Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More space for "in training" and "total" values

+4
Manleva
Void
seaborgium
Steveanaya
8 posters

Go down

More space for "in training" and "total" values Empty More space for "in training" and "total" values

Post by Steveanaya Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:20 am

As it stands if both of these values reach 8 digits it becomes difficult to distinguish the two values

This is what I'm talking about:

Total XX,769,560 XX,431,800

The value on the right is my amount for the trained unit and the value on the left is the amount I have in training.

As you can tell, the numbers are squished together.

I suggest that they be separated by another 4 digits to prevent this from happening for a long time

Thanks
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

More space for "in training" and "total" values Empty Re: More space for "in training" and "total" values

Post by seaborgium Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 am

anything?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

More space for "in training" and "total" values Empty Re: More space for "in training" and "total" values

Post by Void Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:52 am

Probably attending a wedding or something? Basketball

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:19 am

I'm a little at a loss to see exactly what your issue is and I think you need to clarify things a bit more.

From what I can see there is ample room between the two values. Possibly there may be some thing that Admin can do but from what I see displayed there is not a fixed space between the two values so while you may be seeing xx,999,999 xx,888,888 I am seeing xx,999,999 xx,888,888.

I think that the issue you have may well be a little more complex and may also be tied to both the display and resolution settings. In my case I'm using a laptop with a screen resolution of 1366 x768 in a landscape format. There can also be differences between the different browsers and how they will render screens. I can simulate what you are seeing by Zooming in on my browser and can also get greater space between the values if I zoom out. The trade off here is that Zooming in also makes the text appear larger while zooming out makes it smaller.

From what I can see the information you are referring to is presented in a 3 column table. the left column contains the unit name formatted in bold, the center column the number of units in training which is middle aligned and the right hand column the total number of units which is right aligned. what I cannot see is anything that would actually increase the space between the 2 values.

I think if you adjust your settings you will be able to come up with what you are after. The trade off is that to get the space between the values you mat have to compromise the size of the information displayed.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:14 pm

Heh I use mobile.

Maybe that's it?

AW should become an app on the AppStore:D

Admin would make millions
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 pm

I offed to help admin make a mobile easy site. But like many things it just fell off

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 pm

it's already pretty good as a site for mobile browsers but a mobile app would bring in so many more players due to the large audience.

all you'd need to do is make it a free app and put ads and you'd be set for life
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:52 pm

But how would you make it into an app?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 am

well you'd need a mac

lots of youtube vids out there on how to make an app
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Steveanaya wrote:well you'd need a mac

lots of youtube vids out there on how to make an app

* no iPhone, iPad or iPod crap * no.

MAC sure but not their other crap damn it to hell.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Lol relax
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:08 am

*huggles his Iphone4*
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Koldfate Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:54 am

Nimras wrote:

* no iPhone, iPad or iPod crap * no.

MAC sure but not their other crap damn it to hell.

I hear ya on that. Well I say damn the Macs too.

Koldfate
Untrained Unit
Untrained Unit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:00 pm

iphones will become something serious once you can run flash on it. until then ... Very Happy

anyways as far as I understand it's simply an issue of too small screen size vs big/long numbers, right?

Do you have any reasonable suggestion what to do with it?
Because there's not too many options besides maybe putting in a border line between the "in training" and "ready" columns.

I've tried it, it doesn't look very good
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:28 pm

It's fine for now
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down