Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auction House

4 posters

Go down

Auction House Empty Auction House

Post by chaos Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 pm

Hey

This has worked vvery wll in Dune Wars, wherby anyone can post auctions of kuwal/uu/AT's for kuwal/uu/AT's. It allows a more easily accesable and open market rate to develop, rather than just the normal ingame market that can be affected through eg AT's hortages etc.

The trades can be an acutal auction whrere players can bid for th e resources ova a time period of 12/24.48 hours, or a simple ''buy now trade'' kind of like 'who will give me 4 uu for my 1 at. those who have seenin in dune wars will kno what i am talking about better Razz

there can also be the option of an alliance specific auctin house aswel.

This is another optin that also allows smaller players, who may not be in alliances to trade with anyone in the game, with ease
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Auction House Empty Re: Auction House

Post by Nomad Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 am

I have seen them before, and its a difficult thing. I personally did not like them because where I was didnt require you to buy all the resources but just a % of them. That I did not like.

Secondly. people would do big trades knowing the other person was not online and then mass them and take the resources back.

Third, I dont like my enemy buying my good to war with me.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Nomad wrote:I personally did not like them because where I was didnt require you to buy all the resources but just a % of them. That I did not like.
Why is that a problem, sometimes people can't afford to buy it all.

Nomad wrote:Secondly. people would do big trades knowing the other person was not online and then mass them and take the resources back.
Not if it's coded that after the trade is accepted you have half a day to recover the goods from the AH

Nomad wrote:Third, I dont like my enemy buying my good to war with me.
How about not putting up a trade then and selling directly to people the old fashioned way.
Just cos a function would be there doesn't mean you are forced to use it
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pegasus Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:19 pm

lol , the idea came from dunewars right , well in that you have to click the link to collect the resources ( at least you did have to when i played it )

Lord Pegasus
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 10
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Lord Pegasus wrote:lol , the idea came from dunewars right , well in that you have to click the link to collect the resources ( at least you did have to when i played it )
well yes and no, yes because it's sorta like that in dunewars, no because putting the bought resources in the open for the offline player is a silly idea in the first place.
that's like when a broker gets accepted the kuwal you'd receive would go into the open
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:50 am

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:I personally did not like them because where I was didnt require you to buy all the resources but just a % of them. That I did not like.
Why is that a problem, sometimes people can't afford to buy it all.

Nomad wrote:Secondly. people would do big trades knowing the other person was not online and then mass them and take the resources back.
Not if it's coded that after the trade is accepted you have half a day to recover the goods from the AH

Nomad wrote:Third, I dont like my enemy buying my good to war with me.
How about not putting up a trade then and selling directly to people the old fashioned way.
Just cos a function would be there doesn't mean you are forced to use it

1. I dont like haveing a few resources trickle back, or expire. JMO
2. If its coded that way then fine.
3. If you leave multiple options in then yes. If you go to this alone then its a problem.

Why are you going to have multiple trading markets?

This is also bad in the manner of extortion in my experiances in the past, but as I said, this is just my opinion that I'm offering, nothing more.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:05 am

Well extortion will be there if you like it or not, besides, extortion exists IRL. Is a valid tactic ingame too, no one forces you to pay (and here the extortionist actually has losses if he wants to mass you)

The expiring thing has to be done for the simple reason to prevent people using the AH as a bank, however i could also give an infinite recovery time but code that you loose 10% of all unsold items

And it's not really multiple trading markets, the thing is everyone has access to the public market, and it's a great way for new players who don't know their way around to get some kuwal rolling by selling their uu's or at's.

AH and the p2p transfer (direct and broker) will only be available to donators, and it's a strict player to player.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:44 pm

Admin wrote:Well extortion will be there if you like it or not, besides, extortion exists IRL. Is a valid tactic ingame too, no one forces you to pay (and here the extortionist actually has losses if he wants to mass you)

The expiring thing has to be done for the simple reason to prevent people using the AH as a bank, however i could also give an infinite recovery time but code that you loose 10% of all unsold items

And it's not really multiple trading markets, the thing is everyone has access to the public market, and it's a great way for new players who don't know their way around to get some kuwal rolling by selling their uu's or at's.

AH and the p2p transfer (direct and broker) will only be available to donators, and it's a strict player to player.

Then I have no problem with it, as long as you stop it being used as a bank by counting all goods in market against your account.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down