Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial

2 posters

Go down

Tutorial Empty Tutorial

Post by Nomad Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Theme music
Was to laid back for me personally. I like the music but it lacked any kind of a climax and was not very riveting.

Step 1
Good explinations, well done.

step 2
What was explained was done well, 1 thing it lacks is the benifit of VOTING. Should be noted here IMO

step 3
Well explained but 1 MASSIVE FLaw
"UU produce 20 income (make sure you never have more than 20.000 untrained units,
sell them or train them each day, otherwise they will be stolen)
FARMERS produce 50 income (farmers cannot be killed by anyone)
WORKERS produce 60 income
(make sure you never have more than 300.000 workers, because they can be killed by your enemies)
MINERS produce 70 income
(make sure you never have more than 100.000 miners, because they can be killed by your enemies)

Advice for later: Increase your unit production even after you reach 10.000 unit production."

Why are you TELLING them to NEVER have more then a set amount in miners and workers? You might as well make it game mechanics. I woulkd suggest making it a suggestion to not train more then XXX amount of each and then explain the rewards/risks of training more then this, not telling them to NEVER do it. JMO

step 4
Explained well, all save the "withdraw 999999999" Explain they need to withdraw the correct amount, or a quick way is to withdraw the entire bank amount out by using the "999999999999" method.

step 5
Not really explained well, and explained in a manner telling them exactly what to do, not just telling them what everything does and letting them decide how many of what to buy. Need to explain what each increase does as well as thats not explained. JMO

step 6
good

step 7
good except again you are telling them what to buy when you say machine gun, just leave it as the best weapon you can buy and be done with it.

step 8
fine

step 9
fine

step 10
fine

step 11
fine

step 12
explained well but dont tell exact numbers as the "raid for 200 per hit" and "20K" mark changes daily. I know I don't raid for less then 400 UU per hit now. I think setting those numbers like that are a bad idea.

step 13
good

step 14
Voting should be on day 1 JMO

step 15
fine BUT
"If 10 players from those you invited to join reach 10.000 unit production,
you will receive an unlimited Supporter Status, which will last forever!"
WHEN did this happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

step 16
ok

step 17
ok

step 18
ok

step 19
not a bad setup there

step 20
says 19 so the numbers are off a bit but ok

This is just my take on it. I like it for the most part, other then stating numbers as facts, such as the amount to raid as that will increase in time.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Tutorial Empty Re: Tutorial

Post by Admin Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Nomad wrote:
step 15
fine BUT
"If 10 players from those you invited to join reach 10.000 unit production,
you will receive an unlimited Supporter Status, which will last forever!"
WHEN did this happen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
not at all but will be added in the near future Smile

Although I'm sure it's not the first time me and kenzu, pointed out that by using that referal ID thing on the registration page, players will get bonuses

other than that, kenzu's done the tutorial so he's the one to make the resulting corrections, and for the most part I agree (like the set numbers, buy best weapon, etc.). But that's easily correctable by saying in the start "numbers grow over time, so while farming for 30 mil might be ok now, just look around a few pages and hit the highest amounts you can find"

About the telling someone to have never more than a set number, I think it's ok. No need to bore new players with unnecessary details in the start.
Too much text is bad. I know that from experience
It really IS good enough to say "Dont do this!" in the start and let the player figure out some of the whys and hows themselves when the time has come.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:26 am

Fair enough.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum