Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary ST-break for new players

+2
ioz
ian
6 posters

Go down

Temporary ST-break for new players Empty Temporary ST-break for new players

Post by ian Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi admin.

This is just a thought - but Supply Turns are likely to be the main limiting factor in how much farming/ raiding a new player can do upon joining Aderan Wars... so to help them get established how about a 6 week starting period for new players (from the date of registration) where farming and raiding attacks *don't* use supply turns?

This might help them get up to speed a little and get used to the game before they have to start worrying about being limited to 48 farm's/ raids a day. The more progress they make/ feel like they are making at the start of the game means the more likely they ll stick around and play Aderan War's -and the more active they can be in the game if they choose to also means they ll be more likely to stick around Smile

What you think?

Thanks
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Temporary ST-break for new players Empty Re: Temporary ST-break for new players

Post by ioz Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:27 pm

having unlimited ST's seems a little bit too much. Giving them more ST's, however, should do the job. I agree that 400 ST's seems to be to little and might drive new players away from the server.
ioz
ioz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : x
Alliance : The Imperium(TIE)
Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:38 am

I think unlimited is a bit skewed as well, they could realisticly then only be limited by MT and could farm for 10 bill or less.

How about like the voting system is? a preset amount of attacks or a preset time you get extra resources such as ST and AT.

what i dislike about the time is the same 6 weeks one player may get 500 attacks in, another 250 attacks in and another 1500 attacks in.

I say give them a counter so they all get the same bonuses, but used by their timeframe

that make sense?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:49 pm

Unlimited ST is a bad idea, afterall it could be abused, especially if new players would be fueled with resources and used to mass whole alliance.

However I do agree that ST might place too much constraints on new players, especially if these want to farm a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore I suggest the starting ammount of ST will be increased to 1.000

AND

in the VOTING page, in the first month after registration, they would get in addition to UU also +1 AT and +1 ST per vote.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:31 pm

I have a better ideea. They should generate more STs per turn until they've used 2k ST. That would give them plenty of time to learn everything about the game and stay to play.

I mean, why should anyone be favoured because they are new?... or blue... or whatever... That is a flawed thinking that screws up the normality.

IMO, if you really want to help the new players, give them the ability to play the game at maximum by increasing their turn generation until a FIXED limit is reached, give them a few tutorials: goals that open other goals and voila... you'd have started their interest and also helped them understand what a text based game is.

Giving fixed ammounts of starters is stupid and abusable in tons of ways.

I hope this comment helps.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:24 pm

New players should get more ST's with voting (like AT i think)
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:15 am

Kenzu wrote:Unlimited ST is a bad idea, afterall it could be abused, especially if new players would be fueled with resources and used to mass whole alliance.

However I do agree that ST might place too much constraints on new players, especially if these want to farm a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------

Therefore I suggest the starting ammount of ST will be increased to 1.000

AND

in the VOTING page, in the first month after registration, they would get in addition to UU also +1 AT and +1 ST per vote.
Kenzu, new player already get an AT bonus, for a set time or a set amount, not sure which. I think admin said a set number of clicks.

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:I have a better ideea. They should generate more STs per turn until they've used 2k ST. That would give them plenty of time to learn everything about the game and stay to play.

I mean, why should anyone be favoured because they are new?... or blue... or whatever... That is a flawed thinking that screws up the normality.

IMO, if you really want to help the new players, give them the ability to play the game at maximum by increasing their turn generation until a FIXED limit is reached, give them a few tutorials: goals that open other goals and voila... you'd have started their interest and also helped them understand what a text based game is.

Giving fixed ammounts of starters is stupid and abusable in tons of ways.

I hope this comment helps.

I fully agree with the underlined and bolded part. Thats what i was trying to say myself.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down