Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assault missions

+3
seaborgium
Hai-Shulud
Admin
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Assault missions - Page 2 Empty Re: Assault missions

Post by Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:19 am

Jiro wrote:If BMD pays more, but not immediately, like in the galactic private market, some may sell immediately for 60%, rather than between 60% and 1000% using the BMD.
If you put your weapons at over 1000% cost, you will never get your Kuwal because it is cheaper to buy instantly.
I think you misunderstood jiro.
You sell your weapons and get 60% of the price.
Then the weapons will be available for instant purchase

But tbh it's not really useful to have 2 systems next to each other, one where you can always buy the weapons at 10x price and the other black market system.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 am

So this will just work to restrict the amount of weapons that you can buy instantly? What is the value in that?

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Jiro wrote:So this will just work to restrict the amount of weapons that you can buy instantly? What is the value in that?
how about ...
Idea isn't fully thought through yet?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hai-Shulud Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Nigatsu understood the best i feel

Lemme try again -

10 men with mobile artillery will still lose against 1,000,000 men with knives. However the 1,000,000 men will suffer huge casualties due to the tech difference.
10 men with mobile artillery will still lose against 1,000,000 men with pistols. HOWEVER i expect the losses those men suffer to be much much less.

With the current setup the both attacks will yield similar losses to the attacker but the kuwal lost will be higher on the men attacking with pistols due to the increased cost of their pistols. What im trying to say is even small increments in techs should have LARGE results on the losses. To put it in maths - i expect the tech difference to effect losses in a logarithmic fashion.

RIGHT NOW in the test server THE ONLY thing that matters about who can mass who is tech levels. IF someone has a higher techs than you they can mass you and lose less than you during the process. IF you have higher techs you can mass ( i mean defence techs vs attacks and cov vs cov and ass vs ass ) anyone with lower techs with less losses.

How does this help new players when all the people with high techs are the bigger older players. My suggestion is only that the techs are made less significant and the factors deciding losses on both sides be more closely related to the power on each side.
Hai-Shulud
Hai-Shulud
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : The Crusaders
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Hai-Shulud wrote:10 men with mobile artillery will still lose against 1,000,000 men with knives. However the 1,000,000 men will suffer huge casualties due to the tech difference.
10 men with mobile artillery will still lose against 1,000,000 men with pistols. HOWEVER i expect the losses those men suffer to be much much less.

With the current setup the both attacks will yield similar losses to the attacker but the kuwal lost will be higher on the men attacking with pistols due to the increased cost of their pistols.
You do know that's completely wrong what you just said, right?
Pistols means higher strike/def action than knives, hence proportionately less losses to you and more losses to the enemy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Admin wrote:
Jiro wrote:So this will just work to restrict the amount of weapons that you can buy instantly? What is the value in that?
how about ...
Idea isn't fully thought through yet?
How about making two separate systems to sell: one directly for 60% as is now, one for 61% - 99% of weapon value to weapons dealer. The weapons dealer then offers those weapons for sale at 10x what he paid: 600% to 990% of weapons value. There is an offer with a (virtually) unlimited supply of weapons at 1000% the weapons value.
That way, there is only one stock and one interface for buying instant weapons, though there would be an extra opportunity with selling weapons.
To get rid of everlasting offers, 0.5% of your initial offer would be sold each day at a rate of 61% of value, so after 200 days you would have sold at 61% by default.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hai-Shulud Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Admin wrote:
Hai-Shulud wrote:10 men with mobile artillery will still lose against 1,000,000 men with knives. However the 1,000,000 men will suffer huge casualties due to the tech difference.

With the current setup the both attacks will yield similar losses to the attacker but the kuwal lost will be higher on the men attacking with pistols due to the increased cost of their pistols.
You do know that's completely wrong what you just said, right?
Pistols means higher strike/def action than knives, hence proportionately less losses to you and more losses to the enemy

Once again due to my bad wording i wasnt able to convey my point- Lets assume that the 10 mobile artillery still provide a decent amount of power. Due to the difference in tech levels (hence wep power between defenders and attackers) both attack i quoted will fail due to the strikers offence decreasing at a much faster pace than the defenders when assaulting!

I KNOW that the numbers i used in my original example do not match up but i didnt want to bring maths into it but keep it purely theory.
Hai-Shulud
Hai-Shulud
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : The Crusaders
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:02 pm

problem is that I dont deal with theory, neither do the battle logs and neither does the code.

So, i'm afraid you'll need to bring maths into it. Cos I still dont get what you're trying to say then.
Just repeat the previous example along with the numbers of units killed and weapon value lost and clear up some important questions, i.e. who's the attacker.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2