Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ranking

+2
chaos
Razorlite
6 posters

Go down

Ranking Empty Ranking

Post by Razorlite Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Ok im new , 2 days of playing , rank 1090 , i did move to 1088 but now im back to 1090 lol , the question is whats the best and quickest way to move up the ranks? Or what is the ranking based on? study a few more days of playing and ill probably suss it but hey i thought id ask you ! Thanks
Razorlite
Razorlite
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

ID : Razorlite
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Ranking Empty Re: Ranking

Post by chaos Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Rankings are calculated using your Military Stats. Each individual stat is ranked against others (ie someone who has rank 54 defense has a larger defense then rank 55 ). The rank that you have next to the date on the little panel, is kind of an average of all your other stats and can be used to compare yourselves to other players.

To raise your rank, invest in military units. Larger power = lower rank.

eg
Strike Action 6,318 Ranked 310
Defensive Action ####### Ranked 777
Covert Action ###### Ranked 400
Assassin Action ####### Ranked 205
Airforce Action 0 Ranked 1

Note: Airforce Action is rank 1 for everybody with 0 power as no-one has built the building to buy planes yet
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Razorlite Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 pm

so training civilian units doesnt increase your rank? just your income?
Razorlite
Razorlite
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

ID : Razorlite
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:21 pm

If you come from a game where rank is important, keep in mind that, over here, rank is really NOT.

Getting a high rank means nothing and you shouldn't cripple your account economically trying to get it.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Razorlite wrote:so training civilian units doesnt increase your rank? just your income?

Military Units - Physical Power and Rank

Civilian Units - Economy ( Income )

Similar to what Sandwalker said, Your Economy and UP are the 2 most important stats. This does not mean only use Miners as this is dangerous if you plan to be in any wars.
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:04 pm

the lowest yielding income units can't be killed where the other 2 can be killed if someone is willing to invest the resources to do so.

But yes to raise overall rank bring all your military stats up, and bring them all up rather equally for best results.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:47 am

Razorlite wrote:so training civilian units doesnt increase your rank? just your income?

exactly, but without good economy you will never be able to have a good military.

Therefore you should always focus on RESEARCH of Unit Production (average UP is 3000-5000) and TRAINING of income units.
Train military units only on small scale (5% of population on attack, 5% on defense, 5% on spies, 5% on assasins and 80% should be income units). You definitely NOT have more than 40% of military units.

The amount of your income units should be always bigger than the amount of all military units combined.

The bigger proportion of income units you have, the faster you grow, BUT the more you will get attacked and your kuwal stolen.
The bigger proportion of military units you have, the slower you grow, BUT you will be attacked less, or not at all and your income will be safe.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:23 am

Kenzu wrote:

exactly, but without good economy you will never be able to have a good military.

Therefore you should always focus on RESEARCH of Unit Production (average UP is 3000-5000) and TRAINING of income units.
Train military units only on small scale (5%of population on attack, 5% on defense,5% on spies,5% on assasins and 80% should be income units). You definitely NOT have more than 40% of military units.
The amount of your income units should be always bigger than the amount of all military units combined.

The bigger proportion of income units you have, the faster you grow, BUT the more you will get attacked and your kuwal stolen.
The bigger proportion of military units you have, the slower you grow, BUT you will be attacked less, or not at all and your income will be safe.

@ Kenzu, Hmm, it would seem your line of thinking is pretty much virtually identical to my/ The Commonwealth's line of thinking SmileSmile Maybe i was wrong that your advise your giving to your newer members of world republic isn't so bad after-all (my apologies) lol - just a large chunk of your older members seem to fall far outside the above guidelines, and would struggle to recover from a determined assault... Hopefully your newer members will listen to you Smile

But generally, Razorlite... what Kenzu said is worth listening to. Only thing i d say is don't worry too much about the % of your army size invested in defence, assassins, spies and strikes - since if say in a years time if you hit 10million army size (which noone is anywhere near yet btw) then 5% of army size would actually be 500,000 defence supers potentially - which even if your at 10million army size... i m guessing that sort of losses would be pretty costly. Instead - i d suggest you work out how many days worth each individual stat would take you to rebuild based on your income and unit production - then base the amount of resources invested in that area on how long it ll take to rebuild.

I.e. if you only have a maximum of 10days worth of resources (daily income and daily total unit production) invested into defence - then it stands to reason if you loose your defence you d only be set back in growth by 10 days.... not a major problem on a game like this. Of course you d need to factor in spies, assassins and strike... but generally you get the idea Smile

Your welcome to join The Commonwealth if your looking for a fast-growing active alliance, who will always be happy to provide advice and guideance Smile
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Only thing I really want to add to what Kenzu and Ian said, which is good basic advise, is that the proper use of income control, coupled with actively logging in and banking often can offset the need for a robust military. If you don't paint a target on your back, you really don't need much of a military at all until you achieve some signifigant growth.

The proper use of working conditions and realm alert levels are something worth learning, and worth learning quickly.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:06 am

ian wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

Train military units only on small scale (5%of population on attack, 5% on defense,5% on spies,5% on assasins and 80% should be income units). You definitely NOT have more than 40% of military units.

@ Kenzu, Hmm, it would seem your line of thinking is pretty much virtually identical to my/ The Commonwealth's line of thinking SmileSmile Maybe i was wrong that your advise your giving to your newer members of world republic isn't so bad after-all (my apologies) lol - just a large chunk of your older members seem to fall far outside the above guidelines, and would struggle to recover from a determined assault... Hopefully your newer members will listen to you Smile

Thanks Ian

You know it's impossible to force people to do what they don't want. If they dont want to follow the guidelines, there is nothing I can do about it. Afterall everyone should employ their own strategy.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:28 am

I think everyone has slight variations, but all are basicly the same. Except for the rare few who become 1 hit wonders, and I don't think that breed will last long in AW.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down