Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repair Costs

+2
Admin
Starryager
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Repair Costs Empty Repair Costs

Post by Starryager Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Repair costs is too HIGH! Can it be subtracted by 10%? If you say no, then i will have to suggest you another idea to make repair cost a.k.a Repair Facility which lowers the cost of repair by 10% per level, requires level 1 Construction.

And OH, LOOK WAY DOWN BELOW! DOWN TO THE BOTTOM! You will like version 2 of repair facility best!

Last edited by Zeroager on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Poll!)

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : Disabled by Galactic Identify remover.
Alliance : United Universe Nation
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-07-24

http://umumum.com/

Back to top Go down

Repair Costs Empty Re: Repair Costs

Post by Admin Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:04 pm

suggestion section?

and about repairs, it's not my call. I personally think it's balanced, but this is something I will leave to the players to decide.
If people say they want lower repairs to promote activity and farming then i'll do it.

If people say they want higher repairs then i'll need to hear damn good reasons to make that happen though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Admin wrote:suggestion section?

and about repairs, it's not my call. I personally think it's balanced, but this is something I will leave to the players to decide.
If people say they want lower repairs to promote activity and farming then i'll do it.

If people say they want higher repairs then i'll need to hear damn good reasons to make that happen though.

Okay, ANYONE wants the repair costs to be lower!? Brings more activity and more farming! Money Kuwals! More Power!!!

Vote YES to lower repair costs + Repair Facility.

Vote No to stay, + no repair facility.

Just posts them.

I vote yes.
Yes: 1
No: 0

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:37 pm

ok explain more your idea with repair cost?

1. Is it a 1 time build? with no enhancements?
2. Does it effect strike and defense equally?
3. Is there an ongoing cost or a static cost?
4. In the long run, will we have to adjust it back because massing has become to cheap?

Keep in mind, it takes only about 15 hits to 0 a defense now, and you want to make it cheaper to repair those strike weapons?

All I ask is you look at more then just your situation and just your account.

I think cost are pretty balanced, but I'll admitt I'm in raiding mode so large strike repair is not something I am experianced with.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Nomad wrote:ok explain more your idea with repair cost?

1. Is it a 1 time build? with no enhancements?
2. Does it effect strike and defense equally?
3. Is there an ongoing cost or a static cost?
4. In the long run, will we have to adjust it back because massing has become to cheap?

Keep in mind, it takes only about 15 hits to 0 a defense now, and you want to make it cheaper to repair those strike weapons?

All I ask is you look at more then just your situation and just your account.

I think cost are pretty balanced, but I'll admitt I'm in raiding mode so large strike repair is not something I am experianced with.

The repair cost is too expensive, even larger player with larger force will sometime struggle with their immense repair costs.

All I'm saying that repair facility should be put in to lower the repair cost by 10% per level.

That's how it works. If there is no Repair Facility, everyone will have to struggle with their repair costs, including their loss of soldiers.

10% subtract is not enough to start massing yet, but 50% is enough to start massing.

Since there is only 3 level of construction yards. So there will be 3 level of repair facility.

So if we win with number 1, it will be 40% subtracted, but if we win number 2, it will be 30% subtract.

Since Repair Facility is so expensive... but they still have to pay more money to repair if there is no repair facility or decrease 10%

You... your questions has nothing to do with my account or my forces. It has something to do with Aderanwars, and repair costs is too high. I don't think it is balanced at all.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:57 pm

hahah p(r)oos and n00bs .. thats coowl (specially in a browser game)
i vote 3 because its the coolest way to get as many votes as possible!

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Lol. XD. Congratz you are now one of the Noob Alliance member, and your forces are empty and no kuwal making because noobs don't know what to do but gets weaker and weaker every turn.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Zeroager wrote:
The repair cost is too expensive, even larger player with larger force will sometime struggle with their immense repair costs.
Many think this is a good thing, me included. Alot of people are sick of games like TGW/SGW where you can mass all day long with no reguards to your own account. This game forces a bit of stratagy by limiting resources and having high costs to war.

All I'm saying that repair facility should be put in to lower the repair cost by 10% per level.

That's how it works. If there is no Repair Facility, everyone will have to struggle with their repair costs, including their loss of soldiers.

10% subtract is not enough to start massing yet, but 50% is enough to start massing.

Since there is only 3 level of construction yards. So there will be 3 level of repair facility.

So if we win with number 1, it will be 40% subtracted, but if we win number 2, it will be 30% subtract.

Since Repair Facility is so expensive... but they still have to pay more money to repair if there is no repair facility or decrease 10%
50% reduction is cost is entirely to much, lets look at something much smaller first. Now looking back on your idea I understand the principle better now, just thing the amounts are entirely to high for reduction

You... your questions has nothing to do with my account or my forces. It has something to do with Aderanwars, and repair costs is too high. I don't think it is balanced at all.
It was not meant as a stab at you, or anything personaly toward you, hope it didnt come across as such. My point is, I have seen it to often in the past that players, and player bases ask for things that make sense at that time (like asking for cheaper repairs now) only to find out later in the progression of the game that it really was a bad idea because it leads to a situation like in other games where massings are cheap and easy, and there is no way to defend them. That said, Admin and Aderan wars has done a magnificent job so far of controling many things to not allow this to happen here.

Discussion of a idea helps it to evolve, and good discussion is something admin actually reads and listens too.

I would change the idea a bit if it was me tho to balance it more. Make the "repair facility" a construction of its own. Then it can be upgraded after every construction yard level is bought. I still say 10% is to much, well maybe better would be to say, a total of 30 to 40% is just to high. 50% is definitely to high.

Always remeber, the attacking force is always online during a war, and can repair after every 2 or 3 hits. A 0'ed defense has to buy all new weapons from scratch.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Very Well, 5% per level for repair facility total 15% deduction.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:02 pm

ok not trying to imply i support this fully but i think the suggestion has merit with the building thing if the numbers are done correctly.

some things to consider/other suggestions:
- actual cost of repair facility? (real numbers, not just saying "a lot" or "a little")
- upkeep of that building to keep giving you the bonus or just one time cost?
- % cheaper always the same or goes up and down depending on how many weapons you use? (i.e. someone with 10k weps saves 10% repairs but someone with 20k weps only saves 8% repairs?)
- attack and defense weapons cheaper by the same %? If not then how much difference? [such an update heavily benefits attackers and massers]
- maybe allowing you to salvage some % of destroyed weapons depending on level (basically if your def with 30k weps is massed, you can recover 5-10% by only paying maybe 50% of original cost, only works with massing, not when getting sabbed) [such an update benefits defenses more than strikes as defenses will get massed more often than strikes]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Zeroager wrote:Very Well, 5% per level for repair facility total 15% deduction.

I think the idea has merit, but someone with access to better data like admin needs to make the call on total reduction %. it may be that it could go as high as 25%, or needs to be as low as 10% total. IDK

But overall I think it is a viable suggestion.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Admin wrote:ok not trying to imply i support this fully but i think the suggestion has merit with the building thing if the numbers are done correctly.

- actual cost of repair facility? (real numbers, not just saying "a lot" or "a little")
- % cheaper always the same or goes up and down depending on how many weapons you use? (i.e. someone with 10k weps saves 10% repairs but someone with 20k weps only saves 8% repairs?)
- attack and defense weapons cheaper by the same %? If not then how much difference? [such an update heavily benefits attackers and massers]
- maybe allowing you to salvage some % of destroyed weapons depending on level (basically if your def with 30k weps is massed, you can recover 5-10% by only paying maybe 50% of original cost, only works with massing, not when getting sabbed) [such an update benefits defenses more than strikes as defenses will get massed more often than strikes]

Good stuff admin, my take on it,,,,,
1. can you give us a list of other constructions? I think the first one should be rather cheap, second pretty stiff, and the last real darn expensive, but actual amounts I'd like to have something to compare to.
2. I am all for upkeep costs to slow game progression and bigger accounts, but not sure if its really applicable in this situation. unless you can "turn it off" it could be a real bane in times of peace.
3. I want to say same for all,,,, but I like the idea of tiering it somewhat. Each level would signifigantly raise the amount of weapons I would assume. Also how to deal with it in a year when people have 1 mill weapons and such?
4. I was thinking on this alot, I think it should favor the defenders. attackers leave weapons behind, where defenders are on their home turf, but could go either way. Even, or defensive favor, but see no need to favor strike with this.
5. same as above, or maybe make this an option only to defensive units, and make the % recoverable go down with time. So if you come in 30 min after a massing you can get 30% back, but after 12 hrs you can only recover 10% due to weathering, scavanging, etc. if you wait 5 days after a massing, you shouldnt get anything back honestly
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Nomad wrote:
Good stuff admin, my take on it,,,,,
1. can you give us a list of other constructions? I think the first one should be rather cheap, second pretty stiff, and the last real darn expensive, but actual amounts I'd like to have something to compare to.
well it's gonna be pretty much as you know it with con yard level 1. First level is some cost, so 1 mil, then all other buildings cost logarithmically anywhere in between that con yard level and the next one. Reprogramming costs 600 mil, con yard 2 costs 10 bil
2. I am all for upkeep costs to slow game progression and bigger accounts, but not sure if its really applicable in this situation. unless you can "turn it off" it could be a real bane in times of peace.
well turning off, would mean that i have to add some time delay between turning off and on, which would be a pain, so i guess we scratch the upkeep idea
3. I want to say same for all,,,, but I like the idea of tiering it somewhat. Each level would signifigantly raise the amount of weapons I would assume. Also how to deal with it in a year when people have 1 mill weapons and such?
eh base it off how much weapons top people have, that's not gonna be a problem making it keep up with the growth of the game
4. I was thinking on this alot, I think it should favor the defenders. attackers leave weapons behind, where defenders are on their home turf, but could go either way. Even, or defensive favor, but see no need to favor strike with this.
obviously NOT to favor strike, but if to favor def then how much
5. same as above, or maybe make this an option only to defensive units, and make the % recoverable go down with time. So if you come in 30 min after a massing you can get 30% back, but after 12 hrs you can only recover 10% due to weathering, scavanging, etc. if you wait 5 days after a massing, you shouldnt get anything back honestly
shit that's good, how come i didn't think of that Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:09 pm

[quote="Nomad"]
Admin wrote:ok not trying to imply i support this fully but i think the suggestion has merit with the building thing if the numbers are done correctly.

Actually Nomad, The winner gets the leftover weapons from either defenders or attackers, depending on how many winner killed their unit for example, they killed like 1257 Units armed with Heavy Motor, Winner takes 1257 Heavy Motors.

1. Repair Facility should cost 250,000,000
Repair Facility 2 cost 25,000,000,000
Repair Facility 3 cost 25,000,000,000,000

2. Salavging weapons is good idea, just as i said above number 1.

3. Maybe it should be total 25% reduction.

First level 5%, second level 8% Third Level 12% = 25% total repair reduction.

4. Upkeep, yeah, they should take away 1-3% of your income. (Not 3 times 3 - 9%, no, first level gives you up keep 1 -3%, but 2nd and 3rd, NO)

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Repair Costs Empty Repair Costs V.2

Post by Starryager Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Lv 1 Repair Facility $250,000,000
Ability - Takes away 6% of total repair costs. Upkeep takes away 1-3% of your total Income.

Lv 2 Repair Facility $2,500,000,000
Ability - Additonally boost +8% total 14% take away of total repair costs. Can Salavge weapons dead attackers.

Lv 3 Repair Facility $25,000,000,000
Ability - Additionally boost +11% total 25% take away of total repair costs. Attackers can take the dead defenders weapons. Engineer unit are unlocked, they repair weapons automatic at small fee. 1 Enginer unit repairs 1 weapon per turn.

Engineer - Fixes damaged weapon at small fee $1000 per turn when they detected damaged weapon, repairing depends on level of weapon. but you don't pay them if there is no damaged weapon left.

For I.e repairing a lv 9 will take 9 Turns to finish, which you will have to pay total $9,000. Having more Engineers will finish repairing faster.
Cost to buy a Engineer 25,000 Kuwal.

I hope you like that idea.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:43 pm

dont friggin make new topics, there's an edit button for a reason.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:40 am

Ummmm, i made that verision 2, because that post won't let me edit the poll. Once poll is created, it can't be edit. It is permant. Forever. Waht else can i do?

All I'm trying to suggest you my ideas with some improvements. So... .... ..... like my 2nd verision of repair facility idea huh?

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:50 am

i'll say the costs are fine Very Happy. you dont get farmed much do u? Razz

Survivor
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:53 am

No i don't get farm anymore. Razz

Lol, you won by defeating me then i built defense quickly and pwned you. Razz

Awesome you voted for repair costs.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 am

no its just too troublesome to build a strike... not worth it
by the way check the topic below this. it has some ideas abt reducing repair costs... i like your repair facility idea somewhat but something abt it bugs me... dunno what it is though.
and i voted this
I don't want anything new, I'm noob. Smile

Survivor
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:03 am

-_- Great, less people liking my ideas. I'm tried to suggestions alot of ideas and nobody even likes a single IDEA OF MINE!?

-_-

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:11 am

well.. no need to get emo Razz
I'm sure that one will work... and as i said i like the repair facility idea but i think that there will be no point building it considering the price is too expensive to even consider going past lvl 1...
other than that my def solely depends on my activity and the damage it deals to enemy weapons so at the same time i dont like the idea.
which has more weight, no idea Very Happy

Survivor
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:14 am

Survivor wrote:well.. no need to get emo Razz
I'm sure that one will work... and as i said i like the repair facility idea but i think that there will be no point building it considering the price is too expensive to even consider going past lvl 1...
other than that my def solely depends on my activity and the damage it deals to enemy weapons.

Emo is suicidal, you know it right?
And I'm not Emo because i don't sucidal, it is for retarded people who don't get it and get too emotionally and tries to kill themselves.

I was being sarscam, i really don't become emo over it, it was more like "ugh, now i gotta to fix it to make it more better suggestion to be accepted as a part of the game"

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Survivor Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:19 am

oh lol i was joking.
btw i dont see your reply to my suggestion... right below this topic

Ps i edited the post a bit before u quoted

Survivor
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:27 am

Survivor wrote:oh lol i was joking.
btw i dont see your reply to my suggestion... right below this topic

Ps i edited the post a bit before u quoted

Well, when you go up higher and higher in rank, everyone attacks you and you lose kuwals, then you will have to pay increbibily huge amount of kuwals like 1 time you lost to me, so you have to paid alot due to your loss.

Hummm, do Merecenary kill more? I'm curious. I wonder how the top players get more emeny soldiers killed than their soldiers.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum