Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intelligence Advisers

4 posters

Go down

Intelligence Advisers Empty Intelligence Advisers

Post by Manleva Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 am

The concept is quite simple but could involve a lot of work if gone about the wrong way.

Currently we all have Spy’s which we sent out on recon missions. These Spy’s return with information which is often incomplete so they are sent out again and again until all available information has been acquired.

However this information is currently contained in a number of separate reports the have to be viewed separately.

One role of the Intelligence Advisers would compile these separate reports into one report.

In addition to the information that Spy’s currently obtain there is also a lot of other information that is not obtained but is very relevant in times of war. Given the information currently obtained it is also realistic to assume that this other information would most likely be located in the same places the Spy’s find the current information and it is also realistic to assume that any worthwhile spy would not overlook the importance of this information.

The second role of the Intelligence Advisers would be to analyze this information and include it in a comprehensive report on the target.

Make up

Rather than adding another type of unit I would rather see this as a building that you construct and possibly upgrade. There would also be a related Tech that can be researched.

Mechanics

The level of the building and the tech level would both improve the quality of the report and the time it takes to compile it with the quickest compile time for the report being 6 hours and the longest being days. Each upgrade would reduce the compilation time by 6 hours.

Costing

Building construction and upgrades is open for discussion
Techs at the same rates as other existing techs.

Content

Training Facilities & Weapon Factories
Clinics, SAM and Munitions Factories, Aircraft Hangers & Factories
(Assuming that Aircraft types ,& quantities as well as munitions will be included in normal recon missions)
Trade Brokers – who and when and resource traded – possibly quantity with sufficient research
GM Trading – I was thinking of it being something like a Swiss Bank Account. Eg “Your agents have located x encrypted documents that relate to hidden resources” which would mean that the player has x withdrawals to make from completed GM Trades but you don’t know the resource or quantity.
Possibility to also see current uncompleted trades

Implementation Timeframe

Obviously after current planned upgrades other than that it will depend on complexity and how the information is presented.

Rational

Current Recon information supplies us with a lot of detailed information of an accounts build but neglects to provide any information around production hense the inclusion of the facilities and factories.

Also in times of war a very obvious and strategic target is the Supply line hence the trade information

Comments.

I would expect to see a need for considerable investment to attain good and consistent results.

I would also not expect to see any more additional information included in the individual Recon reports (I would however expect that Admin has some changes planned for the Airforce update). This would mean that the report will always be slightly out of date.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Intelligence Advisers Empty Re: Intelligence Advisers

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:55 am

Dont forget the power level of AF weaponry and their munitions.

I can't say I agree with all of this, I don't care for the trade thingy, specially not GM as what is the real point in it? I can see P2P trades somewhat.

Last point is how to defend against it? If their is no defense I really do not like it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 am

Nomad wrote:Dont forget the power level of AF weaponry and their munitions.
I have assumed that Admin will already have made provision for this with the Airforce update

I can't say I agree with all of this, I don't care for the trade thingy, specially not GM as what is the real point in it? I can see P2P trades somewhat.
I have limited GM info fairly severely because it will be fairly contentious. The point is that you get some information that the player has resources in storage that can be called upon. This allows for the development of ongoing strategies in times of war

Last point is how to defend against it? If their is no defense I really do not like it.
You already have the defense. The first part is nothing more than collating the information your Spies have already gathered.
The second part is really nothing more than adding some missing information that your spies should really have gathered anyway
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by StarWolf Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:05 pm

You are saying that Intel Advisor will go like in "real times war" like every tick, those spies will analyze all information of your enemy, depending on the enemy covert action then return back to your base With full info. I like that idea.

StarWolf
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Why cant the spies provide all information at once? Do we really want to wait for all info for hours?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:06 pm

@ StarWolf

No. the Intel advisers don't go anywhere, They are nothing more than a group of people sitting in an office somewhere in your base. All that they do is to look at the information your spies gather and reformat it into a more sensible report.

So if you don't send your spies on any recon missions then they wont report anything. However if you need to make 6 recon missions on say Kenzu to gather all the information rather than having to look at 6 results like now the Intel Advisers will gather the results into one single complete report.

@ Kenzu

Possibly and possibly not but remember that the current recon results are still available. The Time delay is merely a mechanism to allow for upgrades and Tech investment. Look at it this way, You start with nothing more than is currently available. Level 1 of Intel advisers means you now have a group of old men sitting in a small dingy office compiling all the reports by hand. They have to read all incoming data then write the report on paper manually and hand deliver it to you. Investment in upgrades and techs means improving their working conditions and tools, better offices, typewriters etc right through to very fast and powerful computers etc. How fast you can access the reports is then related to the investment that you make. The overall Timeframes are up for discussion so if everyone is happy to come down to a few minutes that fine, the times I but in above are nothing more than examples
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by StarWolf Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:04 am

I like the ceoncept of it...