Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decrease AT and ST cost in massing

+3
kingkongfan1
Special Agent 47
Kenzu
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Decrease AT and ST cost in massing - Page 2 Empty Re: Decrease AT and ST cost in massing

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 pm

seaborgium wrote:SS is a continuing cost also. So a fee isn't anything different.
The only players not having to worry are the ones who spent 100$, or sold enough for the package. Or if they got 10 players up to 10k UP and so many awards.

You are correct, I have had VIP SS status since it was released so I often forget these things.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Decrease AT and ST cost in massing - Page 2 Empty Re: Decrease AT and ST cost in massing

Post by Admin Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm not sure that the people who hit active targets would benefit much from such simple measures as reducing attack losses or reducing at cost (cost alone because 5 at's more or less makes little difference if you hit someone and lose 600-4000 soldiers)
people will just build bigger defs

that's why I added the variable attacks into farm missions. Instead of 10 attack turns, use just 9, you'll save 20% of the attack turns while only stealing 10% less. If you have enough ST's then that's a way of improving your profits

A 1 AT missions steals 15% of the kuwal and only makes you suffer 10% of the regular losses.
That's an improvement of 50% in the profit margin (if you ignore the 1 ST cost, which does actually worsen the profit margin but i'm just trying to make a point) compared to a 10 AT hit

Maybe readjusting the % stolen would be a better step. Currently it's a variable % of kuwal stolen while it's 10% of standard losses per AT used.

Changing it to 10% of kuwal stolen per AT used and giving it variable losses would promote more attacking of active players.
Attacking inactives, you will not benefit from a better AT used/% of kuwal stolen ratio, but on the other hand attacking actives you will benefit from using less AT's / suffering less losses

AT used12345678910
Unit losses4%9.5%16.5%26.5%40%53%65.5%77.5%89%100%
Kuwal stolen10%20%30%40%50%60%70%80%90%100%
ST cost is 1 if you use 3 or less AT's, otherwise it's 2 ST
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm going to study on this a bit, but my knee jerk reaction is this,,,

1. This means anyone can hit a live target with only 40% of the losses if they 1AT them 10 times, only down side is the 10ST cost. Interesting to say the least.

2. As for inactives its all meaningless and the only change is an increase in ST cost if for some reason you choose to do this. Ultimately no more activity is generated.

More activity is generated against live accounts tho, so I see this idea as having a good bit of merit. Will be interesting to see how the public reacts to it as it will massively effect the user driven "farming policies".
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:1. This means anyone can hit a live target with only 40% of the losses if they 1AT them 10 times, only down side is the 10ST cost. Interesting to say the least.
It's not as simple as that since you are stealing 10% of the remainder with each hit.

So if the % are how much kuwal is left on the defender's side

100% => 90% => 89% => 80.1% => 72.1% => 64.9% => 58.4 % => 52.55% => 47.3% => 42.6% => 38.3%
After your 10 hits, you will have stolen 62% of the kuwal while losing 40% of the usual losses. If you had it done with 1 hit, you would have lost 53%.
The last hit earnt you 4.3% of the original kuwal while still costing you the normal 4% of losses.
However dont forget that instead of 2 ST's and 6 AT's, you've spent 10 ST's and 10 AT's.

Basically this sums up the nature of where i'm willing to go/look into.
Increase the amount of farming on active accounts, that's ok, simply dumping more AT's to farm inactives, not so much
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Admin wrote:
Increase the amount of farming on active accounts, that's ok, simply dumping more AT's to farm inactives, not so much

Well that's not going to happen much, players will simply build bigger defenses so we are back to square one. 4 or 5 actions per day will be the life of the average AW player. It will help to escalate conflict between players, but not increase the overall activity level or speed of growth. I still think its an interesting idea and should be discussed more.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Well that's not going to happen much, players will simply build bigger defenses so we are back to square one. 4 or 5 actions per day will be the life of the average AW player. It will help to escalate conflict between players, but not increase the overall activity level or speed of growth. I still think its an interesting idea and should be discussed more.

I got a way out of it.
Don't base defenses on total value, but instead on defense per 1 population.
Surely most big players can build maybe 500k def units, even if its only 1-2% of their population and be well defended while a 2 million guy needs 5-10%.

If defense for farming was based on defense action / population, there could be much more farming since all above average players would have to invest a lot into defense, with 25 million population maybe have 2 million def supers, which would mean a higher risk of units killed, and many would not risk that which could lead to more conflicts and interesting events.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:54 pm

Interesting idea, but I think its foolish when coupled with the fact someone with 1/10 of my defense in strike can still take kewul. Someone as large as myself could literally be massed down with farming attacks coming from people with 1/10th or less of my defense in their strikes. I could never defend myself.

It might work if you remove the update where a strike smaller then a def can win kewul, or you raise the "devastating damage" limit much, much higher.

Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum