Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hero

+2
rflash
Halaryel
6 posters

Go down

Hero Empty Hero

Post by Halaryel Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:13 am

I know that it would/may make the game a little more "complicated"

the base idea would be to have a Hero leading your army, either have one hero per category, or hero would have a stat for every category.

Hero would gain some experience while fighting. He would have hit point, and chance are he get hit while in battle (but no permanent death).

The overall bonus should be balanced to not be more than 5 to 10% to stat, so that just more fun and stuff to do.

While leveling up (more and more harder to level up) he would be granted more power.
For example, a hero level 10 would be same power as 100 super soldiers (either defensive or offensive) and 100 spies and 100 assassin. Or you would have point you allocate to stats.

I think it would be nice that every level you gain your level "ability point" that you can spend in stats, 1 point for level 1, 2 point for level 2, etc.... Each stat level would be equal to 10 super soldiers.

Of course you gain experience through battle (any move). But it should be balanced so very active player dont get too powerfull through hero. For those too lazy, shy, or whatever to battle, an option should exist to send hero to military camp (a construction) but at the cost that the hero is not defending home.

Not sure it is clear, but that the baseline. I know it may be a little the same as personnal points.but in a more funny way.

Regards.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Hero Empty Re: Hero

Post by rflash Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm

It sounds fun and it will add some more strategy ..... the more complicated the better Smile

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:36 pm

ok, i never really like the idea of you owning a hero, although a fun one.
So what about this rough outline [even if it is a good idea not yet sure if i'll code it]:

Specialized leaders offer their services.
There is only a limited amount of them and they will only join the highest bidder.

They grant some % bonus to some stat whichever they are good at (or maybe even grant some other bonus, such as decreased casualties in sab missions or battles)
Whoever offers to pay them most each day as salary, that person is who they will serve.

However: Upon joining they will receive 10-15 days of their salary immediately.
And they request salary increases at regular intervals up to the point where the person will most likely not agree to pay the increase in which case another bidding war will start so that this leader can join another player.
He might also join the player he used to be under again, but the player needs to pay the 10-15 days of the new lower salary as initial payment again

Key points:
High initial payout upon joining
Salary increase up to the point where keeping the leader is not a viable alternative in order to keep the flow of units

Problems:
Scarcity resource, this is meant to be available to only the big players who will want to pay the highest initial salary to these leaders
(However it is safe to assume that even if I'd use the initial hero idea, then the larger players heroes would be more powerful than the heroes of the weaker players.
Basically instead of giving some large players +5% and all small players +2% [ARBITRARY NUMBERS!!!] a boost to some stat, i'll give a 4% boost to some large players at a significant extra cost and 0% boost to all other players)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rflash Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Yes, even better.

Just like mmo2 with leaders ... but maybe make then also have "bad" traits ... so for example X gives you -20% casualties when attacking, a 5% bonus to total covert power, but -10% to defense and a 2% increase to AE (so if you had 80% you get 78.4%) ... alot of combos possible.

rflash
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:22 pm

So the richest and most powerfull get richer and more powerfull and the rest of us stay the same....

...hmnnnzzz... Neutral Mad
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:41 pm

melonhead wrote:So the richest and most powerfull get richer and more powerfull and the rest of us stay the same....

...hmnnnzzz... Neutral Mad
wrong analogy
the richest and most powerful get something to spend money which they could use anyway to buy stuff that will make them richer (i.e. up and untrained) or that will make them stronger (leader units, or buying more weapons and training more spies)

it's the same either way
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:28 pm

lol i dont mean to sound negitive, i just meant dont forget about us new guys
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:26 am

melonhead wrote:lol i dont mean to sound negitive, i just meant dont forget about us new guys
Because most of the updates I release actually gives a bigger benefit to a few strong large players than to many smaller ones? Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by . Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:16 pm

i think a hero would be nice :d

like in tribalwars

in tribalwars your hero can find items that give you more attack more def ....

you can do all kinda stuff :d

make 4 different races of heros to give more attack def cover or assassin power

and they all lvl in different ways ...

Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pegasus Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:20 pm

but this isnt like tribal wars at all , that is an action/adventure rpg , when as this is a text based rpg

Lord Pegasus
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 10
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Lord Pegasus wrote:but this isnt like tribal wars at all , that is an action/adventure rpg , when as this is a text based rpg
and one excludes the other? Razz
just cos there aren't fancy graphics doesn't mean you can't get the features.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:50 pm

i prefer hero, because everybody can have its own hero. same as a tamagochi... agamein thegame... i dont know... even if it is only 1% more power, aslong it is fun.

i dont like then idea of a toy for big boys, because i just suond too much like superwaepon in ascended server... and it was a big mistake...

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Halaryel wrote:i dont like then idea of a toy for big boys, because i just suond too much like superwaepon in ascended server... and it was a big mistake...
The unique unit would be what is suggested with a hero, so only giving a few % to a stat, however i'd be limiting the amount of such units in the game and adding a cumulative upkeep cost to it, instead of letting everyone have one and only give it a one time cost.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halaryel Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am

well i very dont like it, the idea was to level a pet and that everybody can have it.... maybe some stupid stuff like hair color and appearance...something you can roleplay with in the forum. etc......

i see a big flaw to it... .everytime a big player want to mass somebody he just need to buy one hero mass away (with reduced cost) and dismiss it. just pay the initial cost.

Halaryel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Pegasus Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:17 am

Admin wrote:
Lord Pegasus wrote:but this isnt like tribal wars at all , that is an action/adventure rpg , when as this is a text based rpg
and one excludes the other? Razz
just cos there aren't fancy graphics doesn't mean you can't get the features.

All i meant is that the two games have nothing in common , this is a war game that you send troops to steal from the enemy , destroy their defence troops weapons etc , but tribal wars you have to destroy enemy villiages and take over then build one on the enemy site you just destroyed , not like AW as its not like you can overtake an account after destroying it is there

Lord Pegasus
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 10
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down