Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Again!

5 posters

Go down

Hello Again! Empty Hello Again!

Post by Alex Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:59 am

Hello to All

I used to play this game extensively a fair while ago but I have been absent for some time. (A year or more...)
Some of you probably rememeber me! (Maybe, or you all just forgot about me a week after I was gone Razz)

I am writing this in the hope someone can give me a brief run-down of the news things in the game, a fair few things have changed!

Anything will help, thanks guys!

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Hello Again! Empty Re: Hello Again!

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Best to just read the updates and news sections as there has been many changes to much, with gold, AF, all the balancing and unbalancing, system modifications and all.

Welcome back BTW, I remember you well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Good to see you back, if only for a moment, the AF update is being tested now (on the test server) T.I.E. is gone, mujengan is but a ghost alliance now, a lot of the old players have left, not much else to say that wouldn't take a week to explain...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah I think I'll just start playing and I'll soon pick up on the changes...

Whats this transfer ratio though? And why is it bad to be in the red? Is there any consequences for being in the red long term?

(Glad to see I am remembered!! YAY!)

-Alex

Last edited by Alex on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Horrible misspelling of the word consequences... :/)
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:12 pm

I still remember you! Nice to see you back. How did you remember Aderan Wars after such a long time away?

Alex wrote:Yeah I think I'll just start playing and I'll soon pick up on the changes...

Whats this transfer ratio though? And why is it bad to be in the red? Is there any consequences for being in the red long term?

(Glad to see I am remembered!! YAY!)

-Alex

If you don't know the transfer ratio, then you must have been away for much longer than a year. Maybe 1.5 years?
Transfer ratio measures if there is not too much feeding. If it is in red, it's because you either sent away more resources than was allowed, or because you received more resources than is allowed. So check if your transfer ratio is postive or negative. If its positive, you received more than you should, and if its negative, you sent away more than you should.

If the transfer ratio is red, all you have to do is to make sure that you dont worsen it more. As you grow the transfer ratio will improve over time. Players who keep on worsening it get punished though. Transfer ratio prevents players from feeding.

OTHER UPDATES:

Invitation Bonuses
If you invite new players and they spend money, you can collect 50% commission to your paypal. (If someone donates 100$, you get 50$ on your AW account that you can transfer to your paypal account). You also get 20% of the gold players earn by playing.

Gold
When you log in, get awards, invite players, or donate, you get gold, which you can use to get anything that you could have gotten before when donating (resources, SS, colorful names and so on). You can also trade gold with other players as a resources. (The gold market is not yet completed, but sending gold with private broker works now)

Supreme Medals
For getting regular medals you can get supreme medal, which is similar to the supreme award that you get for getting the awards on the bottom two rows of the achievements page

Supporter Status
Supporter Status that you obtain now is always permanent Supporter Status, and anyone can now get it much easier for free if he saves up enough gold.

AIRFOCE
Airforce is being tested on test server, it includes new buildings, new research system and new technologies, new units and the starport where you build and manage your airforce units and munition (rockets that you arm your airforce units with). I encourage you to test airforce yourself before it gets released so that you get a feeling for how it will be like once its released on main.

And a lot of other small changes.

I might have forgotten some other big changes, but you will find out eventually as you play.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks for the explanations Kenzu!

I think its been probably 1.5-2 yrs now I think about it!I just logged back onto SGW and then thought of here, I think I like it better here...

Ihave noticed army sizes have increased alot, I used to be well above the avwerage, now I'm a fair bit below it! To be expected though, I'll just have to build a bit before you see me on the first page of rankings again!

Airforce is finally here!! I shouldbuild a lvl 2 construction yard! Razz

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Its here in test, and has been for some time. Active features are buggy and not all features have even been released but yes we are much closer then we were 1.5 to 2yrs ago.

Con yards give you PBP so you should build them all if you can afford them.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:05 pm

welcome back alex!
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Nomad wrote:Con yards give you PBP so you should build them all if you can afford them.

Back when I was playing it wasnt worth 10b to get the pbp from the con yard (Better to put the kuwal into techs etc) but as the kuwal has depreciated significantly since I last played, it probably is worth it now.

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:welcome back alex!

Thanks!

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down