Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

useless policies of Alliances...

+3
ian
seaborgium
kingkongfan1
7 posters

Go down

useless policies of Alliances... Empty useless policies of Alliances...

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue May 25, 2010 2:01 pm

I didn't know where else to place this post, so I put it here...

In my opinion all the farming/raiding policies that have been posted are a JOKE; why you ask, simple if you are not large enough to back up your policy,(with military strength), then you are just blowing hot air... If on the other hand; you are big enough to back up your policy,(with military strength), if you decide not to abide by your own policy, what is a weaker player to do? there is no holding anyone to any policy except for what I refer to as the "Honor system", & I don't think that this exists in this game. I think Ian has it right in his MOTD..."anyone who farms me gets massed". if you are big enough to back it up good, if not then oh well... the Black Dragons do not have a farm policy, 2 reasons, 1) we are not strong enough to back one.(YET) 2) we farm inactives (mostly, with the occasional low defense player with huge amounts of kuwal out thrown in for good measure), so none of the posted policies really apply to us.
Finally the headache occurs when one comes to realize that alliances want to ignore their very own policies, & give people grief when a player tries to get compensation, & when blatant flaws in a policy are pointed out, but not corrected, so I ask, what is the point to the policies? I say we abolish all policies & have a free for all & see who is left standing... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

useless policies of Alliances... Empty Re: useless policies of Alliances...

Post by seaborgium Tue May 25, 2010 2:09 pm

The policy isn't for what 'we' do its what is done to us.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue May 25, 2010 2:35 pm

seaborgium wrote:The policy isn't for what 'we' do its what is done to us.

Agreed. For The Imperium our farming policy is a necessity to prevent certain alliances mistaking The Imperium's patience when it comes ot farming of us, for weakness....
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue May 25, 2010 3:00 pm

ian wrote:
seaborgium wrote:The policy isn't for what 'we' do its what is done to us.

Agreed. For The Imperium our farming policy is a necessity to prevent certain alliances mistaking The Imperium's patience when it comes ot farming of us, for weakness....

but you say nothing of your alliance farming others? so are you saying you have a seperate policy when dealing with other alliances or individuals when your alliance is clearly in the wrong in a given situation? if so then why not post this second policy so the rest of the players can know what to expect... & for the record I wasn't aiming this at just T.I.E's policy, for all posted policies mirror each other & are flawed in the way I stated earlier... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Fri May 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi Kingkongfan,

Alliances are more powerful than individual players (as a rule). With power comes responsibility.
The policies are there to protect people from wanton and random violence from alliances and for keeping attacks on alliances on a tolerable level.
I don't doubt that the top 8 alliances can enforce their farming policies and are nice enough not to abuse their power.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri May 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Wow.....Jiro :O. Good to see you back Very Happy Also, good explanation Wink

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri May 28, 2010 8:56 pm

The more that the current policies are discussed here in the forums the clearer they become.

The currently published policies are all poorly written and very misleading. The ongoing discussions have clearly shown that the intent of them was to try and manage behavior of the members of the three largest alliances in their actions against each other.

This leads to the question of why were they published in these forums at all. Surely if their intent was only aimed at those alliances then there was actually no need for them to be made public and hence give the impression that they apply to all.

Jiro you made the statement that

"The policies are there to protect people from wanton and random violence from alliances and for keeping attacks on alliances on a tolerable level."

This is all well and good but you will have to go a lot further to convince me that the current policies are nothing more than attempts to allow the members of these alliances to have inflated amounts of Kuwal on hand than would normally occur.

All players should be managing their own accounts so that they do not become targets. Wanton and random violence will only occur where the attacker is going to make what ever they consider to be a reasonable profit. If the attacks continue and are not profitable then I would have to say that they are aggressive in nature as as such aren't they an indication of war in a war game.

Finally if alliances want to have farming policies between themselves that fine by me but keep them private. If they want to have policies that apply to all players the make them realistic. By realistic I mean that the profit made needs to be relative to what can be made farming inactives.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Fri May 28, 2010 9:15 pm

The Imperium Farming policy isn't a discussion or guideline. Its the law.

Failure to comply with the law results in enforcing action to be taken.

T.I.E doesn't really care what everyone else does regarding one another - the only thing we care about is what is done to us... hence the farming policy which anyone wishing to farm us has to abide by. This applies to everyone on the server.

Simply putanyone farming The Imperium enters into a contract - the terms of the contract which are:

- You abide by The Imperium farming policy when farming our members.

OR

- You don't abide by The Imperium farming policy, in which case you then consent to getting massed in response after being warned about your actions.

If you don't want to enter into a contract with The Imperium - don't farm The Imperium.

Simple really Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can pretty much remove "The Imperium" from the above and replace it with World Republic or FIRE... and it will also summarise their own positions pretty accurately...

I don't see what there is to be confused about...
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Fri May 28, 2010 10:31 pm

ian wrote:The Imperium Farming policy isn't a discussion or guideline. Its the law.

Failure to comply with the law results in enforcing action to be taken.

T.I.E doesn't really care what everyone else does regarding one another - the only thing we care about is what is done to us... hence the farming policy which anyone wishing to farm us has to abide by. This applies to everyone on the server.

Simply putanyone farming The Imperium enters into a contract - the terms of the contract which are:

- You abide by The Imperium farming policy when farming our members.

OR

- You don't abide by The Imperium farming policy, in which case you then consent to getting massed in response after being warned about your actions.

If you don't want to enter into a contract with The Imperium - don't farm The Imperium.

Simple really Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can pretty much remove "The Imperium" from the above and replace it with World Republic or FIRE... and it will also summarise their own positions pretty accurately...

I don't see what there is to be confused about...
I know your "farming" policy only applies to those who farm TIE, there is no confusion regarding that. Im not trying to start up another argument but the confusion is over the breach policy, i believe that is what Manleva is refering to. Our whole Black Dragons alliance are trying to come up with a breach policy of our own that is very clear and comprehensive. We will post it in these forums when we get done. We are trying to work all of the kinks out of it at the moment. I think any one signed to a policy should abide by the policy and that is all i have to say.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat May 29, 2010 12:50 am

We are trying to work all of the kinks out of it at the moment.

not to be an ass, but best of luck, the most well thought out plans always have a hole. All ya have to do is ask I can read it over and let you know if i see any.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Sat May 29, 2010 12:59 am

seaborgium wrote:
We are trying to work all of the kinks out of it at the moment.

not to be an ass, but best of luck, the most well thought out plans always have a hole. All ya have to do is ask I can read it over and let you know if i see any.
Thanks for the offer seaborgium. If we need any assistance we'll let you know.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down