Admin... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Wed May 26, 2010 4:53 am

Think of it this way. Placing units in "idle" status is just like using the bank. Except the bank requires time and energy to build up to a reasonable size.

There are practically no limits for idles, unlike everything else in the game. Which means is someone wants to get around the limits of bank size or AT limits they can just trade for UU and stuff them in idle state. The fact they made kuwal up until recent made them even more useful.

On top of that, they do not show up in Recon reports and are completely immune to attacks. They are in fact the most abusable thing in the game right above the Commander/Officer system.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 pm

Miglow wrote:Think of it this way. Placing units in "idle" status is just like using the bank. Except the bank requires time and energy to build up to a reasonable size.

There are practically no limits for idles, unlike everything else in the game. Which means is someone wants to get around the limits of bank size or AT limits they can just trade for UU and stuff them in idle state. The fact they made kuwal up until recent made them even more useful.

On top of that, they do not show up in Recon reports and are completely immune to attacks. They are in fact the most abusable thing in the game right above the Commander/Officer system.

You are a new player, but not a noob... unlike other "experienced" arround here. Bravo again my friend! - for posting another game flaw in idle units... there is at least one more, very important. Hopefully someone will post it.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
Miglow wrote:Think of it this way. Placing units in "idle" status is just like using the bank. Except the bank requires time and energy to build up to a reasonable size.

You are a new player, but not a noob... unlike other "experienced" arround here. Bravo again my friend! - for posting another game flaw in idle units... there is at least one more, very important. Hopefully someone will post it.
@ miglow I guess making a limit to how many idle unit you can have at one time will be helpful. It makes perfect sense to me. Im glad some people know how to explain things.

@Nigatsu who exactly are these "experienced" players/noobs? Just because someone doesn't understand what you mean doesn't make them noobs. Instead of not explaining yourself, why don't you just explain yourself and not wait for someone to explain for you. It's less annoying that way.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Atm he's doing something that's more useful, making the others use their brains.

cos that's the way to find flaws in ideas, to use that mass in ones skull.
then again I'd say waiting endlessly is also not fruitful, so maybe 1 more page of waiting ...

Though there are flaws and there are issues Smile
A real problem only one of them is...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Thu May 27, 2010 12:22 am

Admin wrote:Atm he's doing something that's more useful, making the others use their brains.

cos that's the way to find flaws in ideas, to use that mass in ones skull.
then again I'd say waiting endlessly is also not fruitful, so maybe 1 more page of waiting ...

Though there are flaws and there are issues Smile
A real problem only one of them is...
Thats a good point, it's good to use your brain. But insulting someones intelligence isn't a good idea because it causes hostility. My problem with nigatsu(im assuming he's who your talking about) is that he said idle units are a stupid idea without giving an explination. Even if the idea is flawed there is always a way to fix flaws. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but demanding for something to be removed completely seems unreasonable.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu May 27, 2010 1:07 am

Spoiler:

I have to fully disagree with you here. I know for a fact that "smaller" players have, and continue to use Idle units productively. I know because I trade with them. I sell them AT to raid with, and then buy the raided UU from them. I have more then 1 who sell their daily production per day and what ever they can raid. This is how they built UPs quickly, got the research center, and got their reeducation facilities. So I have to fully disagree with you that you have to save anywhere near 100K UU before trading.

What sense does it make to train 50K farmers at 5K kewal each, and then untrain them 24 or 48 hrs later at a cost of 7,621? 12,621 cost per man times 50K men means you have lost 631,050,000 kewal that using the "idle" feature would save you.

Now as for an unlimited bank yes I see and agree with the point. When the idea was conceived a limit was discussed. One based on total population % or based on RAW UP. Ultimately Admin decided on no limit, not the players. Admin also decided to allow them to produce income, where the original idea was more 0 income or a small cost.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 27, 2010 7:01 am

about the limit my argument was that the limit based on up or army size would hurt only small players (considering they are the ones with a small up and little army since they sell all uu's) and would therefore not be justifiable

though it would be possible to do something like base value (average active army size atm is 2 mil, so say 2-3% of that) and another few days worth of unit production, if the players really feel a limit needs to be put in place, I just haven't heard a solid argument yet for the limit

about the covert reports, it's not a problem adding it into the reports will do so today when i get home.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu May 27, 2010 9:54 am

well "exploits" keep getting brought up, tho not directly desrcibed so IDK if a limit is needed or not. True the "unlimited bank" issue is one I had not thought of, and is a valid point. That just means if I don't see and understand this 3rd exploit then I can not offer a means to stop it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 27, 2010 10:01 am

I'm not interested enough in this to try and figure it out besides the obvious "noob multi's who'll use it to gather up uu's to get raided and get caught later" that everyone knew about several months ago

so i'll just wait until the next page starts and let nigatsu enlighten us
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Idle units will now show up in spy logs
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lil monsters Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:40 pm

lame

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:30 am

TY Admin.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 am

lil monsters wrote:lame

lmfao
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43