Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ads

+3
Nimras
Admin
Steveanaya
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ads - Page 2 Empty Re: Ads

Post by Admin Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 pm

All I ever cared is about what most people used, which is in 99% of cases adblocks which all basically do the same thing (or rather a very limited list of things)

It was a really fun project to do, took me almost a day and more of a proof of concept than a detection tool to punish players, however I did consider at times to give negative income bonuses for blocking ads while turning them on ingame to get the bonus.

And I know you are actually blocking ads because it is so easy to detect. So please do me the favor and stop lying. Considering the fact that no one has gotten punished for blocking them, yet, you should at least have the guts to not say stupid things

"if i wanted to hide them" doesn't work if you already are doing that
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Admin wrote:All I ever cared is about what most people used, which is in 99% of cases adblocks which all basically do the same thing (or rather a very limited list of things)

It was a really fun project to do, took me almost a day and more of a proof of concept than a detection tool to punish players, however I did consider at times to give negative income bonuses for blocking ads while turning them on ingame to get the bonus.

And I know you are actually blocking ads because it is so easy to detect. So please do me the favor and stop lying. Considering the fact that no one has gotten punished for blocking them, yet, you should at least have the guts to not say stupid things

Do i block them? I wanna know, pls. Smile

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 pm

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Admin wrote:All I ever cared is about what most people used, which is in 99% of cases adblocks which all basically do the same thing (or rather a very limited list of things)

Lol I never said i didn't hid them.

Nor have I said otherwise.

But the fact is there is methodes to remove ad's where YOU never will be able to detect or track it.

The difference is its not worth the bother to do it because of a game.

I can live without the bonus I was refering to the new players not me.

So NO I aren't leing I could have done so I had no ads without you ever knowing or be able to find out. There is a difference between saying I could and I DO.

I would love if you actually cared to read what people tell you instead of assuming and then come off as a A which you do.

LOL admin then you had to remove my ads bonus just because I was honest typical.

BTW I do see ADS on your side on my phone and PC Razz.

YES I have ad blocks but i actually has them deactivated on your game for the last 2 month doing to some changed I have been making, and funny is you still claim I have ad blocks activated I see the ads fine Razz.

Anyway you can remove the bonus if you like again but then I just activate the addblocks again. I removed them on this game 2 months ago thinking I would be nice since I did have the show ads bonus but also to help you gain some money for this game and as a last thing to see about your so called add dectector claims you made before would come up claiming me not seeing them as you so much wanted to claim you know Wink. And since you removed my bonus I guess your dectectors claim I aren't seeing them nice to know Razz

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Nimras wrote:If i wanted to hide them and keep the bonus ...
This tense is normally used in case you haven't done that yet, which you did however, but let's not dwell on that, I know you like wasting people's time especially when you call me names.

Like I said, it was more of a proof of concept and it worked nicely, enjoy the bonus you received.

Also sidenote on the namecalling, at least use proper grammar otherwise the insult doesn't tend to get taken seriously cheers
One writes "a car" however you have to write "an ant" instead
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:41 pm

As you might have noticed all advertising has been removed. There is also no more option to display ads because of this. The effort needed to prevent unwanted advertising was simply too much compared to the ad revenues. The ads also had the negative side effect of slowing down the game considerably in the far east.

Now the advertising has been suspended for indefinite time. Most likely forever.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Admin wrote:
Nimras wrote:If i wanted to hide them and keep the bonus ...
This tense is normally used in case you haven't done that yet, which you did however, but let's not dwell on that, I know you like wasting people's time especially when you call me names.

Like I said, it was more of a proof of concept and it worked nicely, enjoy the bonus you received.

Also sidenote on the namecalling, at least use proper grammar otherwise the insult doesn't tend to get taken seriously cheers
One writes "a car" however you have to write "an ant" instead

Lol you actually try to dish me because of my mild dyslexia or how ever it is spelled I do not mind Wink. But I didn't call you names I just wondered why you keep claiming you can see I have a add block when I didn't anymore.

Kenzu wrote:As you might have noticed all advertising has been removed. There is also no more option to display ads because of this. The effort needed to prevent unwanted advertising was simply too much compared to the ad revenues. The ads also had the negative side effect of slowing down the game considerably in the far east.

Now the advertising has been suspended for indefinite time. Most likely forever.

Hehe we know and in case you refere to my long post that was before it was removed but its ok.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: