Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aderan politics briefing

+13
Magnus
rflash
Beanz
Sandwalker
reaper
Lucien Lachance
Kenzu
ian
Admin
bebita
chaos
Nigatsu_Aka
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aderan politics briefing - Page 3 Empty Re: Aderan politics briefing

Post by Magnus Tue May 12, 2009 8:33 am

very good point, but there are enough people here with skill and bluntly I ahve to say that a empire that huge and organized this early would only hurt the game. Massive Farming, Raiding, etc. The Player Base needs to grow on a scale of 10 - 50 a day. Count me wrong on my assumption if it is wrong. When the Player base gets to 1 to 2k then I believe it will be worth it to have empires that huge. Sorry Admin, but I believe it will hurt your player base to have somewhat like DDE here for right now.The Future it will be cool to have wars that really need strategy and that is what i see in this game

greetz
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 12, 2009 11:12 am

1) not everyone from their alliance would join this game (either right away or at all)
2) assuming 15-20 people join, would be months before they are in any position to challenge any of the current leading alliances
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Tue May 12, 2009 11:57 am

Admin wrote:1) not everyone from their alliance would join this game (either right away or at all)
2) assuming 15-20 people join, would be months before they are in any position to challenge any of the current leading alliances

Indeed.
Well, i just asked a question. If they join, that is another story.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue May 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Beanz wrote:OK, very simplistic overview of Aderan politics (or politics in general).

For any 1 person/player etc... there are 2 kinds of people in the game.
Those that are allied with them.
Those that are not.

A group of people all allied together are an alliance.
A group of alliances with mutual goals and an understanding/agreement between each other is "an empire".
For joint actions of an empire then they are effectively a large alliance.

If you are not allied WITH an alliance, then that means you are a target.

Taking out targets is part of the game, this is Aderan WARS, it would be no fun without wars.

If you really wanted to avoid being attacked by a group of alliances, then the obvious course of action would be to join them.

If this action would then get you attacked by an alternative alliance/group of players/empire, then that is something that you have put yourself into.

If you are truly a lone-wolf, then you will have nothing to lose from joining an alliance, except possibly farm/raid targets, which means that any action against your account is justifiable anyway.

Edit:
P.S. These actions actually help smaller players and new players, as it will reduce the size of the largest accounts and allow these players to catch up more quickly.

Your right, that is a *very* simplistic version of Aderan Politics. I would hope, for their sake, that there never comes a time any alliance gets it into its head of "your eithier with us, or against us".

Things aren't just black and white - and more often than not, almost everyone falls into the grey area of politics - neutrality, neither being for or against.

Members not part of an certain alliance may be a farm/ raid target within reason - but that does not justifiablly make them a military i.e. war, target. Aderan wars may be a war game, but without peace, there can be no war - for if everyone is in a state of war permanently, what then is war? To define peace, or war, you need the other to contrast it to.

Every alliance here would be wise to remember this - that there are always more than 2 sides to a story, and more than 2 angles to a picture.

@ Rflash, your right a defence isn't strictly just how many defensive troops are armed. However to apply a Real Life application to what your saying - according to your policy, merchant ships passing past Somalia, even if with armed personalle aboard ready to repel boarders, would likely be attacked, taken hostage, or otherwise plundered by Somalia pirates if the rewards outweighed the losses in manpower and equipment. The result of attacking a well armed merchant vessel would likely be a firefight, a pile of dead bodies - the ship being plundered/ taken hostage, and the pirates getting their reward/ benefit from the attack. The result of repeatedly attacking sufficiently armed merchant vessels, will be that the involved nations will track the pirates down to the ends of the earth - including into Somalia itself, and onto the actual land - destroying their training facilities, equipment, complexes's etc....

In reality, a sufficiently armed merchant vessel, even if in fact it is still a very vulnerable target and more than likely can be attacked and plundered at significant benefits to the pirates, will not be - simply in that that defence serves as a deterrent, simply due to the inevitable consequences of "stepping over the line" and attacking well armed vessels - and in so doing bringing the wrath of the civilised world down onto themselves.

Generally the same applies to online games - that a sufficient defence serves to deter most attacks, even if the reality is infact that that defence can be breached via other game mechanism's, and a high reward gained for the attack.

Going off what you said if you do actually use a combination of game mechanics - i.e. sabb/ assassinate/ attack defences etc... to get your reward, right now i d say you are playing the role of the Somalian Pirate, and hitting sufficiently well armed merchant vessels - i wouldn't be suprised therefore when a carrier battle group shows up, and blows you out of the water, along with tracking your land facilities and infrastructure down, flatenning these as well.

Don't get me wrong - i m not passing judgement on anything you ve done, or Beanz's political policy for that matter - just trying to put it into perspective from a neutral/ 3rd persons point of view. Me personally, i m still not sure whether to go down the role of somalian pirate or not Laughing

Eithier way, best of luck to all parties involved Very Happy
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by TipsY Tue May 12, 2009 2:56 pm

If anyone doesn't know yet, this was ALL staged, TC and GD belong to The Yudaytudy Empire (you day today) and our secret plans to wipe out the entire server - you're either with us or against us, as someone above stated - just became public.

The end is near, bye.

*yep I reserve my right to post bullshit just like many people in this topic*
TipsY
TipsY
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 40
Alliance : The Company
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Tue May 12, 2009 3:13 pm

LMAO, ok ok I will stop saying dde should not come and Stage my own Empire. TILG Empire. The I like Girls Empire and for everyone that likes Guys : WOrks the same way around. lmfao
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by TipsY Tue May 12, 2009 3:58 pm

The Yudaytudy Empire declares war on TILG Empire. Let the best sense of humor win. LoL
TipsY
TipsY
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 40
Alliance : The Company
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 12, 2009 4:49 pm

spam section is a bit lower
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:I`m sorry if accidentally implyed that kenzu has access to any part of the game. I`m not posting and not thinking or caring for the boolean value of this variable.
I`m just discussing/pointing out a trend in the aderwanwars politics: that the 3 strongest alliances are massing everyone else, innocent players. Smile
I don`t care about the whinings.
I want justification from those 3 alliances. If they opt to form an empire it`s not my bussiness, but that will be pretty bad for the game. That`s all. Smile

Speaking as a member of WR and not as its representative (I'll let kenzu do that)... who in the world has WR been massing? You state "innocent players" - meaning multiples... not just one. So that said, you can't be talking about rflash (who had been #1 in the rankings AND has been attacking a lot of people).

So give me names Nigatsu. What "innocent players" have been massed by WR? The other 2 alliances are not my concern. WR is. I have a good knowledge of what's gone on within WR and we have not been massing anyone lately. One person was a target of an alliance of alliances. One who was NOT innocent. One who deserved what he got. If anything, AW shouldn't be allowing "secret alliances." That should be thrown out right here and now. So unless you're a member of that secret alliance and claiming he's an innocent........ get over yourself. Give me names of these "innocents" you're claiming. ALL of them. Since you do claim more than one.

[edit]I didn't bother reading the two pages in between. It's posturing and old. I want names, all of them. Of these "innocents" who are being massed by WR. I'm not going to sit here and read everyone posturing. cut through the bull and just lay it out plainly. I never said I was a diplomat. I will give warning though, the person who has been hitting me recently and often? Beware my friend, I'm coming after you (in game). I want that Kuwal back and I plan on getting it. I have enough AT to give you as much crap as you've given me lately.[/edit]

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 pm

TipsY wrote:The Yudaytudy Empire declares war on TILG Empire. Let the best sense of humor win. LoL

Tipsy, could you not have put both graphics on the same line? Or make them smaller? they take up way too much space.

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Fri May 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Kismet wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:I`m sorry if accidentally implyed that kenzu has access to any part of the game. I`m not posting and not thinking or caring for the boolean value of this variable.
I`m just discussing/pointing out a trend in the aderwanwars politics: that the 3 strongest alliances are massing everyone else, innocent players. Smile
I want justification from those 3 alliances. If they opt to form an empire it`s not my bussiness, but that will be pretty bad for the game. That`s all. Smile

Speaking as a member of WR and not as its representative (I'll let kenzu do that)... who in the world has WR been massing? You state "innocent players" - meaning multiples... not just one. So that said, you can't be talking about rflash (who had been #1 in the rankings AND has been attacking a lot of people).

So give me names Nigatsu. What "innocent players" have been massed by WR? The other 2 alliances are not my concern. WR is. I have a good knowledge of what's gone on within WR and we have not been massing anyone lately. One person was a target of an alliance of alliances. One who was NOT innocent. One who deserved what he got. If anything, AW shouldn't be allowing "secret alliances." That should be thrown out right here and now. So unless you're a member of that secret alliance and claiming he's an innocent........ get over yourself. Give me names of these "innocents" you're claiming. ALL of them. Since you do claim more than one.

[edit]I didn't bother reading the two pages in between. It's posturing and old. I want names, all of them. Of these "innocents" who are being massed by WR. I'm not going to sit here and read everyone posturing. cut through the bull and just lay it out plainly. I never said I was a diplomat. I will give warning though, the person who has been hitting me recently and often? Beware my friend, I'm coming after you (in game). I want that Kuwal back and I plan on getting it. I have enough AT to give you as much crap as you've given me lately.[/edit]

I`ll give you one name: LoT. I think that he was massed by some Company dudes then he rebuilt a defense and was massed by a WR member, while he didn`t threw a single attack. That`s what he told me. Now, i don`t care... i`m in no secret alliance and am farmed the same as everyone else if i let too much out... and when i get hit, if it was proffitable, i don`t whime.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet Fri May 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
Kismet wrote:

I`ll give you one name: LoT. I think that he was massed by some Company dudes then he rebuilt a defense and was massed by a WR member, while he didn`t threw a single attack. That`s what he told me. Now, i don`t care... i`m in no secret alliance and am farmed the same as everyone else if i let too much out... and when i get hit, if it was proffitable, i don`t whime.

Wait.......... one name by ONE WR member? That's not massing..... sorry. Now if you count massing as multiple attacks by ONE person, you should be yelling at rflash now. One person and you're saying the entire alliance is behind it? Please, I would have given you more credit than that.

Kismet
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Fri May 15, 2009 1:42 pm

No, he said that he was massed... not repeatedly attacked... with assault missions. He knows to make a difference between a massing and a farming... he played these game for too long to make a mistake. I can`t check him, but i trust his word.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3