Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great move...

3 posters

Go down

Great move... Empty Great move...

Post by J1nx Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:31 am

... altering the mechanics at the end of the round with roughly a week left Rolling Eyes
These changes should have only come in the new round or in a short test phase... by adjusting the heal rate and AE u'v completely altered strategies, allowing those who have been war active to make an easy climb in ranks by allowing free training into military units while others have no way to compete with the massive increases of armies and to top it off my income has been slashed significantly making my original strategy completely ineffective now.
Of course with the new updates the creator of the game has shot up in rank... seems a bit too convenient for me... if this is a taste of watz to come in the future for red apocalypse then i wont be playing

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Great move... Empty Re: Great move...

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:44 pm

he has to make it so certain people win, are you not use to that by now?

Yala,,, LOL

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:54 pm

The development of Red Apocalypse will not be slowed down by things such as end of round. Furthermore it's better to make updates before the next round starts, so that people can get used to it.

All these updates were long overdue. They have been suggested and approved long time ago.

You mention healrate. Of course healing at a faster rate will help those who had high casualties in wars. But consider 2 things.

One:
Those who had less casualties are actually better off, because they have lost less troops. If two players are equally strong, and one loses 100k soldiers and can recover only half as healed units, then he will be weaker.

Two:
Research costs grow extremely high. I increased my healrate from 5% to 6%, it cost me roughly 400 million kuwal. Increasing by another 1% will cost me probably 2 billion. Now that the round ends, it is better to invest in military than increasing beyond 7%. I personally think 6% is already enough. And consider that I had huge losses in wars, but got only few wounded left.

I lost 380.000 military units, and now I got only 30.000 wounded. Why spend 2 billion on increasing healrate by 1%, if can train 10.000 units into soldiers instead?

I will heal 12.000 units until round ends with 5%
If someone increases to 7% (more is too costly), he will heal 14.500 units.

2.500 benefit from better healing is almost nothing for a game where people have 1 million population on average.
I have rank 4 war experience, which means that all big fighters will also not benefit by more than 2500 more units.

So please tell me, what "massive increases in armies" are you talking about?

"Of course with the new updates the creator of the game has shot up in rank"
I find it funny how you like to exaggerate things! Update came on 27th Janurary. Before the update, on 25th January I had rank 3. Now it's 27 January and I am rank 2. I improved my rank position by only 1 place.
Now lets look how I benefited through the update. I upgraded my healrate from 5% to 6%. In 1 day, I got 300 more healed than without the upgrade. But I paid 400.000.000 for the upgrade.
I could have bought 300 UU at a rate of 1.300.000 kuwal and be better off! Without the update I would still be rank 2.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 am

A good sign of what is to come. Everyone should pay attention and don't act suprised.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by J1nx Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm

i still dont agree with changing the game at the end of a round...

as for the increased healing... i may be wrong in the aspect that it will drastically boost people's armies bcuz iv noticed that today my wounded has decreased by 3k but my healed units have only increased by around 300...

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:10 pm

This could be a bug. Let's have it checked.

EDIT: Yes it was a bug. Wounded have been decreasing at a rate of 50% per day, while healed have been increasing at the rate of 5%. In other words 45% of all wounded have been killed by this.
I had 30.000 wounded and 0 healed before the update and now I got roughly 15.000, but only 1.500 healed. Same situation with everyone.

Bug is fixed now.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down