Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ST in Galactic Market

+2
ghyogod
donttazeme
6 posters

Go down

ST in Galactic Market Empty ST in Galactic Market

Post by donttazeme Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:09 am

I would first like to ask that before you comment, to read my full argument and then reply then, and only then.

This is probably a topic that has been greatly debated in the past: I wish to suggest that Supply turns be tradeable in the galactic market.

I am NOT suggesting in any way, shape or form, a method of introducing more ST into the game... i AM suggesting a way for ST that currently exists in the game to be traded with other players.

My reasoning is based upon the following argument(s):

Up until now, it has been maintained that ST shouldn't be traded for the sole reason that it should be the "limiter" of missions in the game, yet while looking at each and every mission, there are actually 2 limiters already on each mission... for example: assassin missions and sabotage both require covert turns(which already are in a highly limited supply) and supply turns. allowing supply turns to be tradeable would not affect the game in the slightest in this regard, because you cannot do any more of these missions unless you get more covert turns. In this regard, you are double limiting more then half of all missions in this game, something which is unfair to players. Allowing more covert turns in the game WOULD throw off the balance in the game -> more covert would allow more spies, more sabotage/assasin missions, but allowing the trade of supply turns wouldnt affect the situation in the least and would create a more fair attacking system.

For strike missions, attack turns and supply turns are both required for each mission type. Allowing supply turns to be tradeable might enable for more assault missions to occur, but as everyone already knows, when an equal defense meets an equal offense, the aggressor will always greatly lose more troops and weapons than the defender, setting up a situation where "the house always wins", in this case, the house being the defender. Allowing supply turns to be traded would not throw off the balance in the game in any way at all.

And lastly, the fact that supply turns are untradeable sets up a situation where you are forced to either spend the supply turns on attacks, or risk losing any future production of turns without any compensation... Allowing trading of ST will enable another pathway for players to interact, trade, and also allows more flexibility in player schedules without causing any harm to the player's account or to the balance of the game.

-----------------------------------

Lastly, i appreciate the consideration and the fact that you've read all the way down to the bottom of my post. I am merely posting my thoughts on this topic, and maybe someday supply turns will be tradeable, but as of right now, i am merely looking for feedback from the players, as well as admin on this topic

donttazeme
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

ST in Galactic Market Empty Re: ST in Galactic Market

Post by ghyogod Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 am

The limit has it's purpose.
if u made ST purchaseable, players could grow over night and that would create chaos. and it would hugely extend the amount of time required to spend on AW each day.
may be frustrating but not without purpose Smile

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 6311
Alliance : Mujengan
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am

Having it as a GM option means that it will be something that's only available to players with SS which would disadvantage non-SS players.

I have also seen other suggestions regarding making more CT available so care would need to be taken not to unbalance things.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:56 am

haveing a limit to ST makes its point guys. the game is not real time action, people have jobs and other bussines. u cant allow limmitless war action. think about that.

CT are used for sabotage and assasins misions. u would not want to raise that.
think guys think..

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:09 am

ghy
did you really not read it?
He said that CTs are limited, you can only hold 60, yet you only get 2 per turn(i think haha haven't looked in a while).
thats 96 a day(again I think I am up due to my son being sick, puke uck).

He posted abuot making STs tradable. As it stands you can get more ATs then you can use in normal farm/raids. The only time ATs are out used over production is hostile actions.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by donttazeme Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm

@manleva as opposed to what exactly? your argument is that it would be unfair to non-SS people? as opposed to the current situation of... unlimited trading, with 0 % taxes of turns, kuwal and UU, while non SS are forced to use a limited trade center? the entire purpose of having SS and the fact that it runs out and needs to be renewed gives justice to its purpose, and clear cut advantage over non SS trading system.

@ghyo unlimited war action? how so? covert turns would not be given out at any rate faster then what it is, so sabotage and assasinations would occur at the same rate... and im not asking to turn this into endless war.. heck, part of my reasoning for making it happen is to allow people to not be forced to sign on if they dont have the time... by enabling supply turns to be sold, they would not be negatively affected by their time away

and as for the strike missions... while they might occur slightly more frequently by my suggestion... both require one army to meet another. the limiter in this situation is both.. attack turns, and one's army..

and frankly speaking, if you are one of the players who is wishing that there were more active players, take a look around you... The situation currently in the game leads to people having tens of billions of stats.. and Frankly speaking... people's account SHOULD reflect their activity levels, not seniority or who has been here the longest

donttazeme
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:40 pm

@seaborgium► i did not make myself clear. the 60 CT limit is fine in my opinion.

@donttazeme► extremely good point there, in the last phrase.
BUT here is a calc.
if ST should have the price X.
for an ordinary raid action u need 10 AT. *(wich currently cost 330m )
uu price today 280k
10AT +2*X ► 2000uu ► 560m ► 18.4 AT.
so long story short 10AT +2ST► 18.4 AT *(at today's prices)
so 1 ST = 4,2 AT here.

conclusion►if u value 1ST > 4.2 AT the idea could work quite well, indeed, and still encourage active players.
if 1ST would worth less than 4.2 AT the loop i described could go on forever.

if admin would allow this, prices of uu would fall due to the loop i described, and this is only one example of many.
criticise but keep in mind that this is not a real time strategy game, it is turn based. and people have school, jobs, children.

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by donttazeme Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:03 pm

the market will determine its own price, ghyo.. and people who work or have jobs.. this would help people who arent able to play as well, by letting them sell turns so they dont reach max and stop gaining.

in your last post, i really dont see any reason why making ST tradeable would be bad... you are merely stating the value of ST in terms of AT, something which, shouldnt even matter a nd should be determines by the market through supply and demand. there wont ever be a loop.. because people will not always be selling ST.. there will be a finite amount, and no introduction of any NEW st

donttazeme
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:27 pm

No!

ST were set up as a limit for massing and limit to farming
Allowing people getting ST in any way other than waiting would defeat its purpose.

AW is about strategy, and its up to each player to make the best use of their ST.

Allowing ST to be bought, no matter how expensive, would damage the character of the game and shift this game from a strategy game to a "who has more time is the better player " game.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by donttazeme Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:41 pm

as it stands now, the top tier players are those who have played the longest, yet all of you older players sit atop your billions of stats while on one hand trying to prevent the success of n ewer players, yet on the other, co mplaining there are no newer players, lol..

part of a strategy game is to allow flexibility, and your complete rejection of the idea shows how out of touch you really are with the game. and to be fair.. part of dedicating your time to the game is also a great example of strategy, and should not be rejected or prevented in any way

if there was an actual way for newer players to catch up to the older, shouldnt it be allowed? this game currently consists of three or four major alliances, fighting each other every other month, and sadly, out of 7300 players, only around 150 or so can be described as active.

you are merely thinking selfishly for your farming and raiding prospects if there is mor competition out there, at the end of the day, you will be getting less. who knows kenzu.. maybe if ST's were tradeable, you wouldnt have had to kick out more than 50 players from ur alliance recently.... mostly new players, who i can almost gaurantee we picked on by bigger, older players..

so i repeat.. a strategy game should NOT be led by the player who is the longest time here, and should allow for fairness throughout, and part of this is making ST's tradeable

donttazeme
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:08 pm

donttazeme wrote:as it stands now, the top tier players are those who have played the longest, yet all of you older players sit atop your billions of stats while on one hand trying to prevent the success of n ewer players, yet on the other, co mplaining there are no newer players, lol..

part of a strategy game is to allow flexibility, and your complete rejection of the idea shows how out of touch you really are with the game. and to be fair.. part of dedicating your time to the game is also a great example of strategy, and should not be rejected or prevented in any way

if there was an actual way for newer players to catch up to the older, shouldnt it be allowed? this game currently consists of three or four major alliances, fighting each other every other month, and sadly, out of 7300 players, only around 150 or so can be described as active.

you are merely thinking selfishly for your farming and raiding prospects if there is mor competition out there, at the end of the day, you will be getting less. who knows kenzu.. maybe if ST's were tradeable, you wouldnt have had to kick out more than 50 players from ur alliance recently.... mostly new players, who i can almost gaurantee we picked on by bigger, older players..

so i repeat.. a strategy game should NOT be led by the player who is the longest time here, and should allow for fairness throughout, and part of this is making ST's tradeable

No really u got it all wrong. kenzu said it perfectly. u are complaining because u are not patient.
as i sugested loops could be created if ST were treadeble. when u will go to war u will understand that players will pay enormously to mass others. no matter how expensive they would be.
i am sure u will realise that building ur stats in the game is easy. but if u want to raise them in a proper manner, 15-30 and not 80 % military u will have to be a patient player.
surely u can find urself quite fast on the first page but u will be very weak without an income. the difference between u and a big player is that he can go to war, get massed and then rise again faster. he got there by patiently farming raiding tradeing.
growth is slower for him who has a big population. kenzu should have like 46-47% AE.
that means u get 50 kuwal per turn from a farmer and kenzu gets 24.
do u think somehow that helps u a bit? Smile
also u can easily have figured out already that tech costs use an exponential function. the power of 1.05 or somethin. one percent of atack for a daning from 200% to 201% costs like 18bilion. from 230 to 231% costs around 40billion. *( my calculus is just an estimate so don't put fire on me if they are not exact )
that means u can surely catch up.

and imagine for a moment how fast could kenzu profit from tradeing ST. just do that. u will not be the only player that could develop faster. Smile

just figure out a way. u are a free bird, dont teaze me, fly !

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:49 pm

first of all welcome to the forum donttazeme

as ghyogod already explained there are a number of factors put into the game for the precise reason that there are players who have been playing for long.

One major thing is AE which already cuts down the income they produce severly, someone might have a 20 mil population, but 3 people with 4 million population would produce more income than that one person.

ST's are one thing that is meant to put everyone on the same level.
Imagine a small player would want to buy ST's so that they can farm and raid more often.
Don't you think that the big guys wouldn't buy even more ST's and then grow even faster?

It is possible to catch up, the imperium is a good example. Most of them started playing half a year or more after the game started, eventually they caught up with everyone else through organization and activity

I hope you dont take the posts people wrote too personally but trust me, there's not many people here who would think only of their own account when talking about changes in the game.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down