Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug? Not sure

+3
Kenzu
melonhead
charlychin
7 posters

Go down

Bug? Not sure Empty Bug? Not sure

Post by charlychin Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi everyone! The facts are as follow: first i've got an officer, and in the unit production page (which title it's shown as Income Details, but this is a minor bug, isn't it?) i could see how the commander bonus amount increases, so i think the logical thing is to see an officer bonus as i got an offcier, but perhaps it follows another logical sequence that could be right too. In second way, now i've got a commander, my commander bonus amount is the same that i had without him (just with the officer), and my officer bonus keeps being 0. So then, what's happened here? Razz

charlychin
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Bug? Not sure Empty Re: Bug? Not sure

Post by melonhead Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:35 pm

are you paying your officer 100% cause if so it will show 0
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

if you got a commander you get officer bonus, if you are a commander you get commander bonus

if you pay 100% to officer, then your commander bonus will be 0
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by charlychin Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:08 am

Yeah! That's it. I was paying 100%. So then, if i pay less to my officers more bonus will i get? Because the bonus increase as i reduce the amount i pay

charlychin
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:15 pm

that or get a commander who also pays 100%

if everyone pays 100% then everyone is treated equal. Commanders who pay less are exploiting their officers.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by J1nx Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:26 pm

officers and commanders now exhibit commensal symbiosis whereby the officer benefits but the commander neither benefits nor is harmed...

J1nx
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Nomad wrote:that or get a commander who also pays 100%

if everyone pays 100% then everyone is treated equal. Commanders who pay less are exploiting their officers.

I'd say at 50% everyone is treated equal. If 2 people are alone and one of them becomes officer of the other one, then each will receive the same bonus.

With 100% officers gets all benefit while commander gets nothing, that's why paying 100% is equal to being a benevolent commander who likes to do some charity.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:10 am

But its not, because an officer gets a bonus based on HIS UP, a commander get a bonus on Someone elses UP. A commander gets free UP from multiple officers. An officer gets UP from 1 commander.

See the difference?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by charlychin Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Sorry for not having answered before, i have been a bit busy. I agree with nomad, it seems that if an officer pays 100% he will give all, but he just have one source to his up, himself, so the only way to get more is being a commander too. But in the other way, the commander can have several officers, so his up will always increase, so the bonus when both give 100% seems to be the same that in the original aderanwars. Personally i feel better the way userd in origl aderanwars than this one, but perhaps we have to discover its secrets before Razz

charlychin
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:16 pm

explain to me the logic behind having officers if you pay them 100% anyway

might aswell not have officers at all
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Admin wrote:explain to me the logic behind having officers if you pay them 100% anyway

Improves your relations with them.

But you are right that it doesnt help you at all in real terms at the very moment you have them.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:20 am

Helping officers isn't always based on getting anything in return, but that was an argument back for the PTR stuff. But it was down played at the time.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Admin wrote:explain to me the logic behind having officers if you pay them 100% anyway

If you have no commander or officer everyone gets nothing as there is no lone wolf bonus.

If everyone took 1 officer and 1 commander then everyone in the entire game but 2 people, (the top and bottom) all get 100% of their OWN UP bonus.

Presently it is set up so that a commander get stuff for free, and it is based solely on "someone elses" work. A commander can constantly gain UP and never invest in it. If an officer wants an increase he has to pay for it. He will never get an increase from the commander no matter what the commander increases because everything is based solely on the officers UP. In other games the commander income was the base for what an officer got, so the more a commander grew the better paid an officer was. That is not the case here.

Again. officers get 1 commander, Commanders get 8 officers. The best an officer can ever hope for is 20% of his own UP, a commander can get 160% of 8 other peoples UP.

I'm not saying this is a bad system in need of scrapping, just that it needs tweeking. There is NO "cost" to being a commander. Only benifit. With so few players in the game that means few officers to go around.

@ Admin,,,, if you think its such a bad idea to pay 100% then why not allow co/officer circles of 5 or more people?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:40 pm

and in other games it was set up that you got a percentage of officers income no matter what up the officer have and it was unfair, either for one or the other.

on Aderan Wars
there was never such thing as a lone wolf bonus, given commander and officer share their bonuses evenly, those who have commander and officer are always better off than those who are alone, even on main.

why should there necessarily be a cost for the commander? I dont see why, especially not if the officer gets most of the bonus no matter what.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by charlychin Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:04 am

Hi again! In my opinion way isn't being alone. The fact it's just that seems that an officer doesn't get a fair profit from his commander. As it's said, when a player becomes in officer, he just gets some raw up from his commander, but the commander has several officers who give him much more up. This shows that an officer depends on getting a commander with a big raw unit production, but a commander can get the same with officer with less raw, so it semms unbalanced.

charlychin
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:35 pm

an officer gets nothing from a commander.

What the officer gets from a commander is based on the officers UP, not the commanders.

No matter how big a commander gets, the officer is paid from his own UP, thats what makes it unbalanced. The commander gets stuff for free with no cost to him.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by charlychin Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Yes, you're right Nomad, an officer doesn't seem getting any profit from his commander, but i wanted assure that before saying because i can be wrong, perhaps something i haven't noticed. But now you've said ( this will be a faster way xD ) perhaps admin or any other player can show his oppinion about this: an officer doesn't seem that can get any profit from his commander, are you agree?

charlychin
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum