Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should protections add up?

+5
melonhead
bebita
rflash
Admin
Kenzu
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If you buy one 2 day protection and two 1 day protections at the same time

Should protections add up? Vote_lcap0%Should protections add up? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should protections add up? Vote_lcap64%Should protections add up? Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 7 ]
Should protections add up? Vote_lcap9%Should protections add up? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Should protections add up? Vote_lcap18%Should protections add up? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Should protections add up? Vote_lcap0%Should protections add up? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should protections add up? Vote_lcap9%Should protections add up? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Should protections add up? Empty Should protections add up?

Post by Kenzu Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Crrently If you buy a 2 day protection, then a 1 day protection and then another 1 day protection,
you will spend: 5 Market reserves + 10 Market trades (2x5) in the Trade Center,
but you will get only a 1 day protection
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Should protections add up? Empty Re: Should protections add up?

Post by Admin Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:54 pm

considering It has been added
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:22 am

unlocked by request

rflash wrote:And to the other thing that was locked .... buying all the PPTs at once ..... I strongly disagree with that .... 1 day PPTs were put in not to have the same situation like in sgw when people spend more then half the week on PPT and they gain enough in that time that no matter what you do to them in the rest of the week they can still grow and grow quite nicely.

I put in the 1 Day and 2 Day protections for the reason that MT and MR management is supposed to be another aspect of the game, the choice whether to be on short protection each week or "save" them up overtime needs to be there.

It was not meant to make people having to login after one day so that they have to reactivate their protection (remember protection limits of 2 one day and 1 two days per week still apply). (Not everyone has access to mobile net, most people i know don't have it)

You cannot, afterall, spend 4 days on protection each week (at least not until you are allowed to donate) due to the fact that you'd be spending nearly twice the amount of Market Turns you actually receive.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:43 am

Exactly, that's what I wanted to say.

You get only 16 market TRADES per week

1 day protection costs you 5 market TRADES, but you can activate only 2 per week
2 day protection costs you 5 market RESERVES (that's 20 market TRADES)

A week where you have a total of 4 days protection costs you therefore 30 market trades!
So you can basically afford it, if there was a single whole week where you didnt have ANY protection at all!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:58 am

I am quite aware of the management differences ..... if you want 4 days of protection you need to have 30 MTs when you take the 3 PPTs, while if you take PPTs one after the other just after MT generation you could need in the beginning only 20 or 21 MTs. Plus you gain 1 more turn of "free protection" - the negative time, so 1.5h more.

However, the way I see things it should be slightly more costly for your realm to stay 4 days in protection (or to add one after the other) .... so if you want to be protected for a longer period without the need to log in you should pay something .... 1 mil kuwal .... 50 STs .... something along those lines .... not expensive but something.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bebita Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:37 pm

good ideea Razz
1 mt + for the cost of every ppt put Smile

bebita
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:13 pm

They definitly need to stack, mobile net is great lots of people have cell phones, but if you go out of country you lose your ability to go on the mobile net... like 2 weeks ago I went to florida from canada couldn't use my net to login.
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:34 pm

could someone try saying a few counter arguments against this? if there are any.
maybe i failed to notice something
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:58 pm

melonhead wrote:They definitly need to stack, mobile net is great lots of people have cell phones, but if you go out of country you lose your ability to go on the mobile net... like 2 weeks ago I went to florida from canada couldn't use my net to login.

See, and that's exactly why they should stack.

I know, some people never go anywhere and have internet at home, so they will not face any problems, but quite many people will benefit from this option from time to time.

By benefit I mean that they will not be punished for not being able to access net at that time. This makes it fair for everyone.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:07 pm

this is a game that you play, not one that plays for or around you.

i personally think that ppt shouldnt exist,( especially not be bought with $$) if you are away for a week you should go on vacation mode ( note to admin ( this needs to be added/turned on i think we had it in beta ). if your away for a few days, build a defence and/or covert, simple. ( ther are other ways too but i wont go into them now as that would be off topic Very Happy )

but since ppts are here, i dont realy see any justificatin for ppts automatically stacking up. iv never seen it in any other games i have played, and for good reason, its not needed. im trying to think of a really good argument against this, but there doesnt need to be one Cool if you want 4 days of protection then you can, but you must login to activate the new ones.

a real world example ... ( hard to compare a real world to a game like this ) ok i got a good one. if i want to leave my dog at home, i need to give him water/food. now if i left 4 days of food out, it will not be there the next, and my dog will starve for the enxt 3 days. however if i go in once a day i can top up the food and dog will be happy.

i knwo that was shit but u get the point hopefully. by allowing people to stack ppts, you are making the game too Laissez Faire. its a game that to be competetive at you need to be active or pay the penalty of 0 growth on vac mode, or less gorwth for you and greater for enemies if they steal your kuwal/uu. and lets not remember. Aderan Wars. this is a war game, what war games do you know where everyone is protected for 4 out of every 1 days.

well this is my long crap rant over, but just to summarize Razz

this is an active game, you should be active too.
this is a war game
my dog is greedy

Last edited by chaos on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellings 8) :D)
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:32 pm

chaos the main point of protections will be for people to have a chance to rebuild their forces to mount a retaliatory attack, cos you know training facilities = you can't instant train an army without horrendous costs

+ later when people can even destroy these facilities...

well you get the picture
If it weren't for that i'd still have left protection ingame but maybe left it for 2 days per week tops.

btw the metaphor was good, but i mean you could also pay some poor bastard student some slave wage to come by after 2 days to give your dog some extra food Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:18 pm

And you come to my point Wink

Adding could be possible, but for some extra cost.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:33 pm

rflash wrote:And you come to my point Wink

note the slave wage part of my sentence Very Happy

+1 MT to stack a protection
was what bebita suggested, would be good I think
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:02 pm

I can agree with that.

One thing I would like to point out. If your fairly well established, a 3 or 4 day "outing" can be catostophic for your account Without stacking PPT's. Its very costly to retrain income to the lowest income, and if you untrain you get raided. So a 3 or 4 day "loss of net" for any reason can lead to a dismantled def. and if you do retrain the cost is fairly high as well.

Since the cost for a 48Hr PPT is so high I think the present set up is fine, you can realisticly only stack the two 24hr ppts.

I have no objections to the +1 cost on stacking as it is a "free" benifit right now.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:38 pm

i still dont believe this is enough. it makes the game work around you a bit too much for my liking. if yur away for 4 days, go on ppt or there are other options if u think about it ople.

by adding +1 mt for each stack would still mean its still possiable to be protected for 4 out of every 16 days, thats 1/4 of the time.
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:06 pm

well normally you will not want to pay extra MT's in order to get stacked protection cos you'll just activate it before it's over (meaning also increased chances of people forgetting the end of protections because they don't want to pay extra cost Very Happy)

This option is more to help out those few cases where you really need to go away for 3-4 days hard without net and still not fall behind in growth.

Currently as it stands you can be on protection for 2.6 days per week (compare that to the sgw 4 days, eh?). But if you don't spend MT's on protections you can increase your growth a bit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:28 pm

chaos wrote:i still dont believe this is enough. it makes the game work around you a bit too much for my liking. if yur away for 4 days, go on ppt or there are other options if u think about it ople.

by adding +1 mt for each stack would still mean its still possiable to be protected for 4 out of every 16 days, thats 1/4 of the time.

It's not possible to stay that long as admin pointed out earlier.

If you are thinking of the PPT that can could be bought with cash then yeah ..... +1 MT seems too low. But for now that's a decent cost and when SS will be available we will talk again about adding PPTs.

Once we have a possible date of release we should have a talk about all the implications that paying cash will have to the game, some limitation on how many SS you can buy in a given period of time, how many PPTs, etc ..... but we need to know exactly the costs and the benefits, until then it's kind of pointless.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Admin wrote:
rflash wrote:And you come to my point Wink

note the slave wage part of my sentence Very Happy

+1 MT to stack a protection
was what bebita suggested, would be good I think

When I have only little time left (a few hours) it's nonsense to pay more MT.
There could be a possibility if I want to stack it up or not, if not I don't pay, BUT

Why should we make it more complicated at all?
To increase the cpu use everywhere possible so that it has more values to check each times someone buys a protection so that we can sabotage our own game?

No thanks!

We should keep things as they are. stacked.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by cjl Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 pm

perhaps create two types of protection, stacked, which adds on and costs more MTs to apply and not stacked, with no added penalty

cjl
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Alliance : Hounds of War- Leader
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 pm

I prefer to keep things simple.

Actually there is what you suggest already in place.

You can have 2 times 1 day protection and next week again 2 times 1 day protection, so 2 times 2 days in in 2 weeks
(costs 20 MT altogether, unstacked in two 2 day time periods)

or

you can have two 1 day protections and one 2 day protections in one week, and the next week you skip.
(costs 30 MT altogether, stacked into a 4 day time period)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by [AK]Zerathull Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:00 am

my 2 cents....

In all honesty I am with chaos on this one.....what is the big deal???? I mean I would expect the smaller guys that are being constantly farmed every day to whine for 4 day ppt`s so they could at least build up something and not the big guys that already have 6 mill defences at the time where the highest strike is 5 mill....no offence

I think ppt should stay as they are, 2 days is quite enough,above 2 is already too much....

You want people to play the game,to be active and to do something to grow and catch up with others.....now explain to me how do you manage to do that with 4 days ppt????....by letting the acount do everything for the players itself????
Personally I think this 4 day ppt issue is just for the lazy guys who are to lazzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy to log in a bit more often and do something to catch....

negative of the 4 day ppt`s:
1. you restrict the players who actively farm or wish to farm by decreasing the amount of days when the acount is unprotected from 5 to 3
2. you help the lazy ones be more lazy then they are
3. you support biggest acounts become bigger because even if they lose a part of their income during those 3 days,they shall still make a whole lot more with those 4 days of ppt so the loss will never matter
4. loads of arguments I have read here still don`t make sense and are just an excuse how to escape potential farmers

I could continue but it`s already too late and someone has to work in the morning so to the point

you want a 4 day ppt????.....then ask the admin to make a little change in the coding and it shall be done....

My solution:
personally what I hate here about ppt`s here is that when I use them I can use them again in 7 days which is stupid
example:
I use my ppt on wednesday and thursday and then I have to wait till another thursday till I can activate it again.....wth???? Mad
simply make it like in SGW that the market week ends on sunday for example and you can have a 4 day ppt
saturday and sunday from this week and monday and tuesday from new week.....

is it so hard to do something like this.....we get to keep the 2 day ppt`s as we want and you others get your 4 day protection......that`s as simple as I can give it to you.....
And again I strongly disagree with 4 day ppt`s.....this is a war game,not "let`s go grab a tea and let our acounts grow on our 4 day ppt`s" game.......it`s a war game!!!!.....be active,grow,play it or leave it......anyone that`s too lazy to play and wants 4 day ppt`s, I recommend you go play sims and see that not even there are 4 day ppt`s possible,maybe 2 but definately not four......

PS:I am most amazed that you flash are requesting aditional ppt lmao.....it`s like taking food away from your mouth.....oh well Rolling Eyes

[AK]Zerathull
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:51 am

Just clarifying: You do realize that this is not about increasing nor decreasing amount of time you can be on Protection, but whether or not or at what cost if any it will be allowed to activate more than one or all protections at one moment in order to be protected for the combined time of these protections.

At least how I understood is that you don't want protection to be increased from 2 per week to 4 per week. But it already is that you can have 4 days per week of protection.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:43 am

[AK]Zerathull wrote:my 2 cents....

In all honesty I am with chaos on this one.....what is the big deal???? I mean I would expect the smaller guys that are being constantly farmed every day to whine for 4 day ppt`s so they could at least build up something and not the big guys that already have 6 mill defences at the time where the highest strike is 5 mill....no offence

I think ppt should stay as they are, 2 days is quite enough,above 2 is already too much....

You want people to play the game,to be active and to do something to grow and catch up with others.....now explain to me how do you manage to do that with 4 days ppt????....by letting the acount do everything for the players itself????
Personally I think this 4 day ppt issue is just for the lazy guys who are to lazzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy to log in a bit more often and do something to catch....

Even though I personally have no benefits from protection, since I have rank 1 defense and don't need to use protection at all, I am representing World Republic and its many members and many of them have armysizes around the average. Many are playing a MMORPG for the first time in their life and when we leave protection stackable it is a good things, because the game will be less time consuming for them and less of them will quit playing.

It is in the interest of us all to keep the game less time consuming, since more first-time-to-play-MMORPG guys will stay playing after they sign up. (More players = moe fun!)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 am

[AK]Zerathull wrote:PS:I am most amazed that you flash are requesting aditional ppt lmao.....it`s like taking food away from your mouth.....oh well Rolling Eyes

You don't seem to get it. As it stands now every player gets 16 MTs a week. If he uses 10 of them to stay 2 days in protection he needs a bit over 3 weeks to save enough MTs, converted into MRs to get an additional 2 days protection. Or if you want exact numbers ... every 10 weeks a player can spend 2*10+2*3=26 days in protection. So 26 out of 70, that's 37.1% or as admin has said 2.6 days every week.

If people decide to stack PPTs, cause that's the subject of this topic they lose more MTs, so they won't be able to stay on protection as long as they do without stacking and that's an advantage for active people.

Kenzu wrote:Even though I personally have no benefits from protection, since I have rank 1 defense and don't need to use protection at all

Bla, bla , bla ..... just stay not 4 days but just 1 day without logging in and we will see how good that rank 1 defense is Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by [AK]Zerathull Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:41 pm

lmao....anyone converting MT into MRs is imho stupid because it`s not worth it....yeah you have extra 2 days of protection but for the AT you could of get for for those you could of made tons more by farming then spending 2 days on ppt.....anyway everyone does with their Mts what they want so what the heck....

btw that response about his def sounded like a challenge.....I mean there are tons of other targets you can pick, I mean that everyone has their own temper,someone is more patient and someone isn`t,just pick your food carefully,it`s in your best interest dude Wink

[AK]Zerathull
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next